NCAA says no more national letters of intent...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Infinite Loop Looping GIF by CmdrKitten

patdog

May 28, 2007
They're just going to have them sign the athletic grant in aid and scholarship documents instead of the NLI document. No real change. Recruiting will still end when the documents are signed. Theoretically of course. Real world, that's just when transfer portal recruiting will start.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
They're just going to have them sign the athletic grant in aid and scholarship documents instead of the NLI document. No real change. Recruiting will still end when the documents are signed. Theoretically of course. Real world, that's just when transfer portal recruiting will start.
Agree but makes you wonder what will happen to the whole hat thing routine. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
The recruits are just like a referee. The less time you give them in front of a camera & microphone, the more they will focus on their job. Most of society craves "LOOK AT ME" time these days.

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
Agree but makes you wonder what will happen to the whole hat thing routine. :rolleyes:
The pageantry of recruiting will still exist and probably become even worse - I'm thinking Lebron taking his talents to Miami levels of absurdity. And instead of the NLI doc being signed when ESPN cuts into the signing ceremony on NSD, it'll just be the financial aid agreement.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fax machines suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

• Haha
Reactions: Fritz!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Commitment and nil meant nothing any more anyway.

like others have said revenue and deals tied to contacts. Include monetary value of the classes and scholarships into that for tuition. They get that plus money raised and appearances. Stop this pay for play funded by the fan ********. I already fund it listening to same damn commercial 100 times during a game

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fax machines suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
And we know exactly what that cry sounds like.
I'll still occasionally mix up dialing some business's phone/fax number and GD does that hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: vhdawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Go Saints! I’ve given up on college football. I would pick another loser to follow.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
And we know exactly what that cry sounds like.
I'll still occasionally mix up dialing some business's phone/fax number and GD does that hurt.
Last summer at Disneyland I had to try to find a fax machine because my daughter forgot her contacts and that was apparently the only way my kid's optometrist would send her contacts prescription so we could get her a way to see. I felt like Ted Lasso trying to send the divorce papers.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
When a player transfers from one school to another, perhaps multiple times, is the receiving school obligated to accept full academic transfer credit? If they are, how far back can academic credit go?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
When a player transfers from one school to another, perhaps multiple times, is the receiving school obligated to accept full academic transfer credit? If they are, how far back can academic credit go?
It depends on if the schools in question have an articulation agreement— in which case it means that a course offered at College A will be accepted for credit at College B.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login