Coaching issues summed up

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
Kiffin et al obviously saw something about how aggressive we were on 3rd downs and they got Dart to go with the hard count - especially on 3rd downs.

Our coaching staff had no answer - not even as the game wore on.

And, like everyone else, I'm tired of hearing Beamer say things like "we've got to coach better" and "it's on us" and whatever else. Why do we pay anyone millions of dollars to lay eggs on Saturdays? Why don't we pay them by the win? Or by some other metric of performance? If you produce mediocrity on the field, you should be paid like a mediocre coach instead of like one of the best in the sport.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Didn't the announcers say we have, like, the 3rd most seniors on the team in the nation? We play the same schedule next year, except in reverse regarding location. Can you imagine how bad we will be next season? What a mess of a program, thanks to the former players and the Board of Trustees who pushed for the Beamer hire.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I wonder what bama, vol and mizzou fans are saying today about their coaches and teams! Some of the best coaches in the game losing to teams they were favored to beat by double digits, sans Mizzou!

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Good point, many favored teams got beat and we are crying about not beating a better team. Say what you want about his coaching, but without Rattler, this was always a rebuilding year. Yes, last year was not good either, but no one should be surprised about this year. We either give him one more year or end it now. I would give it one more year at this point, but still a lot of football to play

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Good point, many favored teams got beat and we are crying about not beating a better team. Say what you want about his coaching, but without Rattler, this was always a rebuilding year. Yes, last year was not good either, but no one should be surprised about this year. We either give him one more year or end it now. I would give it one more year at this point, but still a lot of football to play
Rebuilding to what?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Didn't the announcers say we have, like, the 3rd most seniors on the team in the nation? We play the same schedule next year, except in reverse regarding location. Can you imagine how bad we will be next season? What a mess of a program, thanks to the former players and the Board of Trustees who pushed for the Beamer hire.

I almost spit out my drink when I heard that. Something like 38 seniors or something.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login