College Gameday is going to

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The Sonic Boom and J-Settes are going to put on a show for the ages.

Jackson State University Hbcus GIF by YouTube

Jackson State University Cheer GIF by YouTube

Jackson State University College GIF by YouTube

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Is the crime that bad in the Veteran's Stadium area? Isn't JSU a relatively safe campus? I know Jackson's overall crime rate is horrific but I was thinking the bad areas were in other parts of Jackson but I haven't lived there in 30 years either. I'm happy for JSU and Jackson on this historic announcement and hoping it is pulled off with smashing success with good National Pub.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
As someone that loves Jackson, and again stepping out of character, can’t we all be happy for the city to finally have something good to happen for it? I get that it is easy to bash Jackson but in this case I say bravo to Coach Prime and the city for this bright spot in all the dark ones. I know there will be some smart *** tell me all about the problems of the city or how they hate it because of crime or whatever else, so go ahead.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Is the crime that bad in the Veteran's Stadium area? Isn't JSU a relatively safe campus? I know Jackson's overall crime rate is horrific but I was thinking the bad areas were in other parts of Jackson but I haven't lived there in 30 years either. I'm happy for JSU and Jackson on this historic announcement and hoping it is pulled off with smashing success with good National Pub.

Didn’t a Clarion Ledger sports writer catch a bullet with his SUV just outside of JSU’s campus?

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
As someone that loves Jackson, and again stepping out of character, can’t we all be happy for the city to finally have something good to happen for it? I get that it is easy to bash Jackson but in this case I say bravo to Coach Prime and the city for this bright spot in all the dark ones. I know there will be some smart *** tell me all about the problems of the city or how they hate it because of crime or whatever else, so go ahead.
It is great for the school, the SWAC, HBCUs, the city and the state. Not to mention it further puts the spotlight on Coach Prime’s brand. It should certainly be celebrated.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
JSU's campus is safe especially considering the area that surrounds it. Their security department apparently does a pretty good job.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Capacity of Memorial Stadium is just over 60k. While they haven’t completely sold out they have had 53k plus for the last games. Which is more than State. 57k for Ark is our largest attendance so far. They’re doing good

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Capacity - 64K
2022 JSU avg home attendance - 38.6K
JSU sell outs in the Prime Time Era - 0
They have had at least one sell out since Prime has been there not disputing the average.
Their attendance has been getting steadily better since Primes arrival there is no disputing that so again why can’t we be happy for an in state school in an area that badly needs good things to happen?

Quote from the article “ESPN reported Saturday’s game attendance at 62,512, representing the largest home crowd ever at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium for a Jackson State game, and ties with two other JSU/ASU matchups from 1996 and 1994”.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
What are the odds that ESPN flashes a clip of a 1960’s Rebel game in Memorial Stadium , crowd waving thousands of flags that were thrown into the stands by the cheerleaders? Then Wright Thompson will have his part talking about bourbon, and cotton fields, and how Walter Payton was his second favorite player behind Archie.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Time to showcase Jackson, MS for the country to see***

In all seriousness, it is awesome to see what Dion has done and the excitement he’s been able to build
AND WE HAVE PEEPLES IN THIS CHATROOM WHO FAIL TO SEE THE MARQUEE VALYOO OF COACH PRIME

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login