Byrne says let's settle this after the final 4, we still getting "our facts"

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We'd have already cut the player and coach loose. Probably put ourselves on probation for lack of institutional control while firing the AD.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Kinda wild the President has not stepped in and shut this **** down. I can see where Alabama is caught in a hard spot of wanting to allow the player due process, especially since he’s not a suspect or has not been charged with anything. I would just think you’d sit him until more info is known.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Kinda wild the President has not stepped in and shut this **** down. I can see where Alabama is caught in a hard spot of wanting to allow the player due process, especially since he’s not a suspect or has not been charged with anything. I would just think you’d sit him until more info is known.
Kinda on brand for Bama though if you think about it. Sell your soul for athletics since 1958.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

He's putting his job and Oats job on the line. Let's see how long he does that
I’m not saying Bama is right or wrong, but according to every article I’ve read, the guy isn’t a suspect and hasn’t been accused by the police of anything.

Id be a hypocrite if I was inconsistent. He’s innocent until proven guilty. He’s definitely innocent since he hasn’t been accused. I’m going to treat him accordingly.

Last edited:

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Don’t you think Chris Bread could have used due process. I realize this is a controversial statement in the Me, too era.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
In this age of NIL, I wonder if a lawsuit for wrongful dismissal is tying some hands. What a glorious system

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
My questions are why have a gun on campus in the first place ?
I thought this was a no-no.
We had some football players kicked off the team under Croom for having a fun right ? Secondly, if he handed the gun to Miles and then Miles to the shooter, was he still around blocking the other car when the shooting started?
If that’s the case, then I would think he’s definitely an accessory to murder or some kind of crime.
What did he think his teammate wanted a gun for at that time of night ?

Reactions: Indognito

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My questions are why have a gun on campus in the first place ?
I thought this was a no-no.
We had some football players kicked off the team under Croom for having a fun right ? Secondly, if he handed the gun to Miles and then Miles to the shooter, was he still around blocking the other car when the shooting started?
If that’s the case, then I would think he’s definitely an accessory to murder or some kind of crime.
What did he think his teammate wanted a gun for at that time of night ?
Guns on Campus woulda saved a lot of lives over the last 2 decades. Depends on whose holdin' and who ain't. Sad today's adults don't have the common sense a 9 year old had just from watching Gunsmoke and Bonanza in the 60's.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Don’t you think Chris Bread could have used due process. I realize this is a controversial statement in the Me, too era.
I’m not advocating for them to kick the player off the team or out of school. But there is no reason why they shouldn’t suspend him until they have all the facts. And maybe they feel like they have all the facts, it just feels like Alabama learned something pretty major yesterday and have no reaction to it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I really don't think anyone outside of Tuscaloosa trusts the information being distributed right now. Really isn't a good look unfortunately

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I’m not advocating for them to kick the player off the team or out of school. But there is no reason why they shouldn’t suspend him until they have all the facts. And maybe they feel like they have all the facts, it just feels like Alabama learned something pretty major yesterday and have no reaction to it.

They have a couple of reasons. He's the SEC's leading scorer, and they're the number 1/2 team in the country right now.. Drag it out until the season's over

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Biden step in and stop something that really needs to be done?**

Reactions: GloryDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It'll take either the governor or lynard stepping in on this one to turn the tide

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m not saying Bama is right or wrong, but according to every article I’ve read, the guy isn’t a suspect and hasn’t been accused by the police of anything.

Id be a hypocrite if it was inconsistent. He’s innocent until proven guilty. He’s definitely innocent since he hasn’t been accused. I’m going to treat him accordingly.

If he’s innocent until proven guilty, then so is Miles, and they should let him back in school and back on the team.

The known and agreed upon facts (by all parties) are as follows:

1) Davis pulled the trigger, and is being charged with capital murder - a crime punishable by the death penalty in Alabama.

2) Miles handed the gun to Davis. He’s also being charged with capital murder - a crime punishable by the death penalty in Alabama.

3) Miller brought the gun to the crime scene, and handed the gun to Miles (basically did the same thing as Miles, except the guy he gave the gun to didn’t shoot it). He’s being charged with NOTHING.

One of these things is not like the others.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If he’s innocent until proven guilty, then so is Miles, and they should let him back in school and back on the team.

The known and agreed upon facts (by all parties) are as follows:

1) Davis pulled the trigger, and is being charged with capital murder - a crime punishable by the death penalty in Alabama.

2) Miles handed the gun to Davis. He’s also being charged with capital murder - a crime punishable by the death penalty in Alabama.

3) Miller brought the gun to the crime scene, and handed the gun to Miles (basically did the same thing as Miles, except the guy he gave the gun to didn’t shoot it). He’s being charged with NOTHING.

One of these things is not like the others.
I’m genuinely asking.

Do we think the Tuscaloosa police is covering up an accessory to capital murder for Alabama basketball?

Seems like a dumb thing to do considering this is so high profile and considering they have already charged another Alabama player.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m genuinely asking.

Do we think the Tuscaloosa police is covering up an accessory to capital murder for Alabama basketball?

Seems like a dumb thing to do considering this is so high profile and considering they have already charged another Alabama player.

Well its noteworthy that the player they are charging with murder was/is a bench scrub, and the player not being charged is currently projected as the #3 overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft….as a freshmen. So there’s that.

But whatever the motives, whether its a blatant coverup or being intentionally lenient to get more witnesses to the actual shooter….there is absolutely no consistency at all with the charges (or lack thereof) being levied against the 3 individuals involved in the incident.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I’m genuinely asking.

I think we have a lot of posters taking homerism to another level

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
South Carolina fans booing Brandon Miller. Chanting “lock him up” Nate oats looks like he’s seen a ghost. Columbia would be smart to check their locker-room for weapons.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Come to bama , be a delivery driver. Everything will be fine. This whole incident has been great for future bama basketball recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilCoDawg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I mean that’s a bold statement considering there aren’t any facts to prove it.

Maybe they are but there is no proof of that.
Considering the lead detective on the case said that Miller parked his car to block the victims escape path AND Miller’s car took two bullet holes to the windshield…

I’d say it’s not that bold of a statement at all…

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Miss State whipped that Alabama team up and down the court in Tuscaloosa. Officiating robbed the dawgs of the win . Looking back, it makes you wonder if the officials were intimidated/scared/nervous.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Really confusing situation, based on everything I've read from the court/attorneys /reports.

He wasn't involved, but he blocked the car from leaving? Was it an accidental block in, as in he just pulled up at that location, got out, and handed the gun over...and then shots started.
Maybe that is what happened?...that's about the only way I could see him blocking someone in, but not be seen by police/prosecutors as participating.

It's completely crazy that shots were exchanged to begin with. Shooting at someone because a girl won't get out of a car to talk with you? 17ing insane.

I dislike schools deciding things like this based on public opinion, and also dislike deciding before all info is known. I have seen that result in a lot of people's lives be negatively impacted at best and ruined at worst.
I would think Bama has all the info by now, but since we aren't privy to that, who knows.
If it eventually comes out that Miller was involved and Byrne/Oats knew- they should be canned immediately.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Considering the lead detective on the case said that Miller parked his car to block the victims escape path AND Miller’s car took two bullet holes to the windshield…

Not to mention a 3rd player, the point guard, ALSO used his car to block them in, and nobody is talking about that, either. Its either the most incredible series of coincidences of all time, or its a murder conspiracy.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It just feels like Alabama learned something pretty major yesterday and have no reaction to it.

Because by their own admission, they did. Oats gets up there yesterday with his “we’re fully aware of all the facts, wrong place / wrong time” garbage. Today, Byrne himself says they were NOT aware that Miller was involved with the murder weapon in any way until the detective’s testimony. So they are contradicting themselves, which looks really bad. And if they weren’t aware, you know that damn well means that Miller’s attorney wasn’t aware either. The only other alternative is that everyone knew about Miller’s involvement….but neither the attorney or Bama brass thought it would get out to the public in a court hearing. But there’s no way possible that Oats / Byrne didn’t know absolutely everything that Miller’s attorney knew. Again, a really bad look.

The whole thing just stinks even worse after Byrne’s statement. This is Bama, Miller, and his attorney getting together with a hastily assembled alibi to try to clear him in the court of public opinion. “He was already on his way and he never saw the text message” is something that could likely never be proven or disproven. If he was already on his way, there would have been a previous text message or communication that was testified as to the reason he was at the asked to be at the scene. If he wasn’t handling the gun, there would be little reason for Miles to tell him that there was a bullet in the chamber. It doesn’t add up. But if he’s not being charged with anything, it really doesn’t have to.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’m genuinely asking.

I think all we are getting is repeated, orchestrated attempts at reasonable doubt now. Typically a crime is exactly what it looks like. Rarely ever any mystery to it

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

So the lead detective is accusing him as an accessory but the DA is protecting him?

even bolder strategy.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So the lead detective is accusing him as an accessory but the DA is protecting him?

even bolder strategy.

I don’t think the detective has the power to accuse. Only the prosecution can do that. He can only present what he finds through the investigation. He was testifying the sequence of events through what he found from cell phone records, affidavits, and other evidence.

But if Miller’s side was accurate, there would be another message, phone call, text, or something saying “hey come pick me up”. I doubt it would have just been presented as “bring me the gun” with no pretext.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t think the detective has the power to accuse. Only the prosecution can do that. He can only present what he finds through the investigation. He was testifying the sequence of events through what he found from cell phone records, affidavits, and other evidence.

But if Miller’s side was accurate, there would be another message, phone call, text, or something saying “hey come pick me up”. I doubt it would have just been presented as “bring me the gun” with no pretext.
You are also assuming the media reported it exactly how it was presented to them. Which is rarely the case in today's world.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login