Congrats to the Cowboys on actually beating a team with a pulse.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well, we know who the Philadelphia fan on the board is
Sf 49Ers Niners GIF by San Francisco 49ers

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This game has huge NFC 5-seed implications.

Says a lot about Dallas’ coaching that they have by far the hugest overall points scored differential in the league, yet they were still completely out of their divisional race before Thanksgiving. Its pretty hard to do both of those things simultaneously, but Mike McCarthey sure as hell figured it out.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
This game has huge NFC 5-seed implications.

Says a lot about Dallas’ coaching that they have by far the hugest overall points scored differential in the league, yet they were still completely out of their divisional race before Thanksgiving. Its pretty hard to do both of those things simultaneously, but Mike McCarthey sure as hell figured it out.
Without two choke jobs by Kansas City and Buffalo, Dallas would be in 1st place in the conference right now.

Both Dallas and Philly could be 10-3 in 10 days.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Without two choke jobs by Kansas City and Buffalo, Dallas would be in 1st place in the conference right now.

Both Dallas and Philly could be 10-3 in 10 days.
Well, those choke jobs happened. The problem is that Philly’s about guaranteed to hold all tiebreakers over Dallas. They are undefeated within the division and within the NFC, whereas Dallas already has three NFC losses. It was curtains for Dallas’ divisional chances when Philly took down KC on the road.

The only way Dallas can win the division is for 10-1 Philadelphia to lose 3 more games against teams with a combined 27-32 record, and at the same time a 9-3 Dallas has to win out against teams with a 36-21 combined record (including 3 division leaders). It ain’t happening. That Arizona loss was absolutely killer, and inexcusable. And they blew their one chance to make up for it when they couldn’t finish against Philly on the road.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Playing 3 NFL games in 11 days is not easy. Winning all 3 no matter who it is is even harder. Diehard here but still have Philly and Niners ahead of us.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Well, those choke jobs happened. The problem is that Philly’s about guaranteed to hold all tiebreakers over Dallas. They are undefeated within the division and within the NFC, whereas Dallas already has three NFC losses. It was curtains for Dallas’ divisional chances when Philly took down KC on the road.

The only way Dallas can win the division is for 10-1 Philadelphia to lose 3 more games against teams with a combined 27-32 record, and at the same time a 9-3 Dallas has to win out against teams with a 36-21 combined record (including 3 division leaders). It ain’t happening. That Arizona loss was absolutely killer, and inexcusable. And they blew their one chance to make up for it when they couldn’t finish against Philly on the road.
Philly is about to lose 3 straight to NFC teams Book it

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Philly is about to lose 3 straight to NFC teams Book it
Only if they outlaw the tush push.

I honestly think the tush push has won at least 3 games for them this season…between goal line plays and 4th down conversions between the 40’s.

I believe they have converted all of them but 3 this season. Ima find the stat

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wishful thinking but I’ll be shocked if the 49ers beat them Sunday.
I’m picking San Francisco. They hit a small wall already and are bouncing back. I believe Philly has been lucky in games and SF is NOT a team I would want to play right now.

Dallas found out they can play and win the tougher games.

December is going to be fun.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What’s more disconcerting is the fact a farmer from DeSoto county Mississippi picks a team from the San Francisco Bay Area as his go to.

I wouldn’t wear that on my sleeve at the next Delta Council meeting.
Well, to be fair, the Dixie Stars folded. They had a useless offense and a coward on defense.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What’s more disconcerting is the fact a farmer from DeSoto county Mississippi picks a team from the San Francisco Bay Area as his go to.

I’ve been a fan since I was a kid when Montana and Rice played. You know that guy from Mississippi….

I wish Dak all the success but I don’t have any interest in ever pulling for the Cowboys.

I don’t have anything to do with Delta Council and never will so no problems there.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dallas is getting hot on this stretch hopefully they keep it up. Tough stretch. Receivers and dak are on same page right now and line is healthy for a change.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Only the fifth game in NFL history without a punt by either team.
I don’t know how this compares to the average, but 257 yards of combined penalties has to be dang near some kind of record, and I don’t think that includes the ones that were declined. There were flags everywhere last night

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m picking San Francisco. They hit a small wall already and are bouncing back. I believe Philly has been lucky in games and SF is NOT a team I would want to play right now.

Dallas found out they can play and win the tougher games.

December is going to be fun.
Phillys defense is good enough to disrupt Purdy which doesn’t take much. You pressure him a couple of times and it’s over with his poise. They’ve got some injuries in the secondary too that I think Philly will take advantage of. With all the talent they have compiled on the line it’s a little disappointing how they’ve been on defense.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
OK. Is Dallas also going to win the next 5?

Very unlikely, but they might be favored in all of them.

I think you're right in your assessment of the situation, but if Philly loses this weekend and Dallas can find a way vs them at home, it at least gets really interesting.

The Dallas O is really clicking right now, but the D's disappearing act vs good teams is a major issue.

And yes, that Arizona loss will likely ruin their season in the end by keeping them from home field in the playoffs.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Very unlikely, but they might be favored in all of them.

I think you're right in your assessment of the situation, but if Philly loses this weekend and Dallas can find a way vs them at home, it at least gets really interesting.

The Dallas O is really clicking right now, but the D's disappearing act vs good teams is a major issue.

And yes, that Arizona loss will likely ruin their season in the end by keeping them from home field in the playoffs.
If the boys can start ending crucial drives with TDs rather than FGs, they'd be unbeatable. Obviously, penalties at the worst time are a part of that.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I'm a Niners because of Montana and Rice. I grew up in Memphis in the 80s. Who was I supposed to cheer for? The Falcons or Saints or Cardinals? Christ...

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Phillys defense is good enough to disrupt Purdy which doesn’t take much. You pressure him a couple of times and it’s over with his poise. They’ve got some injuries in the secondary too that I think Philly will take advantage of. With all the talent they have compiled on the line it’s a little disappointing how they’ve been on defense.
AFC & NFC are both setting up for an entertaining December.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

Only two things need to happen for Dallas to win the East:
  1. Dallas wins out
  2. Philly loses two more games (outside of the Dallas game)
I think the more unlikely of the two is Dallas winning out. And I believe Dallas beats Philly a week from Sunday. The following two road games at Buffalo and Miami are best opportunities for a loss.

But regardless of who wins the East, I think the winner will be #1 and the runner-up will be #5. I believe #5 will go on the road and beat the NFC South winner, which sets up an NFC East Divisional Round game. Home field is huge, but either team can win that game, so not winning the East doesn't kill the season for either team imo.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Only two things need to happen for Dallas to win the East:
  1. Dallas wins out
  2. Philly loses two more games (outside of the Dallas game)
That’s not 2 things, that’s 7 things.

I think the more unlikely of the two is Dallas winning out. And I believe Dallas beats Philly a week from Sunday. The following two road games at Buffalo and Miami are best opportunities for a loss.

Dallas also has to win at Detroit. They play 3 division leaders (Detroit, Philly, Miami) and a pretty good Buffalo team as 4 of the 5 games. Their schedule is pretty difficult.

But regardless of who wins the East, I think the winner will be #1 and the runner-up will be #5. I believe #5 will go on the road and beat the NFC South winner, which sets up an NFC East Divisional Round game. Home field is huge, but either team can win that game, so not winning the East doesn't kill the season for either team imo.
Dallas not winning the division puts them on the road likely against SF and Philadelphia in some order. The winner of that SF-Philly game will have some momentum towards that 1-seed. Winning both on the road and getting to the SB will be damn near impossible. We’ve already seen twice in the past 12 months how poorly Dallas matches up with SF…..especially on the road.

My side rant is that the NFL playoff format blows. A team that potentially goes 14-3 shouldn’t have to play every playoff game on the road when you have teams like the Bucs winning awful divisions and then hosting with a losing record. Division winners should be assured a berth, but by no means should they automatically receive the top 4 seeds. You only play 6 of 17 games against your division opponents anyway….and with only 4 teams per division its very easy for mediocre teams from bad divisions to be rewarded.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That’s not 2 things, that’s 7 things.

Dallas also has to win at Detroit. They play 3 division leaders (Detroit, Philly, Miami) and a pretty good Buffalo team as 4 of the 5 games. Their schedule is pretty difficult.

Dallas not winning the division puts them on the road likely against SF and Philadelphia in some order. The winner of that SF-Philly game will have some momentum towards that 1-seed. Winning both on the road and getting to the SB will be damn near impossible. We’ve already seen twice in the past 12 months how poorly Dallas matches up with SF…..especially on the road.
I'm not sure what you're arguing. I'm saying Dallas can still win the division, though unlikely. I guess you are saying it's impossible? Ok.

And fwiw Dallas doesn't travel to Detroit. Detroit travels to Dallas.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Oiliers, obviously. D’uh.*****
I did kinda pulled for the Oilers a little too. I liked Warren Moon and the uniforms. Moon threw the most perfect spiral almost every pass. I hated it when they choked against Buffalo in the playoffs.

Reactions: eckie1

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not sure what you're arguing. I'm saying Dallas can still win the division, though unlikely. I guess you are saying it's impossible? Ok.

And fwiw Dallas doesn't travel to Detroit. Detroit travels to Dallas.
You are correct that they are not mathematically eliminated. Just like MSU wasn’t mathematically eliminated from winning the West even after losing to USC, LSU, and Bama. But for all practical purposes, they were done. Too much has to align for it work in the real world.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Until the Cowboys can prove otherwise, their ceiling is divisional round and no further.
Agreed. Won’t be Dak’s fault, either. But he’ll get the blame somehow or another when he “only” throws for 240 / 1 / 0 against SF or Philly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login