Can we get to 6 wins

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Before the season started I didn’t see a path to 6 wins. I do see a path now. But who do we beat besides Wofford?
Vandy- yes but they have been competitive
Oklahoma- they could be beatable
Texas A&M- beatable as well
Missouri- not looking as strong as aspected

Don’t think we stand a chance against the rest but maybe Clemson, too early to tell. My picks are Vandy and A&M. Maybe steal one of the others to get to 7. Thoughts?

Reactions: USClight

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
I think we are a few big play makers at WR to be able to best “anyone on any given Saturday.” But I’ll concede maybe some of the other games may turn out to be wins. We’ll see, especially the next 2 games. I hope you are right.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
I think Ole Miss is beatable given it’s a home game for us with 2 weeks to prepare. That is in no way, shape, or form a prediction though.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I think Ole Miss is beatable given it’s a home game for us with 2 weeks to prepare. That is in no way, shape, or form a prediction though.
Ole Miss is still a big question mark. They have yet to play ANYBODY. We'll know a bit more about them after this weekend, I guess.

Reactions: Wil-Cocks

Evilchicken

Mar 25, 2022
This team has more heart than I expected but the talent on offense and in the secondary is very questionable. Heart will keep us in all of our games this season and that’s good to see.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
Ole Miss is still a big question mark. They have yet to play ANYBODY. We'll know a bit more about them after this weekend, I guess.

I was thinking this last night watching a little bit of them play GSU. They didn’t look crazy impressive to me. They were good, but not crazy fast and athletic. I think we have the horses to play with them. That being said, this is a game I can easily see Beamer and company getting their you-know-whats handed to him by Lane Kiffin coaching wise.

There’s also the obligatory 150+ yards and 1+ TD’s we have to give up to Wells since he’s a former Gamecock.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
I was thinking this last night watching a little bit of them play GSU. They didn’t look crazy impressive to me. They were good, but not crazy fast and athletic. I think we have the horses to play with them. That being said, this is a game I can easily see Beamer and company getting their you-know-whats handed to him by Lane Kiffin coaching wise.

There’s also the obligatory 150+ yards and 1+ TD’s we have to give up to Wells since he’s a former Gamecock.
I'm sure they weren't giving their all playing Ga Southern. They had to view Ga Southern the same way we viewed Akron. Ole Miss still hasn't played anyone with a pulse but they've beaten every team they have played soundly.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Hard to say. LSU was our golden opportunity. Just sitting there begging us to take it.

I fear we'll look back on the LSU game as another "aw shucks" moment in Gamecock history.

Some of the remaining teams appear beatable. A&M or Mizzou at home are probably the best best, but those are 2 teams that have just had our number.

Reactions: Lurker123

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
I fear we'll look back on the LSU game as another "aw shucks" moment in Gamecock history.
Yessir. Add it to the long list of games that we'll look back and say if we win that one, it might've catapulted us to a solid season. I feel like we can never win the game to get us over the hump.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Yessir. Add it to the long list of games that we'll look back and say if we win that one, it might've catapulted us to a solid season. I feel like we can never win the game to get us over the hump.
Even our very best seasons have been marked with one stupid loss that kept us from greatness.

Sep 12, 2022
Before the season started I didn’t see a path to 6 wins. I do see a path now. But who do we beat ... Thoughts?
After our bye week, the next 6 games are brutal. Somebody ate our Vandy Cupcake. I NEVER support injuries as a valid excuse, with perhaps a QB exception but, we now face ... The Big Boys. Seriously, the crew may be loyal but it's gettin' thin Capt!

Latest posts