Bowl projections

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Basically:

Missouri doesn’t want to play Kansas and the Liberty wants Kansas.

South Carolina doesn’t want to go to Tampa. Now that Notre Dame isn’t in play there they are bitching again.

Kentucky doesn’t want to play the Music City at the same time they have a big basketball game.

Florida thinks their **** doesn’t stink.

ole Miss doesn’t want to play Texas Tech or Oklahoma State in Houston.

no one wants to go to Las Vegas

Hearing this as a real possibility

South Carolina to Citrus
LSU to Tampa
Gator doesn’t want us again and wants Ole Miss.
Florida thinks they are too good for Vegas/Memphis and they have already been to Nashville this year so they get Texas
Arkansas gets Liberty

Missouri and Mississippi State for Music City/Vegas
Why does it always sound like we get to pick our dodgeball players after everyone else in the
SEC picks their team.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
We have sucked at selling our allotments of tickets the last several bowls. That has repercussions.
Yeah, we pretty much hold our ankles with pants down every bowl selection. And with no AD in place to fight for us, might as well get a large tube of lube ready.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Yeah, we pretty much hold our ankles with pants down every bowl selection. And with no AD in place to fight for us, might as well get a large tube of lube ready.
Dr. Mark "Expanded Playoff Boss Man" Keenum should bust up into that discussion on our behalf.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Looking at the current Athletic projections from earlier the only change was swapping us and the 17ers up north in the Gator and Music City. I swear if our athletic department let's the red and blue 17ers and the SEC screw us over I'm not going to be able to do a darn thing about, but I'm going to be real angry. Surely our athletic department won't let this happen. Right?

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010
The problem is the Bowls have a greater say about the participants than the actual schools themselves. MSU to Las Vegas bc higher ranked Bowls passed. Also, there is a small tie-in with Leach coming from the Pac 12.
Edited to add: Reading Mizzo’s refusal to play Kansas may move the Tigers to Las Vegas and MSU to Nashville.

Last edited:

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Y’all are forgetting that our university president is currently running college football.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Before everyone gets in a tizzy you could, you know, wait until they announce the bowl destination.
Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Brave advice

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Lot of doom and gloom freak out in this thread. I'd say Tampa vs. Illinois is about as good as we could hope for. Maybe Keenum went to work for us.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login