Best Thing About The NFL

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Competitive balance. There have been 11 games kickoff so far this week. 3 are blowouts. The other 8 have been tied or within 5 points in the 4th quarter. Through the 1st 4 weeks there were 64 games played. 50 of them were within 1 score at some point in the 4th quarter.

There were 20 games yesterday played by NCAA teams ranked in the AP top 25. Only 7 of them had a margin of victory less than 10 points. I'm hopeful that the coming era of two super conferences creates significantly greater tv/streaming revenue, thus more revenue sharing. Possibly even some sort of draft or nil salary cap. It could truly become a real alternative to the big money of the NFL.

ETA: The Bucs were up 21-0 when I started this post. Falcons have now comeback and it's 21-15 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th. So 9 out of 11 are within a score in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
There seems to be a lot of evidence that Professinal Sports benefited a lot due to salary caps in regards to T.V. viewership and fans in the stands. Coaching and Executive organizational skills having more of a say as to whose gonna win instead of teams with more money. The NCAA may need to take a look at that and make some decisions regarding NIL.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Competitive balance. There have been 11 games kickoff so far this week. 3 are blowouts. The other 8 have been tied or within 5 points in the 4th quarter. Through the 1st 4 weeks there were 64 games played. 50 of them were within 1 score at some point in the 4th quarter.

There were 20 games yesterday played by NCAA teams ranked in the AP top 25. Only 7 of them had a margin of victory less than 10 points. I'm hopeful that the coming era of two super conferences creates significantly greater tv/streaming revenue, thus more revenue sharing. Possibly even some sort of draft or nil salary cap. It could truly become a real alternative to the big money of the NFL.

ETA: The Bucs were up 21-0 when I started this post. Falcons have now comeback and it's 21-15 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th. So 9 out of 11 are within a score in the 4th quarter.
It’s like that because it’s scripted.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login