Baseball De-emphasized

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
The BCS isn't a 64 team tournament either. We could beat our chests about getting in if it was. You've got basically a .500 team playing in a super this year, so spare me all that talk.
And that .500 team still has a chance to win a national title. Look at Fresno State several years ago, Ole Miss two years ago etc. An 8-12 college football playoff team isn’t going to stand a chance at a NC.

Reactions: Maroon13

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Scared to compete? Do you think this is 7th grade and we're afraid to go to practice because it might hurt?

17 me... Why did Jeanspage have to fold and bring the panty-waste (no not waist, I'm talking about the discharge) to this board?

Here's a simple fact. We are the poorest school in the conference. With the poorest alumni/donor base. You can squeeze the shìt out of the turnip all you want, but it ain't gonna give you a pot of gold. The little resources it takes to make baseball competitive won't move the needle in football long term, but pulling it for a few years from baseball will be devastating.

We need a football coach that identifies undeveloped talent or runs a unique scheme that gives us an edge nobody else is working. We aren't going to win the money game. Get that through your thick, soft skulls rubes.

Nobody is saying defund football, hell they get the lion's share and should. I love football. Makes my dìck so hard the cat can't scratch it. By all means give more if you can... but mother17er baseball is America. Mississippi State Baseball is a big fat stiff eagle còck holding up the walls of collegiate baseball and in a way, America itself. We get 60+ games a year to root on our team, in a sport most of us grew up playing and still love. A vote to defund Mississippi State baseball, is a vote to defund America... You want to defund America you commie summabìtch? Are you Rebel scum? Eat a dìck. Wear a braided leather belt. Dress like a 58 year old lesbian. Go back to Jeanspage.

Jason Derulo Performance GIF by NBC

Reactions: M R DAWGS

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
And that .500 team still has a chance to win a national title. Look at Fresno State several years ago, Ole Miss two years ago etc. An 8-12 college football playoff team isn’t going to stand a chance at a NC.
Imagine now if our .500+ football teams got into a 64 team playoff. They could win a couple games if they got better late in the year too. Would be a big difference in perception of that program.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Making a regional in baseball is wasaaaay easier than making the playoffs in football. And our fans believe this year was a success simply making the playoffs and winning a couple games against St Johns. Basketball fans felt similar about making that 64 team playoff. How many regionals would baseball make if it were a 4 team playoff? 8 team playoff? Even a 16 team playoff? Really cuts into that number.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ok sure I'm for it, but that means probably an additional $25 million a year beyond current contributions, between NIL, salaries, and facilities. Where's that coming from? That's an additional 25 grand from each of our top 1000 givers. Or finding an additional 25,000 people to give $1000 each (beyond tickets/BC).

Gotta tell you, I don't see it. And that really sucks.
I don't really disagree with you. But that's part of our athletic director's job.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We never had a coach with an offensive scheme like this. Why don't we wait and see?

We've already had coaches fall on their faces here, so what's the difference?

Reactions: tbaydog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Never seen a “fan” rooting so hard for a football program to fail. Bizarre behavior.
I’m not rooting for anything, the writing is on the wall. 3-4 wins this year and I don’t see it changing given the NIL/transfer portal era. 6-6 in the future will be a good year. basketball and baseball don’t have this ceiling.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I’m not rooting for anything, the writing is on the wall. 3-4 wins this year and I don’t see it changing given the NIL/transfer portal era. 6-6 in the future will be a good year. basketball and baseball don’t have this ceiling.
Noted. I guess we’ll see

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Does anyone know what it cost to have a rig? It was floated that the prices was going up a massive percentage, like 2000 to 3000 more than what it currently is, which Selmon didn't shoot down so prepare to have corporate owned rigs that are empty most of the year or full of opposing fans
Right now I believe it's either $2000 or $2500/season.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
100% calling ******** on this. No one, and I mean NO ONE with 3,100 posts in less than two years on college sports message board feels this way.
That’s fine. Got way more posts than that in the 20 preceding years before NIL. Force of habit, I guess.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He’s a poor ol stater. He thinks we can’t afford a pocket knife

In the era of nil/transfer portal we are poor. Wake up and smell the coffee. this applies to football only. Basketball and baseball can compete in this environment.

patdog

May 28, 2007
In the era of nil/transfer portal we are poor. Wake up and smell the coffee. this applies to football only. Basketball and baseball can compete in this environment.
We’re no richer or poorer than we’ve always been. Nationally, well above average. SEC, well below. With the new NCAA settlement, we should slightly improve on that.

Reactions: Maroon13

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
We have lost only two players in football due to NIl. One went to UGA the other went to LSU for less money than we offered. We signed the best center in the portal, singed one of the top LTs in the portal. Pro football focus states our RB and one of our WR from the portal are some of the top players going into 2024…Maybe it’s you that needs to wake up and see the reality is we can compete in football

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We’re no richer or poorer than we’ve always been. Nationally, well above average. SEC, well below. With the new NCAA settlement, we should slightly improve on that.
Wealth 20 years ago is operating under a whole new set of rules with NIL and the transfer portal isn’t it ? If you do find a good player below the radar, you probably aren’t going to be able to keep him in this environment.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We have lost only two players in football due to NIl. One went to UGA the other went to LSU for less money than we offered. We signed the best center in the portal, singed one of the top LTs in the portal. Pro football focus states our RB and one of our WR from the portal are some of the top players going into 2024…Maybe it’s you that needs to wake up and see the reality is we can compete in football
And will be fortunate not to go 0-8 in the sec this year.

Reactions: patdog

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Scared to compete? Do you think this is 7th grade and we're afraid to go to practice because it might hurt?

17 me... Why did Jeanspage have to fold and bring the panty-waste (no not waist, I'm talking about the discharge) to this board?

Here's a simple fact. We are the poorest school in the conference. With the poorest alumni/donor base. You can squeeze the shìt out of the turnip all you want, but it ain't gonna give you a pot of gold. The little resources it takes to make baseball competitive won't move the needle in football long term, but pulling it for a few years from baseball will be devastating.

We need a football coach that identifies undeveloped talent or runs a unique scheme that gives us an edge nobody else is working. We aren't going to win the money game. Get that through your thick, soft skulls rubes.

Nobody is saying defund football, hell they get the lion's share and should. I love football. Makes my dìck so hard the cat can't scratch it. By all means give more if you can... but mother17er baseball is America. Mississippi State Baseball is a big fat stiff eagle còck holding up the walls of collegiate baseball and in a way, America itself. We get 60+ games a year to root on our team, in a sport most of us grew up playing and still love. A vote to defund Mississippi State baseball, is a vote to defund America... You want to defund America you commie summabìtch? Are you Rebel scum? Eat a dìck. Wear a braided leather belt. Dress like a 58 year old lesbian. Go back to Jeanspage.
hell-yeah-thats-what-im-talking-about.gif

Reactions: 17itdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’m more making fun of Joe Moorhead, who all our fans thought would be some wizard.

But since you asked me to name one - uh, Mike Leach.
I'm not even going to go down that road; it will take this thread in a whole other direction. All I will say is that we did not have the personnel he wanted when he got here and we did not have the person we wanted when he left unexpectedly.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not even going to go down that road; it will take this thread in a whole other direction. All I will say is that we did not have the personnel he wanted when he got here and we did not have the person we wanted when he left unexpectedly.
So, getting back to Lebby - regarding that second part, what makes you think we won’t turn on him too? And then considering that most of our fans thought Moorhead was a great hire at first too - maybe the problem is……us???

We don’t have any clue what we want.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So, getting back to Lebby - regarding that second part, what makes you think we won’t turn on him too? And then considering that most of our fans thought Moorhead was a great hire at first too - maybe the problem is……us???
Primarily, I think that he's looking for a different kind of quarterback. That's the main difference between the two. And he's looking more for his offense than just to be a passing machine.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

We don’t have any clue what we want.
Most of our fans had no idea who Morehead even was. They had to look him up to even make a decision.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
For me personally, I’m de-emphasizing college sports in general. The current climate just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Once you take the collegiate nature of college sports away, we’re just left with… ****** pro sports.

I am devoting my time to coaching my kid’s youth baseball team, and for the first time in many years, I plan on doing some serious hunting and fishing. I have discretionary income, but I just don’t care enough about making some 18 year old kid, who’s a stranger to me, wealthy. Greed has ruined this.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The unfortunate damn truth. Why does our leadership do so much dumb s#!t?
There has to be more to the story. Has to be. Assuming Sarkisian really wanted the job, no way you fly down to Key West and chase Leach down to talk him into the job.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I don't really disagree with you. But that's part of our athletic director's job.
If Selmon is all he is built up to be by State fans, he will up our contributions and NIL. He has done a good job on raising prices on little things to squeeze the little man but lets see some big fish reeled in.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
And will be fortunate not to go 0-8 in the sec this year.
We will not go 0-8 in the SEC.. that abysmal coaching staff last year found a way to win 1 game. This coaching staff is light years ahead of the 23 staff especially on offense. Add to that this offensive roster is much more talented that the 23 team as well. My guess is that you think we have to score 60 a game to win cause we have no defense. Truth is we’re actually not going to be that bad defensively, we actually have some talent . Let’s not forget that OM had one of the worst defensive teams in 21 and 22 and still went to sugar bowl and Texas bowl. You don’t have to be great on defense to win games

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For me personally, I’m de-emphasizing college sports in general. The current climate just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Once you take the collegiate nature of college sports away, we’re just left with… ****** pro sports.

I am devoting my time to coaching my kid’s youth baseball team, and for the first time in many years, I plan on doing some serious hunting and fishing. I have discretionary income, but I just don’t care enough about making some 18 year old kid, who’s a stranger to me, wealthy. Greed has ruined this.
You said it perfectly. And combined with my school/program not knowing what’s best for it, and on top of that…actively moving away from what’s best.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
You said it perfectly. And combined with my school/program not knowing what’s best for it, and on top of that…actively moving away from what’s best.
What are we moving away from? You have said this but I don’t understand it