Banana man could not contain himself

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I just hope he is okay. On the ESPN TV broadcast

if you slow it down, as he is willingly walking off the court after being informed there was still 0.01 on the clock. When he made it off, he was grabbed by the shoulders. It looked like he jerked him pretty hard for no reason. You can see his neck whip lash in the video.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Basically nobody else ran onto the court besides the single banana kid. Arresting him seems excessive, but he was also out there by himself so its not like it can be claimed they were unreasonable to him and ignored others.

I do hope he is allowed to still come to games. The banana guys have been staples at MBB games and are easily some of the most dedicated student fans we have. Make him write a 2 page paper on why storming the court is bad and cite 5 sources. Then everyone can move on.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

if you slow it down, as he is willingly walking off the court after being informed there was still 0.01 on the clock. When he made it off, he was grabbed by the shoulders. It looked like he jerked him pretty hard for no reason. You can see his neck whip lash in the video.

That cop probably got a hard on when he did that and got a chance to slap the cuffs on the guy.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

Whip lash? Seriously?

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012

Nothing to see here... You obviously were never snached up by the arm and run in circles while getting a whipping.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Could there have been a technical foul called on State?
Yes there could have been. I’ve seen it called before when fans or bench players rush the court early. But it’s an administrative technical foul and the other team will only get one free throw. Since it was a five point game with 0.1 seconds left, it would’ve been completely pointless to call a tech, so the refs used some common sense.

ETA: Doing my Google search on the subject, I found there was a game in 2017 between VCU and St. Bonaventure where a SB player hit a 3-pointer with 0.4 seconds left to give them a 66-65 lead. The fans rushed the court thinking the game was over. Refs called a tech, VCU hit its free throw to tie the game and then VCU went on to win in OT. Talk about a tough way to lose a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: GloryDawg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Look, you cannot storm the court, especially when the game is still going on, BUT........... arrested for that? Come on.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Y'all do know the SEC rules on that have been stiffened right? As Barney says, got to nip it in the bud.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

2 things...you cannot have a banana peel on the court for people to slip on, and that one foul looked a whole lot like the non foul from the women's natty.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
He got out on appeal.

Goddamn you.

citizen kane applause GIF

• Haha
Reactions: paindonthurt

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Yes there could have been. I’ve seen it called before when fans or bench players rush the court early. But it’s an administrative technical foul and the other team will only get one free throw. Since it was a five point game with 0.1 seconds left, it would’ve been completely pointless to call a tech, so the refs used some common sense.

ETA: Doing my Google search on the subject, I found there was a game in 2017 between VCU and St. Bonaventure where a SB player hit a 3-pointer with 0.4 seconds left to give them a 66-65 lead. The fans rushed the court thinking the game was over. Refs called a tech, VCU hit its free throw to tie the game and then VCU went on to win in OT. Talk about a tough way to lose a game.

I’ve seen something like it called in a dang U12 girls basketball game. Team A makes a tying shot with 1 second left, her teammates run on the court and hug her. Ref called a tech, other team got free throws and the ball. Made the free throws, game over.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login