Best football player you have ever seen?

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
#92 Reggie White
Reggie White and Ronnie Heller used to get into crazy practice/locker room fights in Philly. Golic recalled Heller waiting for White, nude, in the shower w/ his fists up ready to go one summer day.

pendal1

Sep 1, 2024
Reggie White and Ronnie Heller used to get into crazy practice/locker room fights in Philly. Golic recalled Heller waiting for White, nude, in the shower w/ his fists up ready to go one summer day.
I thought Heller was fighting with Jerome Brown.

Reactions: MtNittany

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Here’s a guy who was taken way too soon, but man did he burn brightly for a few seasons.

IrishHerb

Oct 13, 2021
This thread on "best football player you've seen" has mentions of mostly QBs, RBs, receivers, and a few defense players. Players where statistics are available. What about the OL ... there are really no stats for them, except maybe the number of pancakes. This is one unit on a FB team that really plays and operates as a team and in my opinion an important part of any team's offense ... as Vince Lombardi said "it takes a special kind of man to play the OL, without them there is no glory for the backs and receivers, but the band never plays for them, I know ... " then goes on to name those on his Packers OL "Skoronski, Thurston, Kramer, Gillingham and Gregg ... they were all talented, but their greatness was as a whole, one single driving force that proved itself in so many winning games".

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
This thread on "best football player you've seen" has mentions of mostly QBs, RBs, receivers, and a few defense players. Players where statistics are available. What about the OL ... there are really no stats for them, except maybe the number of pancakes. This is one unit on a FB team that really plays and operates as a team and in my opinion an important part of any team's offense ... as Vince Lombardi said "it takes a special kind of man to play the OL, without them there is no glory for the backs and receivers, but the band never plays for them, I know ... " then goes on to name those on his Packers OL "Skoronski, Thurston, Kramer, Gillingham and Gregg ... they were all talented, but their greatness was as a whole, one single driving force that proved itself in so many winning games".
Spoken like a true OG. As he has said on this board, Herb was coached by Gary Klingensmith, just saying.

Reactions: IrishHerb

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Anthony Munoz. Was the best I've ever seen.

Reactions: LionJim

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
O.J. Simpson, Dan Marino, and Lawrence Taylor were without a doubt the best NFL players I have seen.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
If it is OL, allow me to present to you Mr. Conrad Dobler
1729553107007.png

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Herschel Walker was the tops and a man playing anmongst boys even as a freshman. Rocket Ismail is the most dangerous player I’ve ever seen, though.

IrishHerb

Oct 13, 2021
Spoken like a true OG. As he has said on this board, Herb was coached by Gary Klingensmith, just saying.
Gary, a PSU RB in the early 1960s was a good college coach. Unfortunately he didn't have the players and didn't get along well with the AD (who was also a PSU alum), so left after 3 years (I played under him during my JR and SR years and helped with the coaching while in grad school). I understand he was quite successful at Juniata HS in Mifflintown, PA.

udsig91

Nov 2, 2021
Have a friend who coached basketball at Auburn. He asked me to show some boosters a good time when they came north for the Kickoff Classic. I can't remember if it was 1982,3 or 4. Anyway I took them on a tour of West Point and arranged a nice dinner for them. When I took them back to their hotel they insisted that I meet " their boy" Bo. The words made me uncomfortable, but they were in their own way sincere in their love for young Bo.No one knew who Bo Jackson was yet. He was a very nice young man and I've never seen a physical specimen like Bo. He was kind enough to send me 3 or 4 autographed cards that were distributed weekly by the SID during his Heisman year. I was still coaching and on each card was a message congratulating me on a recent win. Pretty cool.
He his the biggest freak athlete I’ve ever seen…if not for his hip…I believe he would be in the hall of fame in two sports.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
For some reason, I've spent a bit of time thinking about this lately, and could not narrow it down to one- so I'll name two.

Jim Brown and Randy Moss
Red Grange

but he was just coming up so not the Red Grange yet that we all knew and loved

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login