Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
tough ending for Venezuela

something you don't see too often, but a card is supposed to be given

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
wow, Uruguay takes out Brazil on PKs!!!!!!!

They were down a player for the last 15 or so minutes.

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
There are some components to this (the "flopping"):

1. Unless you've played soccer for years, it's hard to comprehend how much it can hurt to get struck in the leg -- most of the the time when you're not expecting it and/or getting fouled.

Does it hurt more than this?

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
How Uruguay didn’t score playing a man advantage for the entire second half…
Pure heart by Colombia in defending. Uruguay didn't really generate the chances you think they would being a man up. Colombia will give Argentina everything they can handle and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off an upset there. It's a really talented team with a huge desire to win. Sunday will be a fun day for sure with the Euro Final at 3pm and the COPA at 8pm.

Reactions: LionJim

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
The scenes in the stands at the end of that game were disturbing. Players rushing to protect their family members?
You can take the soccer out of S. America, but CONMEBOL is still going to CONMEBOL. It's pure chaos.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The scenes in the stands at the end of that game were disturbing. Players rushing to protect their family members?
Lol, I was thinking that they needed to play last night’s game in a stadium with a moat.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Pure heart by Colombia in defending. Uruguay didn't really generate the chances you think they would being a man up. Colombia will give Argentina everything they can handle and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off an upset there. It's a really talented team with a huge desire to win. Sunday will be a fun day for sure with the Euro Final at 3pm and the COPA at 8pm.
Way too much Ticky Tacky trying to find the perfect spot to shoot passes combined with several really bad decisions trying to blast a ball through a defender one foot off the ball. They never could spread Columbia and get a great lane. They hole Columbia collapsed, so did Uruguay. They should have let it ripped and followed rebounds.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Way too much Ticky Tacky trying to find the perfect spot to shoot passes combined with several really bad decisions trying to blast a ball through a defender one foot off the ball. They never could spread Columbia and get a great lane. They hole Columbia collapsed, so did Uruguay. They should have let it ripped and followed rebounds.
To Colombia's credit they shut down shooting lanes and won the balls in the box. When they went to a back 5 Uruguay didn't do much of anything in the air as Colombia was first to every ball. You could see it on the field and on the sideline which team wanted it more.

Reactions: Tgar and LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
To Colombia's credit they shut down shooting lanes and won the balls in the box. When they went to a back 5 Uruguay didn't do much of anything in the air as Colombia was first to every ball. You could see it on the field and on the sideline which team wanted it more.
Yeah, the TV close ups of the fights for the ball in the corners told the story. Impressive.

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Even crazier. Heard a guy come on a radio show and recommended placing a bet on a red card in this game at about 3 to 1. I thought those odds sounded low so I passed.
Really, Uruguay came in having played very physical up to last night. (I thought of the Queens Park Rangers last night.) Columbia matched that physicality, did not back down.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Question here, I thought last nights match was ugly as hell, an inferior game to what is seen in EPL. Thoughts?

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Really, Uruguay came in having played very physical up to last night. (I thought of the Queens Park Rangers last night.) Columbia matched that physicality, did not back down.
I think that was all part of his handicap. That and the fact that they apparently hate each other.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Question here, I thought last nights match was ugly as hell, an inferior game to what is seen in EPL. Thoughts?
It was, but a normal league match doesn't have the same intensity as a COPA semi-final. They are physical, foul driven, and very hacky games played with a ton of emotion. Similar to a Derby which isn't always the best football around.

Reactions: LionJim

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
And that last corner effort by Uruguay was the biggest waste ever in tournament soccer.

Alphabets

Oct 12, 2021
There's no way we can host a WC in less than 2 years. People will die. It's humiliating. I wouldn't take my family to a city hosting a game, let alone the stadium itself. Shambles.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
There's no way we can host a WC in less than 2 years. People will die. It's humiliating. I wouldn't take my family to a city hosting a game, let alone the stadium itself. Shambles.
We will...and everything will be ok (both at the stadiums, and in the cities).

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login