Are Yall Treating This Year Like Dan's 1st Year?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Well when Dan started there were a lot of moving parts in building a successful college football program.... now ALL the parts are moving . So who the 17 knows.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Honestly not worried about a particular win total, but we should win the ones we are clear favorites in and not look like a Moorhead or an Arnett coached team.
I def think we ARE gonna look better than those 3 year dumpster fires. Whether it translates to wins just don't know. I know in 2009 I was shocked at how competitive we were. Lots of strain. Wish that Dan would have stayed

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
We lost 2 non conference games and came within a yard of going 4-4 in the league with a tiny QB. But the SEC is a lot tougher than it was in the mid 2000s.

I’m sure most everyone would be happy with a 4-0, 2-6 from this team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t feel the same excitement we had during Mullen’s first year. Probably because of 8 years of futility before that. This time around, it’s more of a ‘prove it’ thing due to the drag of losing a proven leader in Leach. Its residual.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I literally have No, Zero, Nada, expectations. With a first year/first time head coach, a first year/first time defensive coordinator, no offensive coordinator listed so I assume Lebby is filling that too, only David Turner and Bumphis back, and who knows how many new faces from transfers and FR. Nope, I have no expectations........

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t feel the same excitement we had during Mullen’s first year. Probably because of 8 years of futility before that. This time around, it’s more of a ‘prove it’ thing due to the drag of losing a proven leader in Leach. Its residual.
I definitely think Dan had more fan buy in on Day 1 than Lebby has, and it’s likely not close. There was a ton of enthusiasm for Mullen. Packed house for Game 1 against Jackson State. I think people are more curious than excited for Lebby, and that EKU game won’t come close to selling out if I had to guess.

As far as year end results I could definitely see something similar to 2009. Clear improvement but rough schedule so you may not see it in the win column. That said, if you can maneuver the first three games and get to that Florida game at 3-0, that’s a winnable home game that should have a good bit of excitement. And if you win that I think people will really start to buy in for remaining home games.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I may be and probably will be highly disappointed like I have been for so many Mississippi State football seasons but for some reason I think (hope) we can get 6 wins this year.
I was actually very optimistic about last year and thought we may could win 7 and we all know how that turned out.
I don’t think there’s any way we are that incompetent in all phases of the game again this year but……

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I definitely think Dan had more fan buy in on Day 1 than Lebby has, and it’s likely not close. There was a ton of enthusiasm for Mullen. Packed house for Game 1 against Jackson State. I think people are more curious than excited for Lebby, and that EKU game won’t come close to selling out if I had to guess.

As far as year end results I could definitely see something similar to 2009. Clear improvement but rough schedule so you may not see it in the win column. That said, if you can maneuver the first three games and get to that Florida game at 3-0, that’s a winnable home game that should have a good bit of excitement. And if you win that I think people will really start to buy in for remaining home games.
👆👆

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

No question. This is just ME PERSONALLY, but I have some reservations about Lebby, which are well documented here. But if we're 3-0 going into Florida and we look well coached and in shape, I'll buy in, and tell everybody here I was wrong. It's happened before (but not often :cool:).

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Our talent is good enough to win 8 IF we have Mullen Esque coaching. But NOT good enough talent to win 5 with bad coaching. Maybe Sports God feels we've earned a Reach Around. We're due.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Like every year and every one else. We go undefeated till we don’t. It may be 1 game in or 8 before putting a 1 in the L column. Always wanting more than we get.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am not going to decide till I hear from Clinton in Helen. Some things in life have much more importance than you might think.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That and transfer portal didn't exist so you didn't have to think your best players were just going to jump ship if you showed improvement: the transfer portal has killed my enthusiasm more then anything

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That and transfer portal didn't exist so you didn't have to think your best players were just going to jump ship if you showed improvement: the transfer portal has killed my enthusiasm more then anything
If we’d just stabilize things, we/fans/coaches can get started innovating and figuring shlt out ie enjoying it again, and ‘following’ the program like we used to. But we just keep blowing holes in every dam. The changes just don’t seem to stop.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login