Bama thread

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
That’s the beauty of having five players in basketball, very easy fix if you have an iq over 100. You can find shooters in the juco ranks, go to Indiana...they grow 6-4 lights out shooters on trees. Set some screens and they can light it up. This isn’t rocket science or football.

Jan’s has some good front court players, we are scrappy but just need some guards/wings shooters and a coherent offense.

If it's that easy he would've done it already.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Someone needs to get a mop for the floor under the announcers. It’s got to be getting sticky under there.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
And I don’t mean to bash Jan’s, im not, he’s done some good things. I’m sure he’d be the first to tell you he needs shooters. It’s pretty easy to recruit 2s and 3s compared to inside players.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
No he didn’t do it and it’s on him, anyone could see the team was unbalanced and needed shooters. And no it’s not hard to find pull up,shooters in the juco ranks or g5. Not great all around players but shooters. You’re wrong.
I mean he did though. Brought in 2 shooters: #1 Juco player in Fort and a 20+ppg scorer from Marshall in Taylor. Not to mention Hubbard.

Just because they didn’t work out doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I mean he did though. Brought in 2 shooters: #1 Juco player in Fort and a 20+ppg scorer from Marshall in Taylor. Not to mention Hubbard.

Just because they didn’t work out doesn’t mean he didn’t do it.
This is a very unbalanced team and it’s obvious, roster management is an issue. I like Jan’s but this chit is obvious. Let’s hope he gets it figured out for next year I’m sure he will. I like our length and scrappiness but we need some shooters....

Reactions: patdog

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
And I don’t mean to bash Jan’s, im not, he’s done some good things. I’m sure he’d be the first to tell you he needs shooters. It’s pretty easy to recruit 2s and 3s compared to inside players.
Jans deserves all types of criticism with the way he's coached this team this year. Until he changes his offensive sets/ philosophy shooters aren't going to help that much. Dude needs to get with the times or go back to mid major

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
This is a very unbalanced team and it’s obvious, roster management is an issue. I like Jan’s but this chit is obvious. Let’s hope he gets it figured out for next year I’m sure he will. I like our length and scrappiness but we need some shooters....
It’s unbalanced because those 2 didn’t pan out. Tennessee and Alabama each brought in white dudes from tiny *** schools up north and they are balling out. If Taylor was doing half of what they are and if Fort was even close to what he showed in first game we would be just fine and roster would be balanced.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Jans deserves all types of criticism with the way he's coached this team this year. Until he changes his offensive sets/ philosophy shooters aren't going to help that much. Dude needs to get with the times or go back to mid major
You need an offense that screens and moves without the ball, that s right. However if you can’t shoot outside of 12 feet all of that is pretty limited.

I’m assuming when Jan’s gets some SGs and wings that can shoot, he will have an offense with spacing, movement and screens.

Oct 20, 2022
It’s unbalanced because those 2 didn’t pan out. Tennessee and Alabama each brought in white dudes from tiny *** schools up north and they are balling out. If Taylor was doing half of what they are and if Fort was even close to what he showed in first game we would be just fine and roster would be balanced.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
If it didn’t work, it absolutely means he didn’t do it well enough.
Other guy said he didn’t bring anyone in. I was pointing out that he in fact did. That it hasn’t worked out is definitely on Jans but to say he didn’t bring any scorers in is inaccurate.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Agree those kind of players are very easily obtained, that’s what I’m saying. You can find shooters. Premium is on long frontcojrt players. This is a pretty easy fix assuming Jan’s has n offensive system to utilize them.

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Agree those kind of players are very easily obtained, that’s what I’m saying. You can find shooters. Premium is on long frontcojrt players. This is a pretty easy fix assuming Jan’s has n offensive system to utilize them.
What you were saying was that he didn’t attempt to bring any scorers in

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
What you were saying was that he didn’t attempt to bring any scorers in
Looking at our roster, we don’t have any shooters. He did not address a glaring weakness. We have front court players, we can defend inside, we have length, but we are extremely unbalanced. If we had a SG and a wing that could shoot treys, we’d be a really good team.

Right now we are very easy to defend and can’t get back in the game if we are down 10. If there was no 3 point line we’d be a lot more effective.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Tolu Smith - 23 points

8 - 14 from the field
7 - 13 from the FT line

I know it won't change the game tonight, but that's almost "Hack A Shack" numbers.

If he was a decent free-throw shooter, we could expect probably 30 points a game.

It really doesn't matter matter to not since two of our players are in the locker room with injuries but my God... I have no idea his free-throw shooting was that bad.

He may not be our biggest problem, but he is not our smallest problem.

Last edited:

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
The entire fanbase is nothing but a bunch of inbreed tards
Tonight Show Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
His style of play is not going to attract a bevy of scorers. Hubbard is the exception.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
No he didn’t do it and it’s on him, anyone could see the team was unbalanced and needed shooters. And no it’s not hard to find pull up,shooters in the juco ranks or g5. Not great all around players but shooters. You’re wrong.
We need more than another shooter, We need a scorer. Taylor was a shooter and look how that turned out. We need a guy that can shoot and is a slasher and can take you off the dribble when the outside shot isn't falling.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We need more than another shooter, We need a scorer. Taylor was a shooter and look how that turned out. We need a guy that can shoot and is a slasher and can take you off the dribble when the outside shot isn't falling.
A scorer who is a slasher will run into tough sledding if the defense can pack it in due to no outside shooting threat. Outside shooting threats spread the floor to open up the defense.

That’s what the team needs, not to mention the 3 point line where a 33% shot = a 50% shooter from inside the arc.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Alabama barely shot 30 percent from 3. If they would have shot their season average, they would have gotten 115 or so.

also this is another game where Tulo got those counting stats that were worthless. Scores 20 plus but not good imo in any other area, not to mention awful at the line and missing bunnies at the rim didn’t help

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Alabama barely shot 30 percent from 3. If they would have shot their season average, they would have gotten 115 or so.

also this is another game where Tulo got those counting stats that were worthless. Scores 20 plus but not good imo in any other area, not to mention awful at the line and missing bunnies at the rim didn’t help
He’d score 2pts and then give up 8 three pointers and 12 offensive rebounds. And the board only sees the points.
He’s a lazy player. Stands around watching. He’s not in good shape. He makes the whole program look bad. The sooner you send him packing the better off we will be. He didn’t get better. He got fatter and lazier and he never was any good to begin with.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Bama realized after the first game that there was absolutely no reason to double team Tolu at any point.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login