Campaign Signs Revisited

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Pro tip: watch the top notch "political science" methodology of making citizens angry, afraid and positioning their candidate as the only hopeful solution. I have watched 10 presidential campaigns and not one of the false claims of fear tactics ever came true. But it made people vote based on anger, hate and fear.
Why do you hate America? This is the way.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Pro tip: watch the top notch "political science" methodology of making citizens angry, afraid and positioning their candidate as the only hopeful solution. I have watched 10 presidential campaigns and not one of the false claims of fear tactics ever came true. But it made people vote based on anger, hate and fear.
I can think of one recent presidential election where something written off as "fear tactics" came true, and actually even worse than the candidate predicted.

• Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I've been trying to find a good "NONE OF THE ABOVE" campaign sugn.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
As someone who leads libertarian, I get sick of people telling be not to waste my vote. Both parties are evil/awful. Picking the less of two evils will not fix this country because the two parties are the same.
I agree with this generally. But my rationale:

If I agree with 50% of what this party stands for, and only 25% of what that party stands for, and my voting abstinence helps the 25% side more than the 50% side, I've got to hold my nose and do what I have to do.

Reactions: TimberBeast
Aug 22, 2012
As someone who leads libertarian, I get sick of people telling be not to waste my vote. Both parties are evil/awful. Picking the less of two evils will not fix this country because the two parties are the same.
Exactly. I don’t give my vote away for free. They are supposed to earn it, and the recent presidential candidates of the past decade have been atrocious.

Aug 22, 2012

If I agree with 50% of what this party stands for, and only 25% of what that party stands for, and my voting abstinence helps the 25% side more than the 50% side, I've got to hold my nose and do what I have to do.
I see your point and used to feel this way. Now I’m of the opinion they won’t change unless they take a huge loss so whatever it takes to get them to wake up and stop catering to the extremes on each side.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022

But does the party actually deliver on the 50%? Another big issue is the promises never come true. An example is Trump and the swamp. He claimed he would drain it, but he ended up swimming in it. He said it on a podcast the other day. He cannot use the nick names for the republicans anymore because they are his friends. Joe promised healthcare and did not come through. I would honestly vote for any party that actually came through and delivered on the promise. Politicians only win by keeping people on the hook by promising to get it done if they had four more years.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
If you are voting in Mississippi, you are not wasting your vote in any manner. For purposes of the presidential election, the outcome of Mississippi's 6 electoral college votes is 99.9% locked. I leave a 0.1% chance for the incredibly unlikely scenario that pledged delegates refuse to vote as pledged at the electoral college. Regardless of your vote, the outcome is locked.

Knowing this, vote for whoever the hell you want to vote for and ignore the bull$h!++ers. I haven't voted for either party's candidate since 2000. I voted for the pledged delegates for Bush in 2000. That's the last time I voted for the pledged delegates of either party.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
But does the party actually deliver on the 50%? Another big issue is the promises never come true. An example is Trump and the swamp. He claimed he would drain it, but he ended up swimming in it. He said it on a podcast the other day. He cannot use the nick names for the republicans anymore because they are his friends. Joe promised healthcare and did not come through. I would honestly vote for any party that actually came through and delivered on the promise. Politicians only win by keeping people on the hook by promising to get it done if they had four more years.
You make good points and it's obviously much easier to vote this way in a state like Mississippi when you know what the outcome is going to be.

But if I were in Pennsylvania, and I just can't stand Trump, but I hate what the last four years have brought us even more than that, I'm gonna hold my nose and vote Trump.

Reactions: TimberBeast

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
You make good points and it's obviously much easier to vote this way in a state like Mississippi when you know what the outcome is going to be.

But if I were in Pennsylvania, and I just can't stand Trump, but I hate what the last four years have brought us even more than that, I'm gonna hold my nose and vote Trump.
That is a good point. I was in Atlanta before I moved back to Mississippi when Kemp was running for his first term. I was not his biggest fan then but voted for him. He actually has turned into a good leader. If Trump losses, I think Kemp is the guy they need to turn to.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If you are voting in Mississippi, you are not wasting your vote in any manner. For purposes of the presidential election, the outcome of Mississippi's 6 electoral college votes is 99.9% locked. I leave a 0.1% chance for the incredibly unlikely scenario that pledged delegates refuse to vote as pledged at the electoral college. Regardless of your vote, the outcome is locked.

Knowing this, vote for whoever the hell you want to vote for and ignore the bull$h!++ers. I haven't voted for either party's candidate since 2000. I voted for the pledged delegates for Bush in 2000. That's the last time I voted for the pledged delegates of either party.
I have you beat. Haven't voted for a major party Presidential candidate since 1996....and the guy I voted for that year should have resigned from office.

I came really close to pulling the lever one way or the other over the years, but once I'm at the poll I just can't do it.

It never really mattered since I have lived in solid red states. Now that Georgia is purple....it still doesn't matter because they will just count my vote however they see fit. Even when I don't vote at all.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014

This is where I'm at now w/ the election. I have never voted for Trump, but likely will this time because of all the antics of the last 4 years as well as how they bypassed any voter input to get kamala on the ticket.
Back in 2016 when Andrew Johnson got just 4% of the vote (including my vote), I realized that Americans really have bought in to the 2 party system. You had the 2 most unlikeable candidates in modern history (maybe ever) but most people wouldn't risk "throwing away their vote". When the reality is, if everyone who didn't like either candidate had voted for a 3rd party, Johnson would have won. I still vote libertarian usually, just not sure if I will this time. It's all just terrible and there isn't a good answer.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Not voting is still a vote in a representative democracy. Do not be afraid to let your vote not count for either major parties.

It's still America, D A M N I T! We got a right not to vote.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login