Bowl projections

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I read that it's probably either Gator or Tampa depending on what South Carolina wants.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
The Athletic has moved us to the Music City Bowl. They are normally the best projectors.

No one wants Las Vegas - four days before signing day. Florida is the "fit" for that game. We'll see if they get their way. Kentucky doesnt want Liberty again or Music City (they play Louisville in hoops at same time).

This is a cluster 17. We're going to end up in Nashville because a 6-6 team doesn't want to interfere with a basketball game time. Should have beaten Kentucky, I guess.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
It’s Vegas v a Pac 12 opponent.
If true, we should raise holy hell. It's the worst of the Group of 6 games ($2.9 million payout). It's December 17, which puts us on the other side of the country four days before signing day. It's a cool stadium and UCLA is a decent opponent, but Vegas is a terrible bowl game for a 6-6 SEC team.

But if what I am hearing is true, it is not going to surprise me. We're going to get screwed.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
The Athletic has moved us to the Music City Bowl. They are normally the best projectors.

No one wants Las Vegas - four days before signing day. Florida is the "fit" for that game. We'll see if they get their way. Kentucky doesnt want Liberty again or Music City (they play Louisville in hoops at same time).

This is a cluster 17. We're going to end up in Nashville because a 6-6 team doesn't want to interfere with a basketball game time. Should have beaten Kentucky, I guess.
What would that have to do with us? If this happens our athletic department should be held accountable. They better not let them fricks up north get in a Florida bowl over us.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
What would that have to do with us? If this happens our athletic department should be held accountable. They better not let them fricks up north get in a Florida bowl over us.
Basically:

Missouri doesn’t want to play Kansas and the Liberty wants Kansas.

South Carolina doesn’t want to go to Tampa. Now that Notre Dame isn’t in play there they are bitching again.

Kentucky doesn’t want to play the Music City at the same time they have a big basketball game.

Florida thinks their **** doesn’t stink.

ole Miss doesn’t want to play Texas Tech or Oklahoma State in Houston.

no one wants to go to Las Vegas

Hearing this as a real possibility

South Carolina to Citrus
LSU to Tampa
Gator doesn’t want us again and wants Ole Miss.
Florida thinks they are too good for Vegas/Memphis and they have already been to Nashville this year so they get Texas
Arkansas gets Liberty
Missouri and Mississippi State for Music City/Vegas

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
If true, we should raise holy hell. It's the worst of the Group of 6 games ($2.9 million payout). It's December 17, which puts us on the other side of the country four days before signing day. It's a cool stadium and UCLA is a decent opponent, but Vegas is a terrible bowl game for a 6-6 SEC team.

But if what I am hearing is true, it is not going to surprise me. We're going to get screwed.
Selfishly speaking, I’d love for it to be Vegas this season. It would be a bucket list trip, and I’ve been to every SEC bowl destination and I’m in no hurry to get back to any of them. Would be a great way to kick off the school winter break, too.

Reactions: PK Dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Basically:

South Carolina doesn’t want to go to Tampa.

Kentucky doesn’t want to play the Music City at the same time they have a big basketball game.

So put State in Houston.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Selfishly speaking, I’d love for it to be Vegas this season. It would be a bucket list trip, and I’ve been to every SEC bowl destination and I’m in no hurry to get back to any of them. Would be a great way to kick off the school winter break, too.
I’d love to go to a game in Vegas, but that would be a slap in the face to this team compared to what they’ve earned.

Reactions: AFDawg and eckie1

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"no one wants to go to Las Vegas"
They'd have to offer some seriously good package deals for me to even consider.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Music City or Vegas would be absolutely disrespectful. Missouri can get over themselves.

ETA: Also if Florida wants a better bowl they need to win more. None of these 6-6 should be able to push us out of a destination.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We have sucked at selling our allotments of tickets the last several bowls. That has repercussions.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If this is true, it really shows where we stand in this conference. No matter what our record is, we’ll always be the red headed stepchild. Forgive me if I don’t chant “SEC, SEC, SEC” during bowl season.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022

Their projection has Ole Miss getting Notre Dame in the Gator.

If we get sent to the MCB to play Iowa or Minnesota and OM gets the Gator Bowl instead of us, then we were royally 17ed.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Basically:

South Carolina doesn’t want to go to Tampa. Now that Notre Dame isn’t in play there they are bitching again.

Hearing this as a real possibility

South Carolina to Citrus
LSU to Tampa
Gator doesn’t want us again and wants Ole Miss.
Florida thinks they are too good for Vegas/Memphis and they have already been to Nashville this year so they get Texas
Arkansas gets Liberty
Missouri and Mississippi State for Music City/Vegas
What about what we want? Why does 6-6 Florida and Missouri have more pull? Or 7-5,3-5 Kentucky? We are 8-4 and ranked. Piss on them.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Before everyone gets in a tizzy you could, you know, wait until they announce the bowl destination.
True. We've done this same crap before. AsState fans we always look for the negative. Like the above poster said, I still think it's Jacksonville or Tampa.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Before everyone gets in a tizzy you could, you know, wait until they announce the bowl destination.
Very true. I was getting upset, then I remembered all the other years where rumors of bowl matchups fly around like crazy. No two publications have the same predictions ever.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
would be kinda nice if we had an athletic director to speak up for us. might not make a difference but sure couldn't hurt.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
We have only ourselves, the fans, to blame for getting screwed. We haven’t shown up the last few bowl games and the bowls don’t want us

Reactions: Ranchdawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So put State in Houston.
The SEC should just come out and tell everyone to shut the hell up. Take the bowl you are offer or stay home and if you stay home, you don't get the same amount of money when the payout comes as the ones who goes play. SEC schools have gotten spoil and they all act like spoiled brats. SC, A&M, Arkansas and Missouri were invited into the conference and don't act like you been getting beat up for 81 years. Be ******* happy you are in the SEC. That goes for everyone.

With my job I come into contact with a lot of those fans and I tell them all the time when they talk smack "Miss State is OG" when it comes to the SEC. You are a step brother. "

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Their projection has Ole Miss getting Notre Dame in the Gator.

If we get sent to the MCB to play Iowa or Minnesota and OM gets the Gator Bowl instead of us, then we were royally 17ed.
Queen Elizabeth GIF by Madman Films

Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I would hope that our bowl destination isn't determined by schools who finished behind us being scared to play Kansas or having a basketball game

Reactions: cytubb

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
If this is true, it really shows where we stand in this conference. No matter what our record is, we’ll always be the red headed stepchild. Forgive me if I don’t chant “SEC, SEC, SEC” during bowl season.
I learned where we stand for bowl selection in 1994. State beat Tennessee that year in regular season. We finished 8-3. UT 7-4.

Come bowl selection, we were slotted for the Gator bowl. However the Gator wanted Tennessee. We went to the Peach bowl for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Last edited:

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

whatever happened to the team with 2 less wins can’t knock the higher win team out of a bowl rule? That was a rumored rule or did it go away when the bowls were reshuffled and the bowls below the citrus and above Shreveport and Birmingham were deemed “equal”?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login