Cocks v Zips game thread

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
500 yds of offense, given up less than 150 so far, been playing the backups since the 11:00 mark. What else do you want out of this game with a backup QB starting and our RB going out before halftime. Really?
Akron is horrendous. Shouldn’t have taken until the 4th to get backups in.

• Haha
Reactions: 3USC1801

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
I guess I’ll start judging underdog games based on whether we can play backups in the 3rd quarter when , especially when our QB is , sounds reasonable…. Not. 50-7 bro

Reactions: 1vagamecock

Myrtlecock

Joined Nov 30, 1998
Jan 23, 2022
Well dang! We put the backups to the backups in and scored a few touchdowns and it got mighty quiet in here. What you reckon that's all about? If you can't say nothing bitchy just don't say nothing at all?

😅🤣😆

Just thought I would point that out. I thought that was a special moment for Beville though, that's what I really came here to say. Kid just fell apart. The whole team grabbing him and lifting him up like that shows the culture we have. That's something to be proud of guys.

Now continue whining that we didn't win by enough.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
18lsTheMan, I love you brother, but you better go see your therapist before you watch the next 3 games we have coming up. There will likely be plenty of negatives to talk about in those games.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Well dang! We put the backups to the backups in and scored a few touchdowns and it got mighty quiet in here. What you reckon that's all about? If you can't say nothing bitchy just don't say nothing at all?

😅🤣😆

Just thought I would point that out. I thought that was a special moment for Beville though, that's what I really came here to say. Kid just fell apart. The whole team grabbing him and lifting him up like that shows the culture we have. That's something to be proud of guys.

Now continue whining that we didn't win by enough.
We do what we always do in these games. We are ok at wearing down these caliber of teams as the game enters the 3rd and 4th quarter. But we can’t do what good teams do and the our the game away by halftime.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
18lsTheMan, I love you brother, but you better go see your therapist before you watch the next 3 games we have coming up. There will likely be plenty of negatives to talk about in those games.
The next three games won’t bother me so much. But Akron is terrible. For once before I die I’d like to see us put one of these teams away by halftime.

• Haha

Lawjjusc

Aug 31, 2024
I don’t care how bad Akron is, I’m just glad we scored 50 points and played our backups. Over my lifetime, the cupcake games haven’t usually worked out like that. Ashford looked a lot more confident, which makes me feel much better if he has to play moving forward.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
We did put them away by halftime, they were gased and had nothing left. In the first half we had long, time consuming drives, which is who we are. We are not a big play team, except our QB’s can take it to house on any given play. All kidding aside, I was pleased with Ashford’s play. All I heard all week from national media was that he had 10 thumbs and could only run. He threw the ball well so I feel better about us not getting blown out if Sellers can’t play. Great win tonight, but that’s all it is. Our upcoming schedule is brutal. I ‘ll need to stock up on the booze for the next 3 games.