Battle of HWY 82 Game Thread

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
we suck again GIF

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am interested to see if Bama gets these calls for late hits on Bryce when they play somebody other than us the rest of the way out this season.

I know they have to make up for last week but this is ridiculous.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why didn't we get to kick the extra point? Wouldn't that have effects on bets?
If you score with no time left, the extra point isn’t attempted unless the game is within two points, because then theoretically the defense could block the PAT and run it back for two points.

Reactions: Dawgpile

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m really not too upset tbh. We did some stupid things and dropped some balls that might’ve changed the game. Defense fought hard and it was nice to score a touchdown right at the end. Tied them 6-6 in the second half. Bye week at a good time and let’s go kick Auburn’s a s s

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Still, We have been continually screwed by the refs. Tell they have only committed one penalty, with a straight face.
Can't do it.
The fact remains when you are getting beat like that it ain't the officials fault. I've been on the other side of this many times on another level. We just laugh at it there.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
The fact remains when you are getting beat like that it ain't the officials fault. I've been on the other side of this many times on another level. We just laugh at it there.
Why don't you shut your damn mouth, and let me wallow in my pity?
LOL!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
As far as I know, there have always been limitations to what is/isn't allowed in terms of contact.
Adjusting rules to improve safety while still allowing contact should be universally praised.
If you change a rule and it impacts 2% of plays while significantly reducing the chances for head injuries, that seems like an obvious positive.

TIL that isn't an obvious positive. Let's have em go play without pads and helmets too!
The problem with this rule is that it has turned perfectly legitimate plays, where the defender could do nothing else except to pull up and allow the offensive player to progress towards his goal, into major ejection level fouls. It's BS and has altered the character of the game. Football is a violent game by definition. There is a implied risk when you step on the field.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The problem with this rule is that it has turned perfectly legitimate plays, where the defender could do nothing else except to pull up and allow the offensive player to progress towards his goal, into major ejection level fouls. It's BS and has altered the character of the game. Football is a violent game by definition. There is a implied risk when you step on the field.

Yes it has changed how defenders sometimes play.
And yes there are examples of a defender being hit with targeting due to the player on offense changing position at the last minute.

And yet it is, in my opinion, better to have the rule than not have it. I have no issue with rules that exist to reduce serious head injuries.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
I can’t stand when the refs become part of the show. Especially when they protect Alabama every possibility they can. If I had to hear protect Bryce Young one more time! He’s not special, and shouldn’t be protected. Honestly couldn’t care less about his career when MSU is trying to win a football game so STFU. If he gets hurt while our guy pushes him down 2 seconds after he releases the ball… well don’t play damn football. They weren’t saying the same thing or even looking for it when Rodgers was getting hit lol.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why don't you go to sleep.
Take the whipping and move on. If you thought we had a snowball's chance at this one I have some beach front land in the Tombigbee Valley I want to sell you, sight unseen of course.
Yes it has changed how defenders sometimes play.
And yes there are examples of a defender being hit with targeting due to the player on offense changing position at the last minute.

And yet it is, in my opinion, better to have the rule than not have it. I have no issue with rules that exist to reduce serious head injuries.
And it's absolutely ruining football. Football is a violent game by definition. You assume an inherent risk when you step on that field. It is NOT, and NEVER will be, a "SAFE" game. I'm 58 and I still have a knee that hurts and swells up occasionally from something that happened in the last practice I was ever involved in. That isn't a head injury obviously, but the risk is the same. I accepted that risk back then, and it is what it is, an old football injury. S#*t happens. We didn't win a single game that year... It was still fun, and I still consider it to be so.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login