Big week for former Southern Miss QB’s...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Austin Davis is the OC at Auburn.
Nick Mullens will start for the Browns.
Brett Favre made it through another week without an embarrassing story about sending a picture of his junk or embezzling state funds.
Great job guys!
#SMTTT

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
You got me with the Brett Favre line. But seriously, when is he gonna pay that money back? I’ve always heard about what a jerk he is, but the one time I met him he was a super nice guy. Could’ve been because I was with Scott Berry at the time.

Rooting hard for Nick Mullens tonight. I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten a chance to start somewhere. He’s looked pretty darn good in limited starts.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Yep. Austin and Bo were both big State fans growing up. Both ended up being really good ball players at USM too. Bo was drafted in baseball and at one time was the fastest white guy I’d ever seen. Austin had a 6 year NFL career and is coaching at a high level. We needed them more than y’all did anyway.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yep. Austin and Bo were both big State fans growing up. Both ended up being really good ball players at USM too. Bo was drafted in baseball and at one time was the fastest white guy I’d ever seen. Austin had a 6 year NFL career and is coaching at a high level. We needed them more than y’all did anyway.
So are they still State fans? Assuming they aren't playing USM? I would root for USM a lot more if I knew there wasn't a competition thing going on between the two. Same with Jackson State - all their fans are currently running their mouths (well, up until the Celebration Bowl lulzzz) about competing with State and Ole Miss, so I'm like OK knock yourselves out, no sense in giving you any support.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
They’re diehard USM, but yes, they root for State anytime State isn’t playing USM. I think a lot of USM fans are like that actually.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
They’re diehard USM, but yes, they root for State anytime State isn’t playing USM. I think a lot of USM fans are like that actually.
Hey 11thEagleFan do you drive a Jeep? I saw a mustard yellow Jeep with a black top and a Southern Mississippi Logo’d tire cover and wondered if it was you? I figured It was a 9.09% chance of it being you.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Mullens and family live across the street from my brother-sister-in law. I have not met him or his wife but they have many times and say they are so down to earth and great people. S-IL kinda helps out his wife with kids when he is gone.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

That viewpoint is close to blasphemy based on what I’ve seen posted on the Eaglepost Facebook group.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Mullens and family live across the street from my brother-sister-in law. I have not met him or his wife but they have many times and say they are so down to earth and great people. S-IL kinda helps out his wife with kids when he is gone.

That sounds like some sort of relationship only legal in West Virginia.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login