Bowl Uniforms in honor of Coach Leach

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I get that uniforms (jerseys/pants/etc) take a long time to make and come from Asia or wherever, but I don't see why we couldn't repaint helmets between now and end of the year. I'm sure there's licensing and branding and legal loopholes to jump through that I'm not aware of but I'm going to be disappointed if all we get is a black ML circle on the back of helmets for this game.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
We should be able to pull off something impressive with the helmets within 2+ weeks. I just don't see the jerseys happening.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Did we not wear an all black uniform last year with STATE across the front? I’m sure they didn’t throw them away.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Did we not wear an all black uniform last year with STATE across the front? I’m sure they didn’t throw them away.
Not that I'm aware of. We wore all black against Mizzou in 2020, but they said Mississippi State across the front.

Regardless, to you really think all of our old alternate uniforms are in a warehouse somewhere? I don't know what we do with them, but I'm pretty sure we don't put them in a closet.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Could easily get stickers for the back of helmets if time is an issue.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Cheerleaders running onto the field with a State and Pirate flag. There are easy ways to honor Leach's legacy for the bowl game in a short time. Can still do the jersey/helmet thing for next year's home opener against SLU.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Last I knew we were MS State.
The Bulldogs.
MS banner logo or STATE script.
Let’s put a pirate flag sticker on the back of the helmets and I really like the black jerseys with STATE across the front worn with our normal white trousers.
No pirate themed logos on our helmet though.
As someone else said, we aren’t the Buccaneers or Raiders.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Put this on a couple of flags and lead the players onto the field

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221212-125001_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221212-125001_Chrome.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: jdbulldog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Something is going to be done.
ringing bell GIF

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
No we're not the Oakland Raiders now!!

Death, honor, symbolizing iconic coach that just passed while being the current coach of Mississippi State - the team you have been cheering for over 45 years. Dayum, does that spell it out for you??

No, not really.

Going silver and black is not required to honor Coach Leach.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
No, I want to honor Leach, but I also want to recognize the football team I've been following for 45 years. We're not black and silver.
I agree. We aren’t black and silver, but we can be the fighting Leaches and swing our sword for one game. I never wear black except to a funeral and if we wear these uniforms in the bowl game we will be attending our opponents funeral. Hail State baby!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
No, not really.

Going silver and black is not required to honor Coach Leach.
Of course it's not, but it'd be a lot cooler if we did.

I doubt there are that many curmudgeons out there that couldn't get over a one-time quirky/fun way to honor the quirky pirate-loving coach that just died. It's the Bucc's stadium and there's a damn pirate ship in the endzone. Embrace it. It makes sense situationally. You could roll with it for one tribute game that is otherwise a meaningless exhibition. I will if the players are for it and am confident we'd get a lot of positive attention for the gesture.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean... if we can’t get them made in time. Scooba is right down the street:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Of course it's not, but it'd be a lot cooler if we did.

I doubt there are that many curmudgeons out there that couldn't get over a one-time quirky/fun way to honor the quirky pirate-loving coach that just died. It's the Bucc's stadium and there's a damn pirate ship in the endzone. Embrace it. It makes sense situationally. You could roll with it for one tribute game that is otherwise a meaningless exhibition. I will if the players are for it and am confident we'd get a lot of positive attention for the gesture.

Obviously I'll roll with whatever they do. It's just lost on me how changing colors is necessary as part of the tribute. I'm fine with the black here and there, but see no reason to completely change our color scheme.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
17 it! It’s one game in several decades of playing football at Mississippi State. We can go all in for Coach Leach for one game and black that place out. Give me all the swords, all the skulls and all the crossbones. Give me the black uniforms. Give me that pirate ship blasting off its cannons. Give me a bunch of State fans in the stadium wearing full on pirate costumes. Pouring out that kind of love for a former coach under these circumstances does more to build our brand than wearing a maroon and white uniform. Show the country who we are. I’m for it and I hope our fan base jumps on board.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
if you see or know one of our equipment guys, give them a $100 handshake. they've earned it

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
17 it! It’s one game in several decades of playing football at Mississippi State. We can go all in for Coach Leach for one game and black that place out. Give me all the swords, all the skulls and all the crossbones. Give me the black uniforms. Give me that pirate ship blasting off its cannons. Give me a bunch of State fans in the stadium wearing full on pirate costumes. Pouring out that kind of love for a former coach under these circumstances does more to build our brand than wearing a maroon and white uniform. Show the country who we are. I’m for it and I hope our fan base jumps on board.
This ^^^^^ I can’t not believe there is even a question. Who cares what the colors are, or what we have done in the past? This is a chance for the world to see how much we loved our fallen coach. You seize that and run with it not complain about colors. If not then just go yell at some kids about being on your lawn.

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
This ^^^^^ I can’t not believe there is even a question. Who cares what are colors are, or what we have done in the past? This is a chance for the world to see how much we loved our fallen coach. You seize that and run with it not complain about colors. If not then just go yell at some kids about being on your lawn.
i donut believe im about to agree with this but i am

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login