Arizona Game Thread

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
It has EVERYTHING to do with the transition. Leach was the ULTIMATE system coach. NOBODY ran the PURE Air Raid but him. I don't think too many people realize just how DIFFERENT his system was, even from the rest of the Air Raid tree.
Lol, more spin. Just let the guy Rest In Peace. He’s been trashed enough on here

Reactions: thekimmer

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
It has EVERYTHING to do with the transition. Leach was the ULTIMATE system coach. NOBODY ran the PURE Air Raid but him. I don't think too many people realize just how DIFFERENT his system was, even from the rest of the Air Raid tree.
I understand how different his system was, and I am not saying that the transition isn't having an impact. But we have the personnel to successfully run a more standard offense. We just don't have the talent to run the 17ing ground raid, or whatever the hell you want to call Barbay's offense.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I know it’s different but only 17 passes? Surely you can draw up a few pass plays that are similar… The few passes he did make were successful. We had quite a few head scratcher plays in multiple series tonight.
All I saw was for the most part we couldn't block to pass early on. When Will actually got one off he was pretty decent. We ran the ball well early....and that sucked us in for sure. Balance and unpredictably is the key. We got off center in both facets there tonight. Most of that was forced, but not all. If they aren't going to throw the ball some with Wright they might as well leave him on the bench. That dawg won't hunt anymore.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I'm disappointed we arent using the tight ends more in the pass game. We have a couple of guys who can drag across the middle and are large targets. We're going to need that route against LSU.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Give me a break. I'm no defender of Will, but don't put this on him. He executed when his number was called.
He either doesn’t trust Will or doesn’t trust the line to give will time. There’s no other explanation for how we hid our 4 year starter against a mediocre at best PAC 12 team.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
yea L4, I’ve seen all your bad takes on leach, “worst coach ever“Just give it a rest. he didn’t have any problem with Arizona on the road last year, and I am sure he would win a lot of games with this roster this year. But carry on with your narrative.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All you Leach haters are going to miss the 17 out of the Air Raid by the end of this season.
Modified air raid is what the people wanted. Balance. Not up the middle with the back all game. Riley's offense is what we should be running. This season. Transitioning to dual threat next season.

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Modified air raid is what the people wanted. Balance. Not up the middle with the back all game. Riley's offense is what we should be running. This season. Transitioning to dual threat next season.
I don’t see how it would have been difficult to just add a tight end, which leach has used in previous stops, narrow the splits and run more out of the spread ? About a gazillion teams across high school and college do this every week.

seems like a lot smoother transition and would have made more sense.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login