OT: Transmission repair

Treemydawg

Sep 29, 2013
My son is attending college at Hinds in Raymond and we believe his transmission went out last night. Could anyone recommend a trustworthy shop in the area ?

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
I took my Silverado to Ranco Transmission in Flowood to fix what two Chevy mechanics had told me was going to require a new transmission altogether and he drained the pan, refilled the fluid and charged me $250. That was in February and I've ridden over 15k miles since then with no problems whatsoever. If he can get to it for you, Id take it to him.

Reactions: eckie1

patdog

May 28, 2007
I took my Silverado to Ranco Transmission in Flowood to fix what two Chevy mechanics had told me was going to require a new transmission altogether and he drained the pan, refilled the fluid and charged me $250. That was in February and I've ridden over 15k miles since then with no problems whatsoever. If he can get to it for you, Id take it to him.
Same thing with a guy I work with and a Ford F-150. Thought he needed a new transmission. They drained and refilled the fluid and it's fine. You don't want to do a complete transmission fluid flush, but I'm thinking these lifetime transmission fluid with no drain and refill is a scam.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Mike’s transmission

Savanah Street @ I55 South.
he is very good and reasonable.
rebuilt the C4 in my old Ford and was very pleased

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
4 and a half hours...

It's been four and a half hours and none of you have made a tranny joke here. You disappoint me SPS.

Reactions: 17itdawg

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
My son is attending college at Hinds in Raymond and we believe his transmission went out last night. Could anyone recommend a trustworthy shop in the area ?
Furr Transmission on Ridgewood Road in Ridgeland across from Lowe's rebuilt the transmission on my 2002 Ford Explorer twice, and were great to deal with.

Also worth noting, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever purchase a 2002 Ford Explorer.

Reactions: eckie1

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Mike’s transmission

Savanah Street @ I55 South.
he is very good and reasonable.
rebuilt the C4 in my old Ford and was very pleased
Agreed. Mike's does great work. He once helped me put a "patch" on a transmission for a few months (a drain and refill as some have said here - but it won't last) until i could trade it and he once did a complete rebuild for me on anther vehicle.

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
I'm thinking these lifetime transmission fluid with no drain and refill is a scam.
Honestly I think it comes down to the ROI on work. Nobody wants to pay a tech - especially dealerships - to diagnose and repair an issue when for less time and higher profit margins they just replace the damn thing.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login