Christmas Music

Desert Dog

Oct 8, 2022
I love Christmas music, but mostly prefer oldie's versions like Nat, Frank, Perry, Bing, etc.. A friend gave me this album for Christmas a couple of years ago, and the whole thing is outstanding. Big recommend if you like the title track.

This is a great album and I listened to it today. “twinkle Little Christmas Lights” is not on this album but another great song by JD.

Reactions: Dawgpile

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
Dominic the donkey and it’s not even close
U beat me to it.

but some others…

Lindsey Stirling. “Carol of the bells” and “ dance of the sugar plum fairy”

For king and country “little drummer boy”

Pentatonix. “ hallelujah” and already mentioned “ Mary did you know”

Mercy Me “oh holy ni

Nat king Cole. “The Christmas song”

Bob Dylan. “Must be Santa”

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
What happened to Springsteen?
Politics first of all.

I watched his Broadway show on Netflix a few years back and about the first thing he says, and I am paraphrasing, that people ask him how he wrote all those songs about the plight of working men and factories etc. He pauses and then says "I made it up! I never worked a day in my life." I go okay a real honest answer. Then he goes back into that "blue collar " mindset and he is so far removed from being blue collar. Just found it to be kinda hypocritical.

Also some things he did to the E Street band. He gets inducted into the R&R HOF in 1990 as a solo artist. The E Street band finally goes in in 2014. Probably should have been the other way around. I know he does all the writing etc, but I felt he did them a little dirty and should have spoke up for them way earlier.

Last edited:

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I got one more.... One of the best "rock" Christmas songs out there.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
My favorite Christmas album is Behold The Lamb of God by Andrew Peterson. I listen to it a couple of times through every Christmas season. Lovely retelling of the Christmas story.

Reactions: Ghostman

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Politics first of all.

I watched his Broadway show on Netflix a few years back and about the first thing he says, and I am paraphrasing, that people ask him how he wrote all those songs about the plight of working men and factories etc. He pauses and then says "I made it up! I never worked a day in my life." I go okay a real honest answer. Then he goes back into that "blue collar " mindset and he is so far removed from being blue collar. Just found it to be kinda hypocritical.

Also some things he did to the E Street band. He gets inducted into the R&R HOF in 1990 as a solo artist. The E Street band finally goes in in 2014. Probably should have been the other way around. I know he does all the writing etc, but I felt he did them a little dirty and should have spoke up for them way earlier.
Interesting. I had no idea.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What’s some of the Packs favorite songs or versions of Christmas songs.

I am in the process of making up a false but believable claim that copyrights have been infringed on several Christmas songs, and they will receive a cease and desist as I keep this case in courts for 50 years and in appeals

1) All I Want for Christmas - Mariah Carey
2) Last Christmas - George Michaels
3) Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Politics first of all.

*ahem*....it's called "selling out"

As for the ESB, read his autobiography. There is no "I" in team, but in Bruce's world, there is an "M" and an "E"

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Ghostman

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
You know how you listen to songs but really don’t pay attention to lyrics until later in life? I heard the lyric “some pumpkin pie” as “some 17’ing pie”. I thought Brenda Lee ain’t playing around.
I never appreciated this song as a kid, and it is prominently featured in Home Alone so I thought I would have. Now that I am full grown Devil I tend to appreciate things I never really understood. This song sums up Christmas for me in every possible way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login