Bo Bounds reporting that CML Passed Away Last Night

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Swing your sword, Coach. Mississippi State is better because of your time here.

God bless the Leach family and this coaching staff and team.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
This freaking sucks. My heart goes out to his family, all the players, and the staff. It's all just so shocking.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Truly a 1 of 1. Hard to fathom that there will ever be another coach like him. Thankful he got to spend some time as our coach. Wish he could have had longer. Not that my opinion matters but he and Jackie are on my personal Mt. Rushmore of coaches at State. They chose to be here and they embraced what it means to be a Bulldog. RIP.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Didn't want to post at all during this. Don't want to post this now. This just sucks. I hate this for his family. Hate it for all of us. Hate it for just not having a Mike Leach in the world. RIP CML.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Rest in Peace, “Captain, oh, My Captain.” We will endeavor to live “play the next play” and “do your job” for the rest of our lives. Help us, Lord , as we grieve.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
May your sails be tight
Your cork be loose
Your rum be spiced
And your compass be true............
Strange brew needs to put that on the sign…

I also wonder if the stadium in Tampa will let those of us going to the bowl turn the pirate ship into a shrine (flowers, etc)…

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
So hard to hear what was expected. I told my sons that sometimes we fans don’t know what we have until it is gone. Same in real life. Coach Leach was a national coach, see all the comments from people around the country. I am going to try to remember this and apply in my own life.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login