Buy/Sell: Arch Manning makes a playoff at Texas.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If you are giving me even money, sell.

A great qb alone isn’t gonna fix their problems. He may not even be great.

Texas is soft. Until they fix that they aren’t gonna compete.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Sell… it took A&M a couple years to get up to speed with the SEC. I suspect an adjustment period for UT too.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Considering all the money they put into their respective football teams both Texas and aTm are massive underachievers. I'm not going to get all excited about one guy. Remember, aTm had a Heisman Trophy QB a few years back and it didn't get them a conference championship much less a natty.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If you are giving me even money, sell.

A great qb alone isn’t gonna fix their problems. He may not even be great.

Texas is soft. Until they fix that they aren’t gonna compete.

Sell… it took A&M a couple years to get up to speed with the SEC. I suspect an adjustment period for UT too.

I want to agree with both of y’all (and do agree with Paindonthurt enough that I liked his post) but then I remember that Johnny Manziel’s first season at aTm was the Aggies’ first year in the SEC and we know what he did…

I don’t expect lightning to strike twice though.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Texas A&M was the best team in the country in 2012 (their first year). They simply got unlucky due to a tropical storm, and they didn't get a warm up game before they played Florida, to which they lost by like 3 points. They lost another game to LSU midseason by less than a score.

There is real legitimacy about getting the DL up to speed, but let's not act like Texas A&M wasn't SEC ready. Mizzou either for that matter. Their demise was ultimately because Kevin Sumlin was soft and their general weirdness.....to which Jimbo has now seem to overcome with sacks of cash.

That said, I do agree that Texas and Oklahoma aren't in the same situation, with a Heisman QB that nobody knew about at the time.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Hard sell. Texas went 5-7 this past year with a loss to Kansas. KANSAS. Not the purple team, the blue one. And I’m not even sold on “Three-Star Arch.” I’ve watched him several times and if his name was “Tim Jones,” there’s no way he would be a 5* recruit.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
What's crazy is that Kansas last win over UT was in 2016, but prior to that it was 1901. They went over a century between wins.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login