Anyone else got a good feeling we will win?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We might win but I can’t feel confident about it with a defense this bad. I am concerned that we are going to make Arkansas’s turnover prone dual threat QB look like Mike Vick.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We are going to make Tayler Green look like Johnny Manziel. Book it.
His 2024 SEC completion rate is 59.5%. It will be over 80% tomorrow. However, he is prone to throwing picks. It really does come down to the turnover margin being +3 or higher for &tate. Like mentioned, Hogs will score 3 out of 4 times they have the ball unless we force a turnover. We have no pass rush and we play 10 yards off the receivers.

Reactions: aTotal360

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I’d like to see a mistake/turnover game from both teams and Dawgs just win straight up on total effort and just wanting it more tomorrow. Lebby and them Dawgs are due, especially for a first SEC win and I’m going to the game to support them and see if we can pull it off but I just feel like the Dawgs come up short tomorrow.

Thought that last year too when I took that drive to Fayetteville but Arnett was able to pull that one out after Razorbacks, Jefferson, and Pittman just said, here, take this win, we don’t want it. smh Crazy game last year. Maybe we pit forth a better effort to win this year and D can put a few things together to get off the field and let O do their thing. Patrino will be looking for ways to capitalize off that Dawg D tho. Gonna be a beautiful morning/early afternoon for a game & God Bless our Military 🇺🇸 & all them Dawgs that don the Maroon tomorrow, HAIL STATE! :)#HERESTOANSECWIN

I’d like to see a mistake/turnover game from both teams and Dawgs just win straight up on total effort and just wanting it more tomorrow. Lebby and them Dawgs are due, especially for a first SEC win and I’m going to the game to support them and see if we can pull it off but I just feel like the Dawgs come up short tomorrow.

Thought that last year too when I took that drive to Fayetteville but Arnett was able to pull that one out after Razorbacks, Jefferson, and Pittman just said, here, take this win, we don’t want it. smh Crazy game last year. Maybe we pit forth a better effort to win this year and D can put a few things together to get off the field and let O do their thing. Patrino will be looking for ways to capitalize off that Dawg D tho. Gonna be a beautiful morning/early afternoon for a game & God Bless our Military 🇺🇸 & all them Dawgs that don the Maroon tomorrow, HAIL STATE! :)#HERESTOANSECWIN
I believe Jefferson threw that game for whatever reason. Don't know if he was paid or if he was mad at someone on the coaching staff. If he played a half of football they would have won last year.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I want to say yes. And I was thinking that before the injury report. Who do we have playing on the DL ? Is anybody left ? Kpaka and who else ?? No Dink. No KBJ. No Travion ? Is Demonte playing ? If we could stop the run I would say definitely but if we don't have any linemen that won't happen. I guess we will see what our freshmen can do. 60 minutes with no rotation ain't gonna be pretty tho. Especially considering they were kinda ugly to start with

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
When it comes to sports gambling, there is 1 hard and fast rule:

Never, ever, never bet for or against Mississippi State. They will 17 you every single time.

A hard lesson that I learned while in school here and that's I've seen illustrated dozens upon dozens of times since.

Reactions: dorndawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
We might win but I can’t feel confident about it with a defense this bad. I am concerned that we are going to make Arkansas’s turnover prone dual threat QB look like Mike Vick.
If their 250 lb RB finishes with a stat line worse that 25 carries, 150 yds, and 3 TDs, I'll be shocked

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I picked us to win last week, but I didn't really believe it. I picked us again this week, and this time I think we do have a puncher's chance. We have been slowly building a little momentum the last three weeks. A win Saturday would be a big thing for the program. Biggest game in a long time.
No Problem Sarcasm GIF by Strays

Yes, there is a chance, but I don't think our coaches are experience enough to know how to handle the situation at the end. I see us pulling close but Arkansas winning on a last-minute drive, or we will run out of time. Take the points, we will cover again.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I won twice on them last week. ATS and the over.
It's only gambling if you know what you're doing......and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Last week, I loaded the wagon on Texas, but Kirby had UGA ready to play!

It would have pulled me close to even for the year.

Fortunately I did hit a four leg parlay or I'd be moving...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Sneaky little factoid nobody will talk about - our offense ain't good.
SEC Games:
9th in total offense
9th in scoring
6th in TDs scored
4th in total yards
5th in rushing
6th in pass yards

Your **** takes make me laugh. Year one has been strong since we got to conference play. Especially when the defense can't get off the field.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
SEC Games:
9th in total offense
9th in scoring
6th in TDs scored
4th in total yards
5th in rushing
6th in pass yards

Your **** takes make me laugh. Year one has been strong since we got to conference play. Especially when the defense can't get off the field
You can call it 6th but w/ several ties above us in several categories, 11 teams have scored more TD's than us.
13 teams above us in scoring offense.
11 above us in total yards
13 above us in points scored kicking
12 above us in total yards per play
15th in rushing yards, etc etc etc
Last in total defense and scoring defense

There's no way to sugar coat a turd, you can always smell it underneath

Reactions: RopeDawg

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Sneaky little factoid nobody will talk about - our offense ain't good.

You can call it 6th but w/ several ties above us in several categories, 11 teams have scored more TD's than us.
13 teams above us in scoring offense.
11 above us in total yards
13 above us in points scored kicking
12 above us in total yards per play
15th in rushing yards, etc etc etc
Last in total defense and scoring defense

There's no way to sugar coat a turd, you can always smell it underneath
Not in conference

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
They are not good against the pass so if we can establish any running game we should be able to light them up thru the air. On the other side of that they suck at passing but have a strong running game. IF....lol...we can slow down their running game we should be able to outscore them. Obviously if they grind it down the field for 10 minute drives that we can not stop our offense won't be on the field. So there is the whole game. Gotta stop the run or create some turnovers if we wanna outscore them. Just that simple. So I'm hoping for turnovers. Tackling is not our forte

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I think we win, or at the least are in it until the end.

I'm taking State +7 and putting some cheddar on the money line at State +220 ($10 wagered wins $22 - the $10 you wagered is included in that $22).

The O/U is 55.5, lately their Offense has struggled, but their D is stout, I'm staying away from the O/U.

Good teams win, great teams cover.
Who are we playing?**********

patdog

May 28, 2007
They are not good against the pass so if we can establish any running game we should be able to light them up thru the air. On the other side of that they suck at passing but have a strong running game. IF....lol...we can slow down their running game we should be able to outscore them. Obviously if they grind it down the field for 10 minute drives that we can not stop our offense won't be on the field. So there is the whole game. Gotta stop the run or create some turnovers if we wanna outscore them. Just that simple. So I'm hoping for turnovers. Tackling is not our forte
At least we got out of that ridiculous 3-2 defense we ran vs Arizona St. last week. Stack the run & take our chances on the pass. A good QB will destroy us. But a good QB is going to destroy us anyway. And a lot of SEC QBs aren’t good.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
At least we got out of that ridiculous 3-2 defense we ran vs Arizona St. last week. Stack the run & take our chances on the pass. A good QB will destroy us. But a good QB is going to destroy us anyway. And a lot of SEC QBs aren’t good.
Yeah this guy isn't a great QB but he can run. I'm worried we can't stop the run. Otherwise I think we will be pretty good. They definitely ain't Texas or Georgia

Reactions: patdog

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
I don’t think we will win but it feels good going into a game knowing you at least have a chance to. Been a month since last the last opportunity.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Showtime is only 77th at 379 yards per game. We still haven't put more than 2 good quarters of offense together in any game, except maybe Eastern Kentucky. At times offense looks pretty good. But way too many times it looks pretty bad.
To be fair, we’re 111th in TOP. A testament to our defense’s inability to get off the field. Hard for the offense to score points when they don’t have the ball.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
To be fair, we’re 111th in TOP. A testament to our defense’s inability to get off the field. Hard for the offense to score points when they don’t have the ball.
Also, keep in mind that going into the TAMU game, we had played the #1 toughest schedule in the country. Going into this week, our remaining SOS is #118.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Also, keep in mind that going into the TAMU game, we had played the #1 toughest schedule in the country. Going into this week, our remaining SOS is #118.
Added that we played Texas and Georgia on the road.

If you wonder why Georgia defense made Texas look so weak, it was the game film from our game in Austin. Texas showed everything against us. Only scoring 1 TD each quarter until the 4th scoring 2.

Meanwhile, Georgia played us and only ran basic plays, hiding most of their game plan for Texas.

We are an incomplete team. But we've done the best maybe in the last few weeks with what we have. Maybe we will see some of that hard work pay off soon.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login