Bama vs. Vandy football budgets (in Millions of dollars)

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
1728309036478.png

However, apparently spending $300M in a stadium rennovation and $5M on NIL can get you a win over a team with 4x your talent level.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm trying to make sense of that Vandy/Bama game. I think it is a matter off ...

Vandy has 17 players off last years roster, starting. Plus they obviously picked up some good transfers, QB being the best. Vandy is better this year than their typical team. Plus Vandy has a good coach.

Judging by the antics of Bama's players, Deboer may be a bit to much of a "players coach". He obviously didn't prepare Bama to over come a hangover post UGA win and get them ready for a good opponent. I think Deboer and players total dismissed Vandy.

With that said, Everyone is on the Vandy bandwagon today. However they did lose to Georgia State. Let's see what Vandy does the rest of the year.

Reactions: onewoof

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Judging by the antics of Bama's players, Deboer may be a bit to much of a "players coach". He obviously didn't prepare Bama to over come a hangover post UGA win and get them ready for a good opponent. I think Deboer and players total dismissed Vandy.
I heard a former Saban assistant say that after big wins like the Georgia game, the next week of practice was the hardest of the season.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm trying to make sense of that Vandy/Bama game. I think it is a matter off ...

Vandy has 17 players off last years roster, starting. Plus they obviously picked up some good transfers, QB being the best. Vandy is better this year than their typical team. Plus Vandy has a good coach.

With that said, Everyone is on the Vandy bandwagon today. However they did lose to Georgia State. Let's see what Vandy does the rest of the year.
Excellent summary. Saban would have yelled and dressed down his assistant coaches last week during practices and mid game to the point of dog cussing their mommas. That is how they got results previously.Deboer may be both a players coach and assistant coaches coach. There's no secret that Saban was a miserable SOB to assistant coaches to get the results he wanted.

But I'm still shocked that Bama was the most out of position on defense that I can recall. It's almost like they said there's no need to film the Vandy practices.. IT'S VANDY. lol

But the clear difference maker was Pavia. That young man was fearless and solid.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login