Byrne says let's settle this after the final 4, we still getting "our facts"

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Well yes, if you change the facts, the results can change.
What facts did he change?

From the article below," According to Miles’ defense attorney Mary Turner, Miles texted Miller at 1:38 a.m. the day of the shooting, saying “I need my joint [gun] a n****r rl jus got a fakin.” "

Which according to urban dictionary means I need my gun, i'm being threatened.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Again, completely different circumstances but watching the Auburn Cam apologists switching to the "gotta suspend him just in case" side while the Bama fans take the "let him play" side has been fun to watch.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Ummm. Simmons video showed slightly being rough with a girl that was out of control.

Miller was on the scene of a murder and brought the gun. This is confirmed.

Slightly different cases.
That's why I said "slight similarities" in my post. My point was Alabama fans were being hypocritical and so are we if we don't get the facts before jumping on the 'dump him" bandwagon.

Reactions: paindonthurt

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Maybe Miller should hang a Ukraine Flag by his door. That's all Brandon seems to care about. Never mind 500K get aways on our boarder since he took office. Another 9/11 waiting to happen.
Don't know this Brandon guy. I can't wait to vote for him to counter your vote though.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What facts did he change?

From the article below," According to Miles’ defense attorney Mary Turner, Miles texted Miller at 1:38 a.m. the day of the shooting, saying “I need my joint [gun] a n****r rl jus got a fakin.” "

Which according to urban dictionary means I need my gun, i'm being threatened.

That's not the article that was being referenced, so basically any facts in that are different from the ones in the article that were being discussed.

That text is extremely damning though. They'd need some really good time stamped documentation showing that he was there before receiving the text to justify not charging him. He'd still have the argument that the text doesn't give enough information to show he knew something illegal was going to happen and he intended to aid in it, but that'd be an argument for a jury with accessory to murder charge and that's before there is any real investigation.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That's not the article that was being referenced, so basically any facts in that are different from the ones in the article that were being discussed.

That text is extremely damning though. They'd need some really good time stamped documentation showing that he was there before receiving the text to justify not charging him. He'd still have the argument that the text doesn't give enough information to show he knew something illegal was going to happen and he intended to aid in it, but that'd be an argument for a jury with accessory to murder charge and that's before there is any real investigation.

I’m not an expert on all the wheeling and dealing that goes on in these legal proceedings, but it seems this DA is prioritizing a quick conviction for the actual shooter above all else….even if it means letting a few guys off light who may have been involved. If that is the case, it might explain why Miller and Bradley aren’t being charged….their testimony is needed to ID the actual shooter. Especially considering that one of the two main suspects already claimed he was blackout drunk off tequila and couldn’t remember anything.

On a related note, I’m also curious as to how the capital murder charge moves forward. From what I know, capital murder requires the killing to be done in concert with another felony. Unless they are using murder conspiracy as that other felony, I don’t know that its an air tight charge. Again, seems like posturing from the DA to try and get a plea deal to a lesser charge like second degree murder. I’m also unsure how both Davis and Miles are being charged with CM, unless they were just passing the gun back and forth and taking turns (seems really unlikely), only one of them could be the actual killer.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Capital Murder in Alabama: (17) Murder committed by or through the use of a deadly weapon while the victim is in a vehicle.

Other non-shooters being charged in accordance with paragraph C which is aiding and abetting a capital murder. Al. Code 13a-2-23

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Capital Murder in Alabama: (17) Murder committed by or through the use of a deadly weapon while the victim is in a vehicle.

Not sure how the other non-shooters are being charged.

Good find. That’s an interesting statute, as I’m not sure why being in a vehicle makes it more malicious than one where the victim is just out on the sidewalk or something.

I’m also not sure that the female in the back seat was the intended target, seems like perhaps it was collateral damage. So I expect that should come into play as well.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Don't know this Brandon guy. I can't wait to vote for him to counter your vote though.
If you vote in Miss and vote Democrat your vote is mute anyways. If you are in a swing state than your vote matters. Either case you really not countering my vote. I Suspect Brandon if he runs again will get at least 5 million more than his Republican opponent simply because California does not purge voter rolls of of people who died or moved then they mail ballot to every name on the roll and allows harvesting.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If you vote in Miss and vote Democrat your vote is mute anyways. If you are in a swing state than your vote matters. Either case you really not countering my vote. I Suspect Brandon if he runs again will get at least 5 million more than his Republican opponent simply because California does not purge voter rolls of of people who died or moved then they mail ballot to every name on the roll and allows harvesting.

2 things.

1- A popular election for president is about a century past due. Why anyone thinks the current system is best, where only a couple states even matter, is nuts.

2- Speaking of nuts, its almost 2 years until the next election, but I guess there is no time like the present to start claiming voter fraud. Lets hope Chavez doesnt land another voting machine contract and change votes again.***

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So many people in this thread bending over backwards to try and find the guy innocent, combing through the rules of law, etc. Who cares? Bottom line is, he WAS involved and needs to be suspended or kicked off the team. The degree of his crime, or lack thereof, will get worked out in the courts.

It's a privilege to play NCAA sports. Let the NBA decide if they want to mess with him, but the show should be over in college.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
2 things.

1- A popular election for president is about a century past due. Why anyone thinks the current system is best, where only a couple states even matter, is nuts.
What couple of states get you to 270 electoral votes? But the reason people think the current system is better than the popular vote is because they have opened a history book. The electoral college would be an even better system if we would actually move back towards federalism, but it's human nature to want to get into other people's business.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What couple of states get you to 270 electoral votes? But the reason people think the current system is better than the popular vote is because they have opened a history book. The electoral college would be an even better system if we would actually move back towards federalism, but it's human nature to want to get into other people's business.
Ok, you are being intentionally obtuse. I obviously was not claiming if someone wins just a couple of states, they will get to 270 electoral votes.
I was saying elections often end up coming down to a few states only. Its true, its correct, its well documented.

Every vote should count when it comes to the Presidential Election. We should not have a scenario where 6 million votes(35% of votes) in California effectively dont count just because they voted for Trump and not Biden. We should not have a scenario where 540,000 votes(41% of votes) in Mississippi effectively dont count just because they voted for Biden and not Trump.
If we want participation, then we should ensure votes mean something. As it stands, a large % of Americans have no political voice when it comes to Presidential Elections.
Nearly 2/3 of Americans support a popular vote process- https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...-to-favor-moving-away-from-electoral-college/

Small states should not hold more power than large states, and that is what the Electoral College creates. States shouldnt have more or less power than other states when it comes to a Presidential Election- individuals should all hold equal representation and impact.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that you dont want all votes to count equally for a Presidential Election because the right has only won 1 popular vote in over 3 decades. Total guess.

Reactions: Air Raid 2.0

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ok, you are being intentionally obtuse. I obviously was not claiming if someone wins just a couple of states, they will get to 270 electoral votes.
I was saying elections often end up coming down to a few states only. Its true, its correct, its well documented.

Every vote should count when it comes to the Presidential Election. We should not have a scenario where 6 million votes(35% of votes) in California effectively dont count just because they voted for Trump and not Biden. We should not have a scenario where 540,000 votes(41% of votes) in Mississippi effectively dont count just because they voted for Biden and not Trump.
If we want participation, then we should ensure votes mean something. As it stands, a large % of Americans have no political voice when it comes to Presidential Elections.
Nearly 2/3 of Americans support a popular vote process- https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...-to-favor-moving-away-from-electoral-college/

Small states should not hold more power than large states, and that is what the Electoral College creates. States shouldnt have more or less power than other states when it comes to a Presidential Election- individuals should all hold equal representation and impact.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that you dont want all votes to count equally for a Presidential Election because the right has only won 1 popular vote in over 3 decades. Total guess.

You also completely throw whatever viable possibility of voter fraud that exists (not that I think there is much of one to begin with) out the window, because you’d get rid of the tipping point areas that would be controlled by only a handful of elected officials from one party or the other.

The Electoral College was created originally to prevent the possibility of a dozen candidates popular only in a given region from all running for president and keeping anyone from getting a true plurality of votes. As such, it made a ton of sense in the 1700’s and 1800’s. But the growth and dominance of the two-party system and the resulting state level laws for requirements that must be met for a presidential candidate to appear on the ballot have made the need for that type check on the electoral system no longer necessary.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I told you, it's because I've read a history book and know why there is an electoral college. The electoral college is a compromise that has helped smooth over different and at times contradicting interests across the country. We're not the united citizens of American. And you're also wrong about how many popular votes the right has won. They haven't one a single nationwide popular vote.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
So many people in this thread bending over backwards to try and find the guy innocent, combing through the rules of law, etc. Who cares? Bottom line is, he WAS involved and needs to be suspended or kicked off the team. The degree of his crime, or lack thereof, will get worked out in the courts.

It's a privilege to play NCAA sports. Let the NBA decide if they want to mess with him, but the show should be over in college.
GOAT SAY "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT"

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I told you, it's because I've read a history book and know why there is an electoral college. The electoral college is a compromise that has helped smooth over different and at times contradicting interests across the country. We're not the united citizens of American. And you're also wrong about how many popular votes the right has won. They haven't one a single nationwide popular vote.
W won the popular vote in '04.
HW won the popular vote in 88.
I think Reagan won every state but MN in 84.
...or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

As for the electoral college, yes we are a group of states which is United. That doesn't fundamentally mean there can't be a national vote where all individual votes are counted.

You refeeence the electoral college like it's some process which eliminates chaos, when in fact it simply creates different chaos.
It just happens to be that you don't mind the chaos it creates and you like the issues it eliminates.

I happen to think everyone's vote should count equally. My vote for president should count as much as someone's from Madison Mississippi and as much as someone's from Portland Oregon. The president represents citizens of all the states and it's citizens should have their votes count equally.

I accept that you want votes to not count equally.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
W won the popular vote in '04.
HW won the popular vote in 88.
I think Reagan won every state but MN in 84.
...or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

As for the electoral college, yes we are a group of states which is United. That doesn't fundamentally mean there can't be a national vote where all individual votes are counted.

You refeeence the electoral college like it's some process which eliminates chaos, when in fact it simply creates different chaos.
It just happens to be that you don't mind the chaos it creates and you like the issues it eliminates.

I happen to think everyone's vote should count equally. My vote for president should count as much as someone's from Madison Mississippi and as much as someone's from Portland Oregon. The president represents citizens of all the states and it's citizens should have their votes count equally.

I accept that you want votes to not count equally.
You can’t win an election that doesn’t exist. Nobody has ever campaigned to win the popular vote. If there was ever a campaign to win a popular vote, you’d likely see some pretty significant political realignment.

And if you followed the logic you are using to say presidential votes don’t count equally, then you need to ignore state lines when drawing districts for house members to make sure there are equal numbers of voters in each district and you need to abolish or completely restructure the senate.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You can’t win an election that doesn’t exist. Nobody has ever campaigned to win the popular vote. If there was ever a campaign to win a popular vote, you’d likely see some pretty significant political realignment.

And if you followed the logic you are using to say presidential votes don’t count equally, then you need to ignore state lines when drawing districts for house members to make sure there are equal numbers of voters in each district and you need to abolish or completely restructure the senate.
<blank stare emoji>

Good one on the election win point.***
You got me there.

The Senate doesn't need to be restructured. 2 per state where small states get an equal say can stay.
The House doesn't need to be restructured because each rep has the same general number of people, though I do see your point and understand you are applying my 'every vote should count' to the scenario.
I will take this moment to say that what really should be restructured in the House is any insanely drawn district which combines clearly disparate areas, be it geographically or socioeconomially, that were clearly created to effectively silence a voting group(conservative or liberal).

Simply put- the Executive And Legislative branches are different. They perform different functions and there is no need to apply the voting process of one to the voting process of the other.
Once more, if you don't want Presidential votes to count equally, support something like the Electoral College.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If it was me, I would be in jail charged with at the least accessory to murder. That is FACT.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
No it’s not a fact.
It's only a fact if you claim you had prior knowledge and therefore intent. Lucky for Miller he lawyered up (probably at the advice of both police and Bama) before he made any statement. And he's saying he knew nothing. So nothing to charge him with. So the FACT legally is that he claims to know nothing and didn't actually deliver the gun. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen most likely in a future civil case from the deceased girls family.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Whether that's true or not remains to be seen most likely in a future civil case from the deceased girls family.

Probably won’t be seen even then, because there will be a private settlement complete with NDA’s and what have you. They will get a lot of money from him, but it will never come close to going in front of a jury.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It's only a fact if you claim you had prior knowledge and therefore intent. Lucky for Miller he lawyered up (probably at the advice of both police and Bama) before he made any statement. And he's saying he knew nothing. So nothing to charge him with. So the FACT legally is that he claims to know nothing and didn't actually deliver the gun. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen most likely in a future civil case from the deceased girls family.
All probably true but there are probably countless cases that are SOMEWHAT similar where people didn’t go to jail or weren’t charged.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
All probably true but there are probably countless cases that are SOMEWHAT similar where people didn’t go to jail or weren’t charged.
There's a case similar where the accomplice was executed in Alabama. But that was the murder of a police officer, not the murder of a black civilian young lady.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There's a case similar where the accomplice was executed in Alabama. But that was the murder of a police officer, not the murder of a black civilian young lady.
Probably a lot of cases both ways.

Im just saying someone claiming “facts” is absurd.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Your russian thinking is hilarious, comrade.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If I brought a gun to someone who used it for a murder, and I was still present at the scene during the murder, I would be facing charges. I'm not a star athlete and I don't reside in Tuscaloosa.
and you would not be coached on how to respond to questioning either, and I am almost certain Miller was. Claimed he was ALREADY heading to pick up his friend when his friend texted him to bring his gun that was in the car in a hat with a bullet in the chamber. And that he had NO IDEA what was going on. Each response is intended to show no knowlege and no intent and no participation.

patdog

May 28, 2007
and you would not be coached on how to respond to questioning either, and I am almost certain Miller was. Claimed he was ALREADY heading to pick up his friend when his friend texted him to bring his gun that was in the car in a hat with a bullet in the chamber. And that he had NO IDEA what was going on. Each response is intended to show no knowlege and no intent and no participation.
I don't think it takes a lot of coaching to know not to say, "Yeah, he told me to bring him his gun cause he was bout to kill a *****, so I took it to him."

I can just hear the conversations among the police and DA offices. Well, he says he didn't know. How can we arrest him or charge him with anything if he says he didn't know. Case closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perd Hapley

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think it takes a lot of coaching to know not to say, "Yeah, he told me to bring him his gun cause he was bout to kill a *****, so I took it to him."

I can just hear the conversations among the police and DA offices. Well, he says he didn't know. How can we arrest him or charge him with anything if he says he didn't know. Case closed.
I don't think we will ever know what the conversations actually were between Miller and the Tuscaloosa police and his lawyer prior to this coming out. Point is that he was most likely provided guidance before he officially made a statement.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login