Congrats to the Ole Miss Rebels for winning the CWS and being only

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Did the OU catcher get paid off to throw the game? We may never know.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
They also played a grand total of one game against a top 8 seed. Incredible stroke of luck there.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Makes you wonder if there's something wrong with the format, but then again, I'm like 17 that, that is what makes this the greatest tournament on the planet.

Arloguthrie

Nov 3, 2012
Thank you! Only a few short weeks ago, no one thought this ragtag group of underdogs would go anywhere. It's like the Bad News Bears, except they lost in the finals, whereas we won the National Championship. Huzzah!

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Its essentially the equivalent of an 11 or 12 seed winning the NCAA basketball tournament.
Looking back at their schedule, they were expected to be a national seed preseason. Couldn't you maybe chalk it up to the SEC being brutal (as far as playing each other), and then Tennessee? I don't think Ole Miss is your true cinderella, in the typical sense, like a Fresno or Coastal. More like Virginia 2015, who was good, and had potential, the whole year, just had kinda underachieved in a tough conference.

There is absolutely no question that the SEC was the best by a country mile this season, and a bunch of good teams beat each other up. Tennessee just flat out choked, because had they made Omaha, they win it, just like Arkansas last year. More teams choke in Supers than in Omaha, in my estimation. Once those true juggernauts get there, hard to stop them, especially in this new era. Oregon State 2018 is another - buzzsaw.

If Vandy had choked vs. Duke in 2019 like they should have until Rocker threw the game of his life, we'd have won that title too. You have to get lucky sometimes. We wouldn't have made it to the finals in 2013 had Vandy not choked vs. Louisville.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Makes you wonder if there's something wrong with the format, but then again, I'm like 17 that, that is what makes this the greatest tournament on the planet.

It's better than the basketball tournament.

Baseball is just different than football and basketball. Football is just dominated by talent. Teams can get hot in basketball but it's still mostly about talent. You have one game upsets, but if you played a 3 game series, you would have huge upsets less often and very rarely with a 5 game series.

With baseball, anybody can hit well for a few games and there's no real way to do anything but identify the hottest team at the end of the year unless you're going to do something like play 5 game series. And then you throw in the fact that you have pitchers that don't just get hot, but that are still developing and actually have things fall into place in the playoffs and make the team significantly better in the post season. MSU and Ole Miss benefitted from that I think (although it didn't make us better as much as it allowed us to survive McLeod falling off at the end of the year). Ole Miss's run was just so crazy because they had the talent and potential and legitimately got red hot, and then also were fortunate to have the top teams flame out before seeing them.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thank you! Only a few short weeks ago, no one thought this ragtag group of underdogs would go anywhere. It's like the Bad News Bears, except they lost in the finals, whereas we won the National Championship. Huzzah!

You guys had a few players not the cover off the ball but your title is a result of pitching for sure. Your pitchers were ungodly good in the tournament.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
One of these days you will have a 30 for 30 made about it. The first 20 minutes will be about how many TikTok followers they had, and each player's favorite dugout dance, but still.

I gradulate the Reba on a memorable. Season.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
“ Oregon State 2018 is another - buzzsaw.”
That saw got awful lucky with the 3 stooges dropping a foul ball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login