Weather nerds........Milton

HotMop

May 8, 2006
You hate to root for a hurricane to move in any direction bc people live all up and down the west coast of Florida, but this thing really really needs to stay south of Tampa Bay.
As a Floridian I hope it hits Miami.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Milton should weaken before it hits FL. It is currently taking advantage of near perfect conditions to rapidly intensify, but as it gets closer to FL it is forecast to encounter some pretty significant wind shear which would serve to weaken at least some. It is still forecast to be a major hurricane but shouldn't be a 5 at landfall.
That's why I compare it to Katrina. Katrina was a 3 at landfall but it was so huge by then it was pushing a mountain of water in front of it . I hope this one will weaken sooner.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So THAT'S how George Bush caused Katrina, I knew it!
kanye west news GIF by NowThis

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
May be worse than Katrina. Remember Katrina ONLY affected New Orleans.😳😳 The Land Mass East of New Orleans was barely even touched! ***
But seriously, there are thousands of tons of debris along the Florida Gulf Coast from Helene that will become dangerous projectiles! Maybe in the future they should just burn the debris rather then pile it up to be hauled off.

Reactions: tbaydog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If everyone remember Katrina was followed by Rita in a short period and I think another hurricane hit South Carolina not long after.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
My wife is on a Disney planner group and there’s people arguing saying that families shouldn’t cancel their Disney trip. Morons live among us.

View attachment 666209
My wife and three other family members are at Disney right now. Their flight out is scheduled for Wednesday…..they have a car rented for tomorrow morning, so we’ll just have to eat the ticket. I was going to have them ride it out in the park as a Cat 3, but not a 5.

The people recommending others go ahead and go are absolute morons. What a world we live in.

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
What Milton is doing right now is historical. It was a tropical depression two days ago and now it might go sub 900mb in the next day or two. It is currently in near perfect conditions to strengthen, and that it has. No dry air entrainment, no shear, just warm Gulf water.

That being said. as Milton moves further east it will weaken. It won't make landfall at this strength. I'm not going to comment on how much it will weaken, as this thing has grossly overperformed so far, but it won't be the monster it is currently.

All that to say, if you live near Tampa, you need to gtfo.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
This is a good page to bookmark. It carries all the spaghetti models that are current on the storms that the National Hurricane Center is monitoring.

Spaghetti
This is his Face Book page to get his live reports.

Reactions: tbaydog

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
May be worse than Katrina. Remember Katrina ONLY affected New Orleans.😳😳 The Land Mass East of New Orleans was barely even touched! ***
But seriously, there are thousands of tons of debris along the Florida Gulf Coast from Helene that will become dangerous projectiles! Maybe in the future they should just burn the debris rather then pile it up to be hauled off.
Dude, that would emit CO2 & make the next one worse.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
4th strong hurricane ever. Didn’t even cross the Atlantic. Might be the biggest natural disaster in American history.

It is incredibly silly to call fossil fuels cheap.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Hopefully some of the eye brushes the Yucatán. That will take a little steam off of it.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I’ve been on Mike’s since I moved down here after someone recommended it years ago. I like it better than Tropical Tidbits.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’ve been on Mike’s since I moved down here after someone recommended it years ago. I like it better than Tropical Tidbits.
I been sippin on that Mike's Hard Hurricane site lately well. It hits like its 1999 and I love it. No frills. Just give me the damn maps and get outta my way

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Reactions: mcdawg22

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
I know this minor to the big picture. We have numerous communities that had major surge damage due to Helena. The people furniture etc.... are sitting on the sides of the streets. There will be missiles flying with everything else.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My neighbor's kid is at Embry Riddle. School just got canceled for the rest of the week. They also shut down things like the cafeteria to force some students out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login