Bo Nix to Moorhead’s Ducks.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If Oregon had hired Malzahn (which they should have), this would make sense. Both his transfer, and this move, are just puzzling. Unless he likes the PNW, which is understandable.

I'm just glad we don't have to play the guy next year.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I haven’t thought about this in a long time, so this could be outdated: I remember a few years ago a crazy fact that the last QB that signed with Ole Miss out of high school and finished their college career as the Ole Miss starting QB was Eli Manning. Did Matt Corral break that streak? Or am I forgetting someone before him?

ETA: Almost 20 years between Eli Manning and Corral. Amazing.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think that's as indicative as the nature of college sports as anything else. Highly competitive, win now, and players don't want to wait for their turn. We don't have that kind of streak, but we have a ton of QBs that have left along the way.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think that's as indicative as the nature of college sports as anything else. Highly competitive, win now, and players don't want to wait for their turn. We don't have that kind of streak, but we have a ton of QBs that have left along the way.
Yeah, not exactly a mark of shame anymore.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020

I agree that CFB has changed and players jumping around is more common, but how many other programs can only point to two high school QB signings since 1999 that finished their career as the starter at that school? Honest question.

ETA: This article doesn't address my exact point, but it shows that Ole Miss has relied on transfers more than most programs since Manning: https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/...quarterbacks-transfer-portal-college-football

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think it was Michael Spurlock, although he played RB his last game so you may call that a technicality.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I think they had a pretty long streak of transfer QBs before that was the norm though. Can't remember who all it was, but they had the guy that was kicked out of Oregon (Mazoli?), Jevan Snead, Bo Wallace, the Hawaiian dude, Jim Kelly's nephew, and maybe a few more that I'm forgetting. Really only two of those were transfers because of behavioral issues, Snead just got passed on the depth chart, and then they had a few JUCO QBs, so nothing really ridiculous except that they missed on basically all their high school QBs they signed over something like a decade.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login