Best Surprise Ending to a movie

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Football season is over and things are slow. I hope this isn’t Germans.

One of my favorite kinds of movies are ones with surprise endings that you didn’t see coming. Just list the name of the movie without giving away the surprise so you don’t spoil it for anybody who may not have seen it.

I’ll go first with some of the obvious ones, ones that I really didn’t see coming:

1. Fight Club
2. The Usual Suspects
3. The Sixth Sense

I could name several more but I’m looking forward to recommendations for ones that I haven’t seen.

Go

Reactions: She Mate Me

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

and

Sleepaway Camp

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Sixth Sense.

Nothing else really close for me.

I completely missed it, and these days that's nearly impossible because I read too much about a movie before watching it.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
My new favorite comic. Going to see him tonight in Jackson.

As far as surprise endings go, Primal Fear and Shutter Island

He is so funny. Had no idea he was in Jackson.

You know a guy is talented when you don't even realize he's completely clean and still making you laugh your *** off.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
These are some good suggestions. I’ve probably seen about half of the ones mentioned so far but a few have been listed that I’d never even heard of so I’m going to look them up.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
The Empire Strikes Back...

It blew my mind as a kid. The good guys really didn't win. They were betrayed by a friend who was under duress. A chick took the reins and avoided total disaster. While not dead.. the loveable anti-hero suffers a terrible fate. The usually-safe goofy side kick gets torn apart and put back together. Luke found out something terrible and suffered a life-altering injury.. and yet still fought for the future.

All in the span of 15 minutes.

It's not really debatable.. ESB has the greatest ending in movie history regardless of criteria.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The Empire Strikes Back...

It blew my mind as a kid. The good guys really didn't win. They were betrayed by a friend who was under duress. A chick took the reins and avoided total disaster. While not dead.. the loveable anti-hero suffers a terrible fate. The usually-safe goofy side kick gets torn apart and put back together. Luke found out something terrible and suffered a life-altering injury.. and yet still fought for the future.

All in the span of 15 minutes.

It's not really debatable.. ESB has the greatest ending in movie history regardless of criteria.

So, uhmm...

The title didn't make you suspect anything??***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login