Beaver Stadium $25 million donation (Edited to add another 10 million) (Edited again for another 10 million)

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Will the Lubert Family Welcome Center welcome people who smell like us? Are we the right kind of people?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Would be nice for someone in the position to donate 10 million to use their naming rights to change the address of the stadium to "409 Paterno Way".....

Quite the dilemma that would be in the halls of Old Main.

Last edited:

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Re: removal of the troughs…at least the men’s room directly inside gate A (best place to go if ya gotta go) they replaced the porcelain troughs with stainless steel ones. Not sure about the others. I hit the port-a-John's in the NE deck now.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Another $5mm gift since @PSUJam is asleep.....

Very generous. From other posts I was under the impression fund raising would be in the toilet since the "old guard" whales were pouting. Maybe their influence isn't what some think it is.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Another $5mm gift since @PSUJam is asleep.....

A company PSU signed a 15 year contract with donating $5M for the stadium? Certainly no potential for conflicts of interest in these transactions at all! This is an odd one to announce publicly.

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Very generous. From other posts I was under the impression fund raising would be in the toilet since the "old guard" whales were pouting. Maybe their influence isn't what some think it is.
Did you read the announcement?

"a new $5 million donation from Berwyn, Pa., based sports media, marketing and technology company PlayFly Sports. If the name of that business sounds familiar, it’s because it entered into a 15-year multimedia rights agreement with the university in January of 2023."

Someone smarter than me want to tell me how this accounting works? ****, should just have sold our rights to ourselves and saved ourselves the middleman amirite?

Reactions: Bison13

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Did you read the announcement?

"a new $5 million donation from Berwyn, Pa., based sports media, marketing and technology company PlayFly Sports. If the name of that business sounds familiar, it’s because it entered into a 15-year multimedia rights agreement with the university in January of 2023."

Someone smarter than me want to tell me how this accounting works? ****, should just have sold our rights to ourselves and saved ourselves the middleman amirite?
I read the announcement. The source of the donation doesn’t matter. The money spends the same and is separate from multimedia deal.

Last edited:

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
I read the announcement. Did you read my post? The source of the donation doesn’t matter. The money spends the same.
Is it a donation or did PlayFly just gross up its fee and kick back $5mm to PSU, like that's never happened anywhere else.?Perhaps there is a reason that PSU switched horses from the biggest in the business to a relative newbie.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
A company PSU signed a 15 year contract with donating $5M for the stadium? Certainly no potential for conflicts of interest in these transactions at all! This is an odd one to announce publicly.
There's a reason I didn't post this one. 😉

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
I read the announcement. The source of the donation doesn’t matter. The money spends the same and is separate from multimedia deal.
This creates an immediate perception that PSU potentially could have awarded a contract to this company in exchange for a $5M "donation." It took my brain approximately 10 seconds to make that connection. I believe such an agreement would be illegal. Even if everything in both transactions was 100% legit, it creates a perception of possible handshake agreements. I am stunned they made this donation public, that seems like a really stupid decision. If you're going to accept their money, which probably is questionable to begin with based on perception alone, then at least announce it as an anonymous gift.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
This creates an immediate perception that PSU potentially could have awarded a contract to this company in exchange for a $5M "donation." It took my brain approximately 10 seconds to make that connection. I believe such an agreement would be illegal. Even if everything in both transactions was 100% legit, it creates a perception of possible handshake agreements. I am stunned they made this donation public, that seems like a really stupid decision. If you're going to accept their money, which probably is questionable to begin with based on perception alone, then at least announce it as an anonymous gift.
Sure doesn't help perceptions when certain elements of the BoT withhold scrutiny of the contact from other members.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Is it a donation or did PlayFly just gross up its fee and kick back $5mm to PSU, like that's never happened anywhere else.?Perhaps there is a reason that PSU switched horses from the biggest in the business to a relative newbie.

Suddenly, last year's Pepsi contract extension seems like a missed opportunity shakedown.

Reactions: Sharkies
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login