Baseball America projected field

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
Sorry, don’t know how to embed on my phone. Dawgs are never mentioned. Anywhere. We are still the reigning National Champs. Just keep reminding yourself. Now let’s sweep Auburn and knock them off a host site.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2022-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64-41322/

Fifth paragraph:

[FONT=&quot]Notably, Mississippi State, the 2021 national champion, is out of these projections after getting swept last weekend at home by Louisiana State and falling to 4-8 in SEC play. There's still time for the Bulldogs to bounce back, but they'll need 10 more conference wins over the next six weeks (plus the SEC Tournament).[/FONT]

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
He saw a dash instead of an ampersand and said **** it. Not reading anymore.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Fifth paragraph:

[FONT=&quot]Notably, Mississippi State, the 2021 national champion, is out of these projections after getting swept last weekend at home by Louisiana State and falling to 4-8 in SEC play. There's still time for the Bulldogs to bounce back, but they'll need 10 more conference wins over the next six weeks (plus the SEC Tournament).[/FONT]

That’s probably correct but I don’t think it’s out of the question at all.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
There is no chance in hell we get to 14 SEC wins. 10-5 the rest of the way? Minus the guaranteed Tennessee sweep. No way in hell.

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
There is no chance in hell we get to 14 SEC wins. 10-5 the rest of the way? Minus the guaranteed Tennessee sweep. No way in hell.

We have 18 SEC games left, so we would have to go 10-8 the rest of the way. Not likely, but definitely within the realm of possibility.

ETA: Never mind, I re-read your post and I see that you are counting the TN series in that total. My bad.

Last edited:

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
I'm so conditioned to look forward to and enjoy MSU baseball. It's not easy this year and it's likely harder for the players and coaches. Teams have down years. I've seen a bunch of those in football. I just hope this is just one down year and we get back to normal next year.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019

We are far from out of regionals. Cardiac DaWgs will take care of these fair weather fans. Can’t count us out just yet

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I think we've seen other school invest heavily in baseball over the last few years. Couple that with Texas and Oklahoma joining the fray and the future is going to make us get better or else!

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
That LSU series wasn’t make or break for this team but it was close to it - we had to get at least 1 but that Friday game just broke us.

I hate to concede games but we should essentially throw the Friday game and have Preston and Cade start Sat and Sunday with Smith, Auger, Fristoe and Hunt available from the pen.

Throw Stinnett on Friday and hope he has his A game or throw Pico or Jack to get hard experience.

We’ve got to play to get 2 in a lot of these series the rest of the way and that’s our best shot to do it in my opinion

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think you're right on both counts. It was always going to be a little borderline if this team was going to make a regional when Sims went down. But losing 2 games we should have won last weekend was a pretty big nail in the coffin. I don't think we have any choice but to sacrifice game 1 and try to win 2 and 3 from here out. We're 1-3 in Game 1, with only an extra inning win vs Alabama and we don't have much pitching depth. No need to waste one of the good pitchers in a game we're probably not going to win anyway.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
I think you're right on both counts. It was always going to be a little borderline if this team was going to make a regional when Sims went down. But losing 2 games we should have won last weekend was a pretty big nail in the coffin. I don't think we have any choice but to sacrifice game 1 and try to win 2 and 3 from here out. We're 1-3 in Game 1, with only an extra inning win vs Alabama and we don't have much pitching depth. No need to waste one of the good pitchers in a game we're probably not going to win anyway.

I’m glad the folks in the baseball program are more competitive than you.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login