Bama thread

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We are a very flawed team. You add a wing and a couple of guards that can shoot and we’d be a good team, top 20. Jan’s should have seen this coming in the off season.

Reactions: msugolf and patdog

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Whatever happened to good defense beats good offense? We're just so limited offensively it's ugly at times. The turnover's the missed 3's. This one could get UGLY. I backed outta taking Bama -8.5 earlier because I hate betting against my own team. Should've known better.
Could get ugly? We down +20 at half.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
So the guy from BAMA falls down, Tolu helps the guy back up while BAMa has the ball, the guy Tolu helped up gets the rebound and throws it out to a wide open 3 point shooter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They started out physical and got some foulls called, but a lot of fouls that weren't called and we ended up with two guys in the locker room injured in the first half. It ain't too hard to figure why we couldn't shoot after that, because it completely took put our offense out of whack. They can't miss a three-pointer. We'll see how they do in the second half. This one is turning out, just like I expected when we were playing the top quarantine in basketball on their home Court on Saturday night in front of a packed house. At least we're playing the part of "sacrificial lamb" well that the SEC wanted when they scheduled this game.

Reactions: 85Bears

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Truth hurts, and unfortunately Jans sucks at bringing in talent. The problems with this team were evident last year and he failed to address them. And don’t give me Taylor, there were issues with him at Marshall too. This offseason will be make or break Jans tenure here. I’m guessing it’s the latter

Reactions: RockyDog and patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Truth hurts, and unfortunately Jans sucks at bringing in talent. The problems with this team were evident last year and he failed to address them. And don’t give me Taylor, there were issues with him at Marshall too. This offseason will be make or break Jans tenure here. I’m guessing it’s the latter
That’s the beauty of having five players in basketball, very easy fix if you have an iq over 100. You can find shooters in the juco ranks, go to Indiana...they grow 6-4 lights out shooters on trees. Set some screens and they can light it up. This isn’t rocket science or football.

Jan’s has some good front court players, we are scrappy but just need some guards/wings shooters and a coherent offense.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
iowa women on other channel…..CC is better than any player on our team

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Bama not even running sets. They just grab the offensive board and kick it to a wide open man. They look like they are playing 7 on 5. Our “defense” is atrocious

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Road game or not they’re playing like a$$. Happy now? I’m sure you are.
I'm not happy that they are playing terrible but I am pleased that some folks are seeing what I was seeing. They can be pretty good when they want to but too many guys take a night off especially on the road. In particular Tolu.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I won't be surprised if we lose by 40.

I felt bad about this one and just didn't want to spew negativity pregame.

Bama is better than their record and a nightmare for our style, whatever that is.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I'm not happy that they are playing terrible but I am pleased that some folks are seeing what I was seeing. They can be pretty good when they want to but too many guys take a night off especially on the road. In particular Tolu.
Congrats that you think you were right. I’m sure you’re overjoyed to be right about State being bad.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
@ LSU is winnable (after the next 4) but they are much improved from earlier this season. After that, we may not win another game.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Congrats that you think you were right. I’m sure you’re overjoyed to be right about State being bad.
I guess you didn't read my response. This team is lazy just like they were 2 weeks ago when I said it and all yall said oh no...its just a road game and the refs are being mean. I wish they were better but you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first. Bunch of sunshine pumpers

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We really don't have anybody that can score available to play for us now do we?
They shoot horses don't they?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When it comes to NET, Bama is #2 in the SEC. Why is it when we win the basketball thread is short. When we lose it immense.

• Haha
Reactions: skydawg1

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When it comes to NET, Bama is #2 in the SEC. Why is it when we win the basketball thread is short. When we lose it immense.
How it’s always been. It will be crickets if they’re winning no matter the sport. Losing brings out the best of sixpack.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login