Arnett is in over his head…

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
That "the lights on but nobody's home" look on his face kinda says it all

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Comparing him to the screaming midget that was on the other sideline last week, I don't think Arnett even cares.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Comparing him to the screaming midget that was on the other sideline last week, I don't think Arnett even cares.
After the LSU game during his midweek coach interview he said, "When I get fired." I thought it was strange for him to say it but now . . .

Reactions: BigDawg0074

patdog

May 28, 2007
It needs to happen. It won’t happen though. We’ve got another year of this.

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
Guys. Go back and read my posts over the years. You won’t find me begging for the backup or prematurely asking for a coaching change.

This is awful and unless there is a miracle turnaround, I don’t see how you can continue..considering this is not a rebuilding year.

Reactions: MSUDawgs247

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Who we gonna get that will put butts in the seats? Half the clowns on this and other boards have convinced themselves we couldn’t hire a MAC coordinator to take the job.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That was a different AD. And even then, Keenum overruled him the first time until after the bowl disaster.
You can't equate our baseball situation and football as the same. Our baseball coach did win a natty and Selmon was still new. Selmons been on campus for 10 months now.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I just watched the Texas OU ending. We can't afford to wait! They will be in the conference next season! Let's right the ship!

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

patdog

May 28, 2007
You can't equate our baseball situation and football as the same. Our baseball coach did win a natty and Selmon was still new. Selmons been on campus for 10 months now.
Who said anything about baseball? Selmons being paid a lot of money and he’s done nothing in the 10 months he’s been here. Just another lazy, bad hire by Keenum.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We can pay a top 15-20 salary. Plenty of people will want to come.
We can pay a Top 15-20 salary, or we can pay for Top 15-20 players. But we can’t do both. And ultimately we have to do the second one just to keep sneaking into crappy bowl games…..regardless of how good or bad our coach is.

The thing is….right now, we aren’t doing either one. So I’m curious as to why folks think we can get blood from a turnip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Will Rogers.sixpack

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You gotta get somebody. I can't imagine what it's gonna look like by the Egg Bowl. This is ridiculous. I stand by 4 and 8.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who said anything about baseball? Selmons being paid a lot of money and he’s done nothing in the 10 months he’s been here. Just another lazy, bad hire by Keenum.
He's been doing a lot on the money and advertising side. What else would he do but fire a coach

Reactions: Other Kind

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Selmon wasn’t even here yet when Arnett was hired. Not sure what he is supposed to do.

And I’ve got news for you….Keenum didn’t hire Selmon. The same guys hired him who hire every AD….the same ones who control that AD and the ones who ACTUALLY decide who gets hired and fired and when. The AD has no real power beyond fundraising. Silly that no one realizes that yet.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
At some point Selmon needs to step up or step out. A year in and honestly not sure who the guy is or what he's trying to accomplish. With Byrne and the cheerleader at least there was direction. Cohen balled up and put Jomo in the road but then RUNN-O-F-T before the hard call was needed on lemonis. I guess with the new AD at least we changed the midfield and helmet logo. We can not ever let keenum make another coaching hire period. That should never ever happen. EVER!

Reactions: patdog

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
We should have told Arnett you're head coach, put your stamp on the program; With the requirement we keep the O staff with Spurrier as the OC. If he succeeds great, if not THEN blow up the AirRaid and start over.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
We should have told Arnett you're head coach, put your stamp on the program; With the requirement we keep the O staff with Spurrier as the OC. If he succeeds great, if not THEN blow up the AirRaid and start over.
Or if you want to change the offense to a variation of the air raid which is run heavy and bring in another OC/HC next year that’s fine, but for this season just keep the staff together, don’t blow it up and win 7-8 games. that made sense, make Arnett interim and have continuity.
The team that beat Illinois in the bowl game would win 7 games, was organized, disciplined, tough and just light years better than this mess.

Reactions: Fritz!
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login