Braden Montgomery portal watch in 3... 2...

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It seems like the longer this plays out the lower the odds of us getting Montgomery. If it was about playing with his old teammates and pitching then it should be a wrap, but apparently there's more going on.
Rosebowl said it would likely stretch on into next week, something about USA Baseball. He said the Bama pitcher may commit by Friday, IIRC.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I thought USA baseball ended last week. I think a lot of us are just anxious bc he's a hometown boy and as good of a pick up you can get in the portal outside of pitching. I would be sick if he goes to TENN or LSU.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I thought USA baseball ended last week. I think a lot of us are just anxious bc he's a hometown boy and as good of a pick up you can get in the portal outside of pitching. I would be sick if he goes to TENN or LSU.
Agreed, if he ends up playing against us in conference we will all wish he had never gone in the portal at all and stayed at Stanford.

Reactions: patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The 8 ball we're behind is that guys like that probably want a shot at a natty in their portal season or two. Our pitching is so out of whack it makes it hard to envision that for the near future.
That and the fact that we’ve shown no ability to out recruit the LSU, UT, and UFs of the world for top notch portal guys during the last couple years, so if I had to guess, our only real shot at a kid like this is if he and/or his family just wants to be at MSU

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We better be good next year after keeping this guy bc 2025 is going to be rough. We are headed for baseball purgatory. We will look back in 3-4 years and wish we had forked over any amount of money to move on. As for
The portal there is a price to pay for being bad.
Best case scenario is that Lemonis wins big next year and decides to move on to a Carolina school, then maybe Parker takes over and gets us hungry again. Similar to how Cannizaro did in 2017 once Cohen got burnt out. Yes, I know that didn't end well, but we had brought in that super class who all started as freshmen in 2018. Because I agree, 2025 and 2026 could be sketchy as our PGAA recrootin strategy comes full circle.

To me, it really does seem like Lemonis has some burn out going on. I'm starting to see some similarities in our baseball program and Auburn's football program. It's like we've developed some toxicity, and it's tough to coach and play here, but still very attractive to the outside world. Our expectations are higher than our program history/stature, and we're always looking up to big brother (in this case, LSU, not an instate rival).

Ddog

May 24, 2023
Best case scenario is that Lemonis wins big next year and decides to move on to a Carolina school, then maybe Parker takes over and gets us hungry again. Similar to how Cannizaro did in 2017 once Cohen got burnt out. Yes, I know that didn't end well, but we had brought in that super class who all started as freshmen in 2018. Because I agree, 2025 and 2026 could be sketchy as our PGAA recrootin strategy comes full circle.

To me, it really does seem like Lemonis has some burn out going on. I'm starting to see some similarities in our baseball program and Auburn's football program. It's like we've developed some toxicity, and it's tough to coach and play here, but still very attractive to the outside world. Our expectations are higher than our program history/stature, and we're always looking up to big brother (in this case, LSU, not an instate rival).
Lem is not experiencing burn out. Period.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login