Clarify my position On Will Rogers

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Firing Leachs staff is coming back to bite us. We are not well coached from the OC, to the O line to the DLine to the receivers.

I don’t think that can be overcome. This next game will tell us quite a bit. if we still look like an unorganized mess just flush the rest of the season.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I don't dislike him. I dislike when he plays poorly. That happens more often than not.

The real idiots on this issue are the ones who label someone a hater because they don't have anything of substance to respond with.
Drebin you do come off as a bit of a hater on this subject. Screens and check downs don't rack up a ton of yac if that is all you are running. He gets a lot of yac because he has been one of our best ever at hitting short and intermediate running receivers in stride. He also does well on the end zone corner and fade routes. His long ball sails and isn't great. He is slow as molasses. Our offensive disfunction is more on coaches though.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Not a single one of you is going to lose their job because Will is the starting QB at Mississippi State. The two guys that can lose their job are playing him over the other options. So stop trying to prove how smart you are. Obviously if we could talk Patrick Mahomes to come play at MSU, we would have a better QB, Captain Obvious. I am tired of people wanting to play someone we don't have.
The old saying, "It is what it is." Whether they like it or not our coaches have the cards they were dealt. I, also, am tired of people basically saying Will is no good if we had Cam Newton we'd be winning. Yes, every team in America would win NCs if they could recruit anyone on a whim.

We have the team of players and it is the coaches duty to use them to maximize performance. That is the part I see missing.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The old saying, "It is what it is." Whether they like it or not our coaches have the cards they were dealt. I, also, am tired of people basically saying Will is no good if we had Cam Newton we'd be winning. Yes, every team in America would win NCs if they could recruit anyone on a whim.

We have the team of players and it is the coaches duty to use them to maximize performance. That is the part I see missing.
I think the end result will have even the die hard turd polishers admitting Arnett and this staff were huge mistakes.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Will was awesome in Mike Leach's system. If Leach was still with us, Will would leave MSU as one of the most decorated QBs in college football history. It is what it is. Leach ain't with us anymore. NOBODY runs the pure Mike Leach system......now. It is an antiquated offense in any other hands. I hate it for Will. I hate it for MSU. We have to move on.
Will was serviceable in Leach’s system. You didn’t watch TT or WSU if you thought that was one of his better iterations. Will was limited and Mike got as much juice from the squeeze as he could. This year’s results shows the genius of Leach and is depressing in a way. If he won 9 with this bunch imagine what he could have done with a really good QB for his system. Damn.

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
what is a pure air raid ? I think it’s slight of hand to just avoid the topic of why change the offense when we will never have the 4 and 5 star talent to run a pro style system.

But the people who revert to this pure air raid nonsense are the same ones who bashed Leach, claimed Arnett and Barbay were great hires and we would stretch the field vertically this year etc. they’ve been wrong every step of the way.

Just about every high school in Texas runs a version of the air raid. there are many OC hires who could have maintained continuity and utilized our roster. this is what is being purposely left out. Arbuckle has WSUs offense looking incredible.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Will was serviceable in Leach’s system. You didn’t watch TT or WSU if you thought that was one of his better iterations. Will was limited and Mike got as much juice from the squeeze as he could. This year’s results shows the genius of Leach and is depressing in a way. If he won 9 with this bunch imagine what he could have done with a really good QB for his system. Damn.
Yep, if you watch some highlights of Minshew in 2018 you see it, Parson would have been great in it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login