Anyone in Starkville feel/hear that loud booming noise?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We live in Green Oaks and I was home for lunch and our house shook. Apparently our neighbors and a bunch of people across town felt it. Anyone know what that was?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Some pair of fat asses finally met at south farm.

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Where I live we just chalk it up to the redneck militia shooting tannerite again.

Grove Sh*tter

Aug 25, 2014
I lived in green oaks for 12 years. One night at about 2am, I awoke to the sound of machine gun fire. I thought...surely not, and then I heard it again. I woke up my wife to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and she heard it too.

We alerted the police. They sent a car that passed in front of our house until the sound resumed and the car sped away.

The police called back and said it was MMC concrete on industrial park road cleaning the hardened detritus from the trucks with an air hammer.

msu4ever

Aug 22, 2012
WE live in Green Paks to and I was at my office, but heard it on the other side of town.

We live in Green Oaks and I was home for lunch and our house shook. Apparently our neighbors and a bunch of people across town felt it. Anyone know what that was?

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005

acetylene/oxygen balloon. Mix it just right, fashion a fuse long enough to front to rear, disappear.

the quickest way to make your neighbors **** their pants with zero evidence or collateral damage.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I Hancock County it happens often. It’s either NASA, meth lab, moonshine still

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
acetylene/oxygen balloon. Mix it just right, fashion a fuse long enough to front to rear, disappear.

the quickest way to make your neighbors **** their pants with zero evidence or collateral damage.

Had a teacher do this in jr high shop class to demonstrate how flammable it was. Yea I'm old

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
Had a teacher do this in jr high shop class to demonstrate how flammable it was. Yea I'm old

same with my brother. The volunteer the shop teacher got to touch the torch to the balloon and set it off was found across campus after everyone got their bearings back.

after that my brother set some off in trash bags. So many that dad thought his valves on the gas bottles were leaking.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Chemistry teacher at Jr college. He used a 55 gal trash bag liner and held it to the natural gas valve in the lab for about 15 minutes. It was a big balloon!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login