Crazy to me to see how all the talking heads….

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
…..are now saying there’s so much excitement and fun going on in practice, that wasn’t there there last year. Are you kidding me? The water toting was at an all time high this time last year. I even saw Rosey say that Arnett didn’t look confident at SEC media days, and they were all blowing him a year ago. It’s insane.

I’m too old for the BS, man. I don’t know what Lebby will do but you guys who pay for subscriptions, holy shlt. Just recognize the reality. The business of this stuff goes well beyond NIL.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
David Byrne Dancing GIF

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It's like clockwork any time we bring in a new coach. We're suddenly disciplined, ready to strain, and put in the work! Guys are showing up 30 min early to practice and leaving 30 min late! It's like the Remember the Titans LEFT SIDE STRONG SIDE scene lived out in a real life!

I'll wait to see the this with my own two eyes before making any judgment

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It's like clockwork any time we bring in a new coach. We're suddenly disciplined, ready to strain, and put in the work! Guys are showing up 30 min early to practice and leaving 30 min late! It's like the Remember the Titans LEFT SIDE STRONG SIDE scene lived out in a real life!

I'll wait to see the this with my own two eyes before making any judgment
BREAKING: message board poster says they will wait to evaluate team until they see it with their own two eyes.

More at 10:00

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
…..are now saying there’s so much excitement and fun going on in practice, that wasn’t there there last year. Are you kidding me? The water toting was at an all time high this time last year. I even saw Rosey say that Arnett didn’t look confident at SEC media days, and they were all blowing him a year ago. It’s insane.

I’m too old for the BS, man. I don’t know what Lebby will do but you guys who pay for subscriptions, holy shlt. Just recognize the reality. The business of this stuff goes well beyond NIL.
Remember that preseason interview with Rosebowl, some lady interviewing him. if I remember right she asked him if 8 games was a reasonable amount of wins and he said no that was the floor. I could swear he predicted 10 wins last season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve been through this enough to know that every new coach is the best thing ever before he’s coached his first game. We won’t know anything until after the Florida game at the earliest. At least not anything good.

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024

Some folks act like Rosebowl got his nickname by being a top notch prognosticator....

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
BREAKING: message board poster says they will wait to evaluate team until they see it with their own two eyes.

More at 10:00
Ok, let me put it another way. When this team is predicted to win more than 5 games, I'll think about listening to all this off season kum ba ya rhetoric. Until then, it's just some combination of self promotion and hunting for clicks. I still vividly remember John Blake talking about all the unbelievable talent that we had in '03 prior to going 2-10

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Remember that preseason interview with Rosebowl, some lady interviewing him. if I remember right she asked him if 8 games was a reasonable amount of wins and he said no that was the floor. I could swear he predicted 10 wins last season.
Wow. Just curious, what's Rosie's opinion on his nickname? Does he accept it? Last year's prediction now this shows he certainly doesn't run from it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve been through this enough to know that every new coach is the best thing ever before he’s coached his first game. We won’t know anything until after the Florida game at the earliest. At least not anything good.
We knew about Arnett after the FCS opening game. It’s wasn’t when it won’t work.

Ask Croom.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
We knew about Arnett after the FCS opening game. It’s wasn’t when it won’t work.

Ask Croom.
Arnett win that game 48-7. I started having doubts in the 2nd half of the Arizona game. It was pretty obvious after South Carolina.

edit: but you’re right. There were signs even in the SE LA game. If there’s such a thing as an ugly 48-7 win, that was one.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dude, you should hear Little Rock Arkansas sports talk shows. The Razorbacks would roll the KC Chiefs every preseason.
They won’t be that good. But Petrino is a top offensive coordinator. That will be a very tough game for us. One thing for sure, it won’t be 7-3 this year with Petrino & Lebby.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
They won’t be that good. But Petrino is a top offensive coordinator. That will be a very tough game for us. One thing for sure, it won’t be 7-3 this year with Petrino & Lebby.
Listened to bratton on sec podcast. Arkansas offense is going to be pretty good. Good D line good secondary. Questionable linebackers. They are picking them to beat oklahoma State and roll into Auburn 3-0.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Arnett win that game 48-7. I started having doubts in the 2nd half of the Arizona game. It was pretty obvious after South Carolina.

edit: but you’re right. There were signs even in the SE LA game. If there’s such a thing as an ugly 48-7 win, that was one.
Yes they were having trouble first half with SELA , Western Michigan dominated for much of the game. It was like watching pee wee football.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I think that many people were hopeful that the offense would be more than a one trick pony. Nobody had any clue that Marks couldn’t hit a hole, the ol would be total trash and the elimination of the dreaded splits wouldn’t matter. All this rhetoric about the RTGDF people wanted to totally flip the offense is ridiculous. People just wanted an offense that could put up more than 80 yards rushing per game and the RB didn’t have to catch 100 swing passes. Unfortunately Arnept had no clue, Barbary didn’t know how to call an offense and Noodle continued to noodle. It was a perfect storm of crap and we saw offensive levels not seen since Crooms

Reactions: Yeti

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
I’ve been an ardent supporter since 1957. Went through the Shira debacle in the late 60’s. Was at the 74-0 game in Houston in 69. Seen the optimism over and over again. Year after year. There’s always lots of hype, but usually there’s disappointment at the end. This year, it seems there’s even less possibility. Don’t get your hopes up.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think that many people were hopeful that the offense would be more than a one trick pony. Nobody had any clue that Marks couldn’t hit a hole, the ol would be total trash and the elimination of the dreaded splits wouldn’t matter. All this rhetoric about the RTGDF people wanted to totally flip the offense is ridiculous. People just wanted an offense that could put up more than 80 yards rushing per game and the RB didn’t have to catch 100 swing passes. Unfortunately Arnept had no clue, Barbary didn’t know how to call an offense and Noodle continued to noodle. It was a perfect storm of crap and we saw offensive levels not seen since Crooms
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Speak for yourself assclown. “Nobody had any clue”. BULLLLLLSHIZZZ

“Gotz to muh runz da bawl mane”

“Gotz to have muh BaLaNcE”

Reasonable people knew that we had a real, elite coach in 2022. We replaced him in MSU fashion with a guy who thought he could do it better and had the support of the mouth breathers, mainly because we were scared we’d lose him. So Miss Stake.

We’d have been better with Spurrier Jr running the show and Jett Johnson calling the defense from the huddle.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
It will forever mystify me the way people get so hung up on how we get yards. A yard is a yard. Who gives a **** if it's a rushing yard or a passing yard? Our soon-to-be Hall of Fame head coach realized that it didn't matter.

But yeah, so many football 'experts' knew more than the guy who'd had success everywhere he went.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I had a feeling when everyone but our media did not have high hopes for that team. I think a big difference in Lebby is the national media actually likes the hire.
National media never thinks we're going to be any good. They didn't even give us much hype in 2014. If I remember correctly, many picked us to go 6-6 even in 2015.

We would have been a good team last year with Leach. The problem, as we all know, is that Hard Head Arnett and his brigade thought they were the reason those Leach teams were good, so they changed everything, and look what we got. And all the media and most of our fans just ate it up.....right until that opening game.

Now, we're hearing that everything has changed, etc., yet again, and things were so bad last year. The only truth in the whole deal is that it's all bullshlt.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
National media never thinks we're going to be any good. They didn't even give us much hype in 2014. If I remember correctly, many picked us to go 6-6 even in 2015.

We would have been a good team last year with Leach. The problem, as we all know, is that Hard Head Arnett and his brigade thought they were the reason those Leach teams were good, so they changed everything, and look what we got. And all the media and most of our fans just ate it up.....right until that opening game.

Now, we're hearing that everything has changed, etc., yet again, and things were so bad last year. The only truth in the whole deal is that it's all bullshlt.
As I've said before, we're rarely as bad as they say we're going to be or as good as we think we're going to be.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
The only concrete thing to assess was the Spring game and based on that we did look tons better than anything we did last year (including last year's Spring game). Beyond that, its all hyperbole until we actually start playing games. So just take everything with a grain of salt until the season starts.

Reactions: Mjoelner

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We killed Leach? LOL
His offense had gone backwards and so had his recruiting. It was a bad situation all the way around.
Wins are the ultimate statistic, 4 in a COVID year playing freshman with an all sec schedule, 7-6 4-4 sec in first full season, 9-4 4-4 in his second full season.
Not quite the disaster you are Claiming.

Dan only exceeded 4-4 once in 9 years Of sec play.

Leach did this in the portal, nIL era. how many years do you think it will take for this program to get back to 9-4 ?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Wins are the ultimate statistic, 4 in a COVID year playing freshman with an all sec schedule, 7-6 4-4 sec in first full season, 9-4 4-4 in his second full season.
Not quite the disaster you are Claiming.

Dan only exceeded 4-4 once in 9 years Of sec play.

Leach did this in the portal, nIL era. how many years do you think it will take for this program to get back to 9-4 ?
He beat Tulsa, Vandy, and MO in the Covid year along with having a DC at LSU who got fired for being stupid. There was nothing special there.
He couldn't score on Alabama and a beat teams with coaching changes coming and going on. He didn't beat good teams he just had a better schedule with coaching turnover. Struggled with KY & OM and we won't talk about Memphis. He also didn't win 9 games as a coach at State. He finished with a losing conference record like everybody else. Mullen got an insane SEC with an AL dynasty.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We killed Leach? LOL
His offense had gone backwards and so had his recruiting. It was a bad situation all the way around.
Mike Leach died tragically nearly 2 years ago. He’s no longer with us.
Ya'll quit being clowns. I'm talking about after Leach died. All the mouth breathers were so happy that their pet Arnett, who by damn was the main reason Leach won, was going to get to take over so we could RuN dA bAwL again and correct all the problems we had during the Leach regime.

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

And the idea that Leach was going backwards and and his recruiting was suffering was the biggest load of horseshlt told during that time. The only thing that wasn't going well was his health, as we all found out, and that was a quick deterioration. Everything else with the program was just fine, except for our mouth breathing fan support who couldn't handle anything different.

Remember - this fanbase wanted Mullen gone, less than a year before 2014 started.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login