Biggest surprise of USC game

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
USC’s time management / lack of urgency in their final drive in regulation!
Lincoln Riley said that was intentional after they lost yards on a first down play. They didn't want to leave time on the clock for PSU. It's not a terrible idea once you're behind the sticks in that situation. Others will probably argue it shows a lack of confidence in your offense, your best unit, to win the game. Both arguments are valid and that situation was a tricky one, it think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Unless USC had scored I think fans criticize either decision in hindsight.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Lincoln Riley said that was intentional after they lost yards on a first down play. They didn't want to leave time on the clock for PSU. It's not a terrible idea once you're behind the sticks in that situation. Others will probably argue it shows a lack of confidence in your offense, your best unit, to win the game. Both arguments are valid and that situation was a tricky one, it think it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Unless USC had scored I think fans criticize either decision in hindsight.
I liked the decision…not a bad idea to make the worst case scenario OT after losing yards.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login