CWS is now MCWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What if that one super girl comes along and makes a men's baseball team. What then?

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
It will be weird getting used to, but I'm not that horrified. Now, if they throw in one more description, like Identifies or that ****... I'm out. But trans folks only make up less than 1% of the population so should be safe for a while before they can field a good team.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
It did last year.

And has 3 of the last 6 years. Honestly, it should to some extent given the uneven promotion and channel slots the WCWS receives from ESPN.
However, I don’t know if that will hold true this year. You have several large fan bases for the team in Omaha, and the NBA Finals aren’t competing for eyes like some years.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
Men’s and Women’s

Can’t be Disney. That’s nowhere close to being woke enough for them.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So 17ing stupid. Im about to turn it off. It's really bothering me for some reason.

Oh noes! Mah delahcut sensabilties!

However will ah cope with having the College Worl’ Serras played bah Men henceforth named tha Men’s College Worl’ Serras.

I’m gon’ puke yall.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Because ESPN/Disney and there's a WCWS so....
Pretty sure that originated from the NCAA and not Disney.

After the PR hit where they gave the women’s basketball tournament a bench, a beach towel, and a set of dumbbells that would be the laughingstock of any hotel gym while they gave the men’s tournament an entire massive weight room, the NCAA has been doing things like this to give the facade of equal treatment. For example, this year, “Men’s” was added to the “Final Four” name and women were allowed to use the term “March Madness” on their courts and branding.

It’s not a bad thing.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Damn. Some of y’all get triggered by the stupidest ****. Oh God, the letter M is in front of the CWS acronym now. I can’t watch it anymore ***

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
With OM in it, they didn’t want there to be any confusion.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Because ESPN/Disney and there's a WCWS so....

I noticed that too.

They should call it the CBWS (College Baseball World Series) and the CSWS (College Softball World Series).

Wouldn't that be easier and more accurate, regardless of the sex/gender of the players?

However, doing that would not result in driving a wedge between the American people.

Divide and conquer.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
That is inaccurate. The "men's" leagues are open leagues. There is not a restriction on females being able to play in any of those leagues. If one is good enough, she can play. It's like the US Open. It is already open to all.

Only "women's" sports are restricted. That is until now with these morons.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It’s always entertaining how several posters love to mock those tired of unnecessary changes made to appease those wanting unnecessary changes yet those posters won’t mock those wanting the unnecessary changes. Quite a double standard.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It’s always entertaining how several posters love to mock those tired of unnecessary changes made to appease those wanting unnecessary changes yet those posters won’t mock those wanting the unnecessary changes. Quite a double standard.

You do understand there's been a WCWS for decades right? It's not a big deal. Hell, the shirts being sold still say CWS. It's simply differentiating the two on tv.
And even that still shows CWS the majority of the time. Personally, I'd just call them the baseball and softball World Series instead of M/W. But that would piss off some too.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
When Starkville hosted a regional in 2003 they were selling t shirts that said Starkville Men’s Baseball Regional. I laughed and thought it was silly since there isn’t a women’s baseball regional but I guess I should’ve posted online about it and told everyone it was the destruction of America.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Cooterpoot said:
You do understand there's been a WCWS for decades right? It's not a big deal. Hell, the shirts being sold still say CWS. It's simply differentiating the two on tv.
And even that still shows CWS the majority of the time. Personally, I'd just call them the baseball and softball World Series instead of M/W. But that would piss off some too.

I understand it. I’m not sure why you asked. Did I say I didn’t? Maybe you missed my point.

Why are you as put off by those put off by those put off by the status quo?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
FlotownDawg said:
When Starkville hosted a regional in 2003 they were selling t shirts that said Starkville Men’s Baseball Regional. I laughed and thought it was silly since there isn’t a women’s baseball regional but I guess I should’ve posted online about it and told everyone it was the destruction of America.

Overreact much?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I mock both… anyone who gets bothered by mcws is just as much of a ***** as the person who felt the need to put the M in front of cws.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

If someone ever posted on here that they were offended by "CWS" and insisted it had to be "MCWS" I can pretty much guarantee you it would set the forum record for most downvotes.

You don't see anybody roasting the people "put off by the status quo" because they aren't posting here and likely don't really exist anywhere outside of here either.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
And has 3 of the last 6 years. Honestly, it should to some extent given the uneven promotion and channel slots the WCWS receives from ESPN.
However, I don’t know if that will hold true this year. You have several large fan bases for the team in Omaha, and the NBA Finals aren’t competing for eyes like some years.
Don't be putting the truth out there

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some people get offended when the dominance of males is threatened, even by the smallest thing.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I understand it. I’m not sure why you asked. Did I say I didn’t? Maybe you missed my point.

I find society to be whining about too much useless **** in general. I also don't understand why a man would be so fearful of women. But continue with your melt over whatever it is that's upset so much. None of it really concerns me. To each their own.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
THIS

I mock both… anyone who gets bothered by mcws is just as much of a ***** as the person who felt the need to put the M in front of cws.

In Civil War II, I think both groups of hypersensitive idiots that think the world revolves around them only are going to be arguing over what letters/logos to embroider on their blouses and camo so long they won't ever make it to the actual scuffle.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Good observations. I missed those. Probably right that it's the NCAA after they were exposed with the weight room thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login