Baker Mayfield

patdog

May 28, 2007
What a week he's had. Cut by the Panthers on Monday, picked up by the Rams on Tuesday, plays almost the whole game on Thursday without their 2 best receivers, and leads them to a comeback 17-16 late win. I had no idea they won the game until just now. Last I saw it was 3-16 in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
While it’s a great story, most people aren’t seeing the other side of the coin. The Raiders did more to lose that game than the Rams did to win.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
While it’s a great story, most people aren’t seeing the other side of the coin. The Raiders did more to lose that game than the Rams did to win.
Yeah. Sounds like it was a really ugly game.

Balls.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
As bad as the Raiders are, the Rams are not good this year either. It's impressive what he did coming in to a different system, on the team less than 48 hours and is able to lead a comeback victory without their 2 best offensive weapons. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain some level of success there, he's been wildly inconsistent to put it mildly. Sean McVay is a good coach, something Baker hasn't really had on previous teams so if it doesn't work out here, I don't see him in the league much longer.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
As bad as the Raiders are, the Rams are not good this year either. It's impressive what he did coming in to a different system, on the team less than 48 hours and is able to lead a comeback victory without their 2 best offensive weapons. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain some level of success there, he's been wildly inconsistent to put it mildly. Sean McVay is a good coach, something Baker hasn't really had on previous teams so if it doesn't work out here, I don't see him in the league much longer.
Baker is going to be in the league for a while. The Saints could use him right now. San Fran too if their QB stays out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login