College Gameday is going to

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Hope they remove all their valuables, and leave the doors unlocked in the parking lot. Otherwise they’re going to be replacing some windows.
this is a response that is even beneath MY level of bad posts

Bad GIF by Harlem

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Good for Jackson State. They deserve it. The City of Jackson does not deserve it, but Jackson State does.

Prime is working numbers there like never before, and some (ahem) other coaches in the SWAC are a little jelly. One state over

Reactions: Ghostman

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Good for Jackson State. They deserve it. The City of Jackson does not deserve it, but Jackson State does.

Prime is working numbers there like never before, and some (ahem) other coaches in the SWAC are a little jelly. One state over
I see it the opposite.

I do not really care about JSU or Prime. Not a hater, but I kind of view them as a competitor, because they draw fans away from MSU.

But I do think the City of Jackson deserves some good things to happen to it (not the Mayor, but the citizens). Certainly had enough bad things.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Good for JSU and Prime. He’s brash to say the least but he is a man that young men in the Jackson area and statewide can look up to, even if they aren’t stellar athletes. He could have drifted into the sunset but he’s giving back. It’s a great story in the history of American athletics.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There is some serious hate going on in this thread.

If your response to JSU hosting Gameday is anything happiness for them and the city, you may want to reevaluate some things.
I think it’s going to be good because Gameday is not in the business of making places look bad and they definitely aren’t going to do it because of the potential racism claims.
But I don’t think it’s crazy to worry that the city will handle everything so poorly that it will end up harming its reputation even more. they should be good if they can just keep water running anywhere the gameday crew or crowds might go and keeping crime away from those areas for 36 to 48 hours. Wouldn’t think that would be that hard if they start planning now.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I think it’s going to be good because Gameday is not in the business of making places look bad and they definitely aren’t going to do it because of the potential racism claims.
But I don’t think it’s crazy to worry that the city will handle everything so poorly that it will end up harming its reputation even more. they should be good if they can just keep water running anywhere the gameday crew or crowds might go and keeping crime away from those areas for 36 to 48 hours. Wouldn’t think that would be that hard if they start planning now.
I have a feeling when Gameday gets through putting lipstick on Jackson you won't be able to identify what town they're in.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I will be disappointed if the guest picker anyone other than Jackie Slater, Hall Famer, 7 time pro bowls, 20 years in the NFL as an OL
That’s who I was thinking. He still does a lot with NFL Play 60 so he can promote that as well.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
It won’t happen but there is no bigger celebrity with ties to JSU than Coach Prime himself.
I’m guessing Terrel Owens. He’s been in Prime’s locker room. Coach Prime is the only reason game day is showing up. While I hope this isn’t an embarrassment, it should be entertaining for many reasons. I’m curious if JSU can show fans a good football game. I’ll say this, one of my favorite games at MSU was when JSU was in town and I sat next to The Sonic Boom tuba section.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I’m guessing Terrel Owens. He’s been in Prime’s locker room. Coach Prime is the only reason game day is showing up. While I hope this isn’t an embarrassment, it should be entertaining for many reasons. I’m curious if JSU can show fans a good football game. I’ll say this, one of my favorite games at MSU was when JSU was in town and I sat next to The Sonic Boom tuba section.
While I was living in Flowood a few years back, the Sonic Boom just so happened to roll up at the Flowood Walmart for reasons I have yet to have determined and put on a performance. I had Doug E Fresh stuck in my head for two weeks, and I honestly didn't mind it. LOL

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
AND WE HAVE PEEPLES IN THIS CHATROOM WHO FAIL TO SEE THE MARQUEE VALYOO OF COACH PRIME
It is indeed amazing what ONE MAN has done. ONE. One Man has arrived on the scene and has biatch slapped an entire conference with what was previously a historically mid tier SWAC team. I don't think it has ever happened to this degree Evah in college football. To not be syked about this is so tsun.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I do think its great they they are going. It gives an HBCU a chance to be in the lime light for a change but I dread the side stories that they will inevitably do about the Jackson water crisis to try to hint at racism.
I think you've changed my mind about whether this is a good thing. At least moved me to more 50/50. ESPN is going to highlight the historical plight of HBCU's and some of the obstacles they've faced because of racism, which is fine and just factual. I think it's a question of whether they will play it up and try to claim they are still struggling because of racism as opposed to just bad leadership and starting behind. But if they uses it as a chance to focus on the plight of HBCU's and how they don't even have reliable running water because of racism that through some undetermined channel prevented the City of Jackson from billing or collecting for water and sewer services or properly operate and maintain water and sewer assets, then it's just going to be a chance to make the state look bad.

I think ESPN's natural inclination will be the latter, but not sure they want to highlight HBCU's and also simultaneously hurt them by telling people they're still screwed because of racism rather than putting a positive spin on how they are finally past that and able to rise once they have the right leadership.

Reactions: Fritz!

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Why? Do you think cars are not broken into in Jackson? Or are they able to keep cars under rocks where the people bothered by PBRME’s post live? Same comments were made when gameday went to Memphis or when we play Memphis.
Jackson is a ******** with no redeeming qualities. And yes, I've had my car broken into there so I'll say whatever I damn please about it.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
My guest picker guess is someone from the cast of the new Black Panther Marvel movie. Premiers the second week of November and fits the HBCU storyline for this week’s show. Easy way for Disney to do some self-promotion.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I think you've changed my mind about whether this is a good thing. At least moved me to more 50/50. ESPN is going to highlight the historical plight of HBCU's and some of the obstacles they've faced because of racism, which is fine and just factual. I think it's a question of whether they will play it up and try to claim they are still struggling because of racism as opposed to just bad leadership and starting behind. But if they uses it as a chance to focus on the plight of HBCU's and how they don't even have reliable running water because of racism that through some undetermined channel prevented the City of Jackson from billing or collecting for water and sewer services or properly operate and maintain water and sewer assets, then it's just going to be a chance to make the state look bad.

I think ESPN's natural inclination will be the latter, but not sure they want to highlight HBCU's and also simultaneously hurt them by telling people they're still screwed because of racism rather than putting a positive spin on how they are finally past that and able to rise once they have the right leadership.
It’ll be the latter.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

If they go that route, I hope someone at JSU gets offended and chews them out.

Remember years ago when the JSU coach got pissed and mouthed off in the interview about the baseball equipment we let them have? Well, a lot of people called him ungrateful, and that may be true. But that wasn't the cause of his mouth-off.....it was because the announcer was talking down to him. I loved it, and didn't feel disrespected (as an MSU fan) at all. I like it when people take up for themselves.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login