Better stock up on beef now

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Bill Gates is getting more aggressive with his synthetic beef push. But, don’t worry, he says the plan is to make it taste even better than it currently does.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I definitely plan to heed Bill Gates' advice on, literally, every aspect of my life, including but not limited to what I put on my dinner plate. I mean, he's a multi-billionaire, so by definition, he has to be way smarter than me and have only my best interest in mind.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Really? Huh. That's encouraging.
My wife does not eat red meat, and thus, we've gone through most veggie burger varieties, e.g., Morningstar Farms, Boca, Lightlife, Dr. Prager's, Aldi's private label, Gardein, etc. The Impossible Burger is a cut above (pun somewhat intended) the aforementioned, but we find that we like Beyond Beef the best of them all presently on the market. Not quite major league, but the best AAA all-star team you can put together. Impossible Burger is like the AAA world series champ. Everyone else is average AA at best.

Jan 21, 2022
Bill Gates is getting more aggressive with his synthetic beef push. But, don’t worry, he says the plan is to make it taste even better than it currently does.

Give me beef or give me death!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I definitely plan to heed Bill Gates' advice on, literally, every aspect of my life, including but not limited to what I put on my dinner plate. I mean, he's a multi-billionaire, so by definition, he has to be way smarter than me and have only my best interest in mind.
I don’t know why anyone cares what he thinks about anything besides Microsoft programs . For some reason he’s treated as an expert on vaccines, global warming, world hunger and a host of other issues.

Game...Cocks

Joined Apr 17, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
I don’t know why anyone cares what he thinks about anything besides Microsoft programs . For some reason he’s treated as an expert on vaccines, global warming, world hunger and a host of other issues.
Because he started a foundation in 2000 to address many problems facing society and staffed it with experts who work on those issues and report their ideas and conclusions to him.

Similar to how Jimmy Carter became an authority on eradicating certain diseases and securing elections around the world after he was President.

The world has a lot of problems that won't be solved if profit is the only motive.

• Love
Reactions: LCD

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Money has a way of propelling idiots to the for front

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Because he started a foundation in 2000 to address many problems facing society and staffed it with experts who work on those issues and report their ideas and conclusions to him.

Similar to how Jimmy Carter became an authority on eradicating certain diseases and securing elections around the world after he was President.

The world has a lot of problems that won't be solved if profit is the only motive.
Experts…. Sure

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Nice reply. Way to go.
Well I mean, I can tout anyone to be an expert on anything. That doesn’t make it true. Bill gates is a brilliantly guy, I’m not ready to call his appointed people experts. It just don’t work that way. We can agreeably disagree about the word experts.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

lol, Jimmy Carter an expert?

Reactions: York cock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
He was a multibillionaire way before he ever came up with this $**t. Even Buffett has bought a few dogs in his time.

Reactions: York cock

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
IF scientists can make synthetic beef taste like real beef, but make it healthier, then count me in. IF...

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I still don't understand why some get into such a tizzy when subjects like this come up.
I hope some don't hurt themselves when the fall back on their fainting couch.

The only question for me is why Bill Gates is consistently referenced by the media as an authority on this topic and many others. He's just a person with an opinion. He's really just a grown-up Greta Thunberg.

Also, I think it's funny that he says rich countries need to eat synthetic beef while the poor countries should get real beef. Why not the other way around? If the synthetic stuff is so good, let's be kind and give it to the poorer countries.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
My wife does not eat red meat, and thus, we've gone through most veggie burger varieties, e.g., Morningstar Farms, Boca, Lightlife, Dr. Prager's, Aldi's private label, Gardein, etc. The Impossible Burger is a cut above (pun somewhat intended) the aforementioned, but we find that we like Beyond Beef the best of them all presently on the market. Not quite major league, but the best AAA all-star team you can put together. Impossible Burger is like the AAA world series champ. Everyone else is average AA at best.

I've never had any of those types of beef "surrogates". But, who knows? May be in my future I'll try it for myself.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
The only question for me is why Bill Gates is consistently referenced by the media as an authority on this topic and many others. He's just a person with an opinion. He's really just a grown-up Greta Thunberg.

Also, I think it's funny that he says rich countries need to eat synthetic beef while the poor countries should get real beef. Why not the other way around? If the synthetic stuff is so good, let's be kind and give it to the poorer countries.

This came up on the old board, and the one aspect I found annoying was Gates admitting that synthetic beef would basically be for the masses, and real beef would just be rarer, and more expensive. Meaning he would still be eating real meat, only the "little people" should eat the fake stuff.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I've never had any of those types of beef "surrogates". But, who knows? May be in my future I'll try it for myself.
I personally don't object to a beef burger now and again, but if find that Beyond Beef is easier on my digestive tract. For us, Beyond is worth the tradeoff.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
This came up on the old board, and the one aspect I found annoying was Gates admitting that synthetic beef would basically be for the masses, and real beef would just be rarer, and more expensive. Meaning he would still be eating real meat, only the "little people" should eat the fake stuff.

Well, that's typically how it goes, right? The elite lecture the masses about carbon emissions and the need to make sacrifices, while they live in mansions and fly private jets. They say to restrict gun rights while they have armed security.

I can't think of one elite who leads by example.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Surrogate is a good term. Perhaps the time you'll try it is when you are with someone who doesn't eat red meat and you're cooking burgers - make an extra for you to try.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I still have to have a steak, or real burger, every once in a while - it's just too good. But have always stayed away from red meat most weeks as it's just horrible for you.

I started using these substitutes years ago and they definitely get the job done and keep beef cravings away. For sure with the Gardein beef crumbles. You put that in pasta sauce or chili, and you'd never know the difference. Ever. Also does well in tacos. Plant based meatballs are also solid. The rest of the stuff (chicken, burgers, sausage) is good enough, but not an equal substitute. My health thanks me for it though.

Reactions: atl-cock

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
I remember the soy burgers at school. I also remember we didn't like them.
LOL. We didn't like any of the food they had then, except those square pizzas we got every Friday. I was shocked at the selections and quality of food that my daughters got in school.

The soy burgers stretched the meat so thinly to make them affordable in those days that it took a ton of other spices and ingredients to make them look like burgers. They definitely weren't that good.

Reactions: IOPGCock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Did the article say something about a mandate?
I don't think so. If I recall the previous time this was discussed, the objective was to drive the cost up of real meat to the point where people would then choose the fake meat.

So, not forced, but artificially steered that way?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I don't think so. If I recall the previous time this was discussed, the objective was to drive the cost up of real meat to the point where people would then choose the fake meat.

So, not forced, but artificially steered that way?

Well, Gates says we need to shift to 100% synthetic beef. 100%. The only way to get a nation of 300+ million people to use 100% synthetic beef would be to outlaw real beef.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Well, Gates says we need to shift to 100% synthetic beef. 100%. The only way to get a nation of 300+ million people to use 100% synthetic beef would be to outlaw real beef.
Perhaps, but y'all are reading something into his comments that I didn't. He even mentioned that it would be unpopular to give up beef and that US cattle produce less methane gases than there counterparts in Africa. Sounds as though he is hedging his bets that it would ever happen. Beef is a commodity...if prices go up, more people raise cattle. If prices go down, you have fewer cattle that go to market. I remember going with my grandfather to sell cattle and him figuring how much to sale or not to sale based on the price he could get. Not sure there is any way to change that.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login