Anyone with any info on the shooting at KFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
Someone is in critical condition from a drive by shooting according to some of my peeps who were at bops a half hour after the ambulance left

Reactions: cytubb

HotMop

May 8, 2006
They only used 10 of the ingredients, had that coming.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Gang stuff… spill over from Lowndes county…. Getting worse… don’t see it stopping either… Barney Fife and company are getting as bad as city of Jackson cops…

Reactions: preacher_dawg

cytubb

Feb 25, 2008
Gang stuff… spill over from Lowndes county…. Getting worse… don’t see it stopping either… Barney Fife and company are getting as bad as city of Jackson cops…
Heard there was a large group fighting with chains and tire irons on louisville street across from the Pines Trailer Park at the finance business before the shooting at KFC .

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That's always a crapshoot; you never know which one will be a good set of officers and which one is not. It all depends on who's in charge. I've seen some really good and awful ones here and back home in Mississippi. You don't want to do anything illegal in Williamson County.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Heard there was a large group fighting with chains and tire irons on louisville street across from the Pines Trailer Park at the finance business before the shooting at KFC .
If I remember correctly, at any time there are always some big gang fights with knives, chains, and tire irons. Anywhere...

Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The shooter will probably be back out on the street before this thread dies if recent history is any indication.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That's all you got? It's right up there with that we coddle the inmates in Parchman. It's beyond stupid, bordering on mentally disabled. But that's what we know to expect from you.
I didn’t say we coddled anyone.
I said places that have less crime/violence than we do often have harsher and swifter penalties for criminals.

I know you don’t have the mental capacity to stay on topic so I’ll forgive you.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I didn’t say we coddled anyone.
I said places that have less crime/violence than we do often have harsher and swig and more penalties for criminals.

I know you don’t have the mental capacity to stay on topic so I’ll forgive you.
"
Charge him as an adult.
Public execution.
Let’s fix these problems.
."

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
We know where boom boom stands politically, so it’s no surprise that he thinks criminals should have more rights than law-abiding citizens.
No I don't, and it's dumb to have concluded that.

Pro tip, in court, the only difference between a "criminal" and a "law-abiding citizen" is an assertion of the State. And how much is that worth? Protecting the rights of citizens means protecting the rights of criminals. Can't have one without the other.

Now, as for the convicted, they have very few rights, certainly far less than citizens. But they still have some rights. And besides, how we treat them speaks to our own decency and morals, and in aggregate has consequences.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
No I don't, and it's dumb to have concluded that.

Pro tip, in court, the only difference between a "criminal" and a "law-abiding citizen" is an assertion of the State. And how much is that worth? Protecting the rights of citizens means protecting the rights of criminals. Can't have one without the other.

Now, as for the convicted, they have very few rights, certainly far less than citizens. But they still have some rights. And besides, how we treat them speaks to our own decency and morals, and in aggregate has consequences.
Then quit talking about other countries and how their crime and violence is better than ours.

if you are lenient on criminals, they remain criminals. That’s not an indictment on our justice system. That’s an indictment on them as POS individuals.

Simp.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I said places that have less crime/violence than we do often have harsher and swig and more penalties for criminals.
So, there's not actually any evidence that this is true. At least not that I've found. If you have a study that shows differently, I'd sincerely like to read it.

The few independent studies I've seen show that, if anything, crime rates in tough on crime areas are generally higher than in supposed soft on crime areas. Though, in fairness, the general consensus is that those tough on crime areas have higher rates of crime because they start expanding the number of things that are criminal offenses. Marijuana possession is the easy example. If one area decriminalizes possession, it's going to have a lower crime rate than a similar area that criminalizes possession.

But, in general, being tough on crime doesn't reduce crime because by definition, you can only be "tough" on it after it's already happened. Mississippi and Louisiana have the highest rates of incarceration per capita in the country. If being tough on crime reduced crime rates, those two states also wouldn't rank at the top of the violent crime statistics. But they do.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, crime generally maps pretty consistently to socioeconomic data. A tough sheriff or tough DA doesn't change that socioeconomic data.

Reactions: mstateglfr

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We know where boom boom stands politically, so it’s no surprise that he thinks criminals should have more rights than law-abiding citizens.
It doesn't matter what the subject is; he's a member of those usual suspects that you can count on making the posts crafted for the leftist answer to any opinion. They will make more posts than you can ever believe, and they will always seem to have the time and energy to respond with more enthusiasm, tone, and word count than you can imagine.

DS has to have giant 8K flat screens in every room solely because of their total post count.

And they will always tell you what a moron you are, without fail.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Then quit talking about other countries and how their crime and violence is better than ours.

if you are lenient on criminals, they remain criminals. That’s not an indictment on our justice system. That’s an indictment on them as POS individuals.

Simp.
I never have, dumbass. And hey, there you are saying Parchman is coddling. And your take is beyond stupid. Do you really think you have some great insight, that being tough as shite on criminals may reduce crime? Newsflash you imbecile, WE KNOW. But there are other considerations that the rest of us are taking into account, rather than ignoring because a nuanced take would be hard. For example, our justice system is not actually that great at determining who is innocent and who is guilty. You ok with these harsh measures on those who are wrongly convicted?

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login