Dallas D is SAWFT!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
He’s turned a $140MM investment into a $10B franchise. And helped make the other franchises worth more along the way. I think he knows what he’s doing.
Ok, so there is nobody here that can argue that Jerry Jones has an amazing mind for showmanship, branding, and business. It's being a GM and having a good 'football' mind where he comes up short.

The two are not only incongruent, they're unrelated. Just because you know what you're doing to promote the team and the league doesn't mean you know how to evaluate and build a roster.

Is there a team in the NFL that would hire Jerry Jones as their General Manager?

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
he was at one point (i havent looked recently to see how other teams have re-negotiated salaries to clear cap room, so it might have changed) the biggest single hit to the salary cap for this season.
He is now 4th highest, and his hit is now $12 million less than what it was before he signed the new extension, as I noted above. The reason for reducing his hit this year is a huge mystery, because they passed that forward to next year and that hit is now $89 million. All it does is give them $12 million more to play with before the trade deadline if they pursue someone to make a run…..and it should be obvious that they need a lot more than just 1 player at this point. Otherwise, it’s a total waste to not just let the hit come this season. The time to actually do something productive with that $12 million was months ago when the draft and free agency were in play.

Meaning the cowboys were spending more of their cap space on Dak than anyone else in the league was putting into one player. Blame who you want.. Dak.. or Dallas..... but facts are Dallas is paying Dak to show up and play well in Big games...

Nah. They are actually paying him because his contract was up, and they had to pay his current market rate to keep him from hitting free agency since they very clearly had no Plan B at the QB position.

he laid an egg again Sunday.

379 / 2 / 0 and a rushing TD is far from an egg. Wasn’t his best game of all time, but it was certainly more than good enough to get a win at home over an 0-2 team if they had any sort of a defense whatsoever. He was the entire offense yesterday for Dallas.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He is now 4th highest, and his hit is now $12 million less than what it was before he signed the new extension, as I noted above. The reason for reducing his hit this year is a huge mystery, because they passed that forward to next year and that hit is now $89 million. All it does is give them $12 million more to play with before the trade deadline if they pursue someone to make a run…..and it should be obvious that they need a lot more than just 1 player at this point. Otherwise, it’s a total waste to not just let the hit come this season. The time to actually do something productive with that $12 million was months ago when the draft and free agency were in play.

Nah. They are actually paying him because his contract was up, and they had to pay his current market rate to keep him from hitting free agency since they very clearly had no Plan B at the QB position.

379 / 2 / 0 and a rushing TD is far from an egg. Wasn’t his best game of all time, but it was certainly more than good enough to get a win at home over an 0-2 team if they had any sort of a defense whatsoever. He was the entire offense yesterday for Dallas.
1. 4th highest-- good. They need him to play like the 4th highest. Hes not.

2. Why i even bother coming on here talking to you. GoJ-off to dak jersey later on. They scored less points than the Raiders and Gardner Minshew did against that D. The cowboys didnt even get into the red zone until there were 8 mins to go in the GAME. Sorry. He laid an egg. Tom Brady said it was a Dak game. Thats how Dak performs in big games and why cowboys fans loathe him and why many across the league continue to say he's not a championship QB.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He threw for 379 yards and 2 TD's and rushed for another one.

They were 1 less Ceedee drop and/or 1 less Ceedee fumble from winning that game.
28-6 with 8 mins to go in the game... he hadnt even led his team into the red zone in 8 possessions and 3.5 quarters... sorry that aint good enough to win.

. He had a great final few drives. He played a C- game until that point. He again cant play well enough to beat good teams. He's shown this throughout his career.

However, I do wish the cowboys would just go no huddle from the start. Seems like thats the way Dak plays his best.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
28-6 with 8 mins to go in the game... he hadnt even led his team into the red zone in 8 possessions and 3.5 quarters... sorry that aint good enough to win.

. He had a great final few drives. He played a C- game until that point. He again cant play well enough to beat good teams. He's shown this throughout his career.

However, I do wish the cowboys would just go no huddle from the start. Seems like thats the way Dak plays his best.
They ended the first quarter in the red zone. That's when Ceedee fumbled.

Reactions: Chesusdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They ended the first quarter in the red zone. That's when Ceedee fumbled.
excuse me then. 8 drives. 3.5 quarters. they never ran 1 play in the red zone.

Sorry you cant go 8 drives and 3.5 quarters and have 0 TDs and 0 red zone plays... have it considered a good day if your the franchise QB and the highest paid QB in the league.... heck that aint even a medicore day.

Final 3 drives were great. But game was over at that point. Too little too late... all too often unfortunately

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He threw for 379 yards and 2 TD's and rushed for another one.

They were 1 less Ceedee drop and/or 1 less Ceedee fumble from winning that game.

You are entering into a disagreement you're likely to regret. Save yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
excuse me then. 8 drives. 3.5 quarters. they never ran 1 play in the red zone.

Sorry you cant go 8 drives and 3.5 quarters and have 0 TDs and 0 red zone plays... have it considered a good day if your the franchise QB and the highest paid QB in the league.... heck that aint even a medicore day.

Final 3 drives were great. But game was over at that point. Too little too late... all too often unfortunately
Sorry, but that's still incorrect. They ran plays from the red zone. They ran a play from the 9, which resulted in an offensive holding penalty. Then they ran another play from the 19, which was a pass to CeeDee at the 9 where he fumbled. At that point, it was 14-3. They score there and it's 14-10 and a very different ballgame.

It's like you didn't watch the game.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Sorry, but that's still incorrect. They ran plays from the red zone. They ran a play from the 9, which resulted in an offensive holding penalty. Then they ran another play from the 19, which was a pass to CeeDee at the 9 where he fumbled. At that point, it was 14-3. They score there and it's 14-10 and a very different ballgame.

My mistake-- 2 plays from the red zone in 3.5 quarters and 8 drives.

You can always nit pick 2-3 plays and say those are game changers. If the ravens recover the onside kick then the score isnt remotely close to what it is either.

End of the day. Gardner Mishew and the vaunted Raiders offense outperformed Dak and dallas. The offense vastly underperformed for the entire game. Do i blame that all on Dak? of course not.. its the entire unit, but he's the captain of the unit and the glory or blame comes with that position.

No one watching that game should come away with the fact Dak played anything close to good... or that the cowboys offense looked anything other than very mediocore

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I mean I’m just here for the fireworks I guess. A thread is started about how an alleged NFL defense gives up 274 yards rushing in a single game, and somehow one lone ranger thinks its that team’s QB that lost it for them…..

Can’t fix stupid.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I mean I’m just here for the fireworks I guess. A thread is started about how an alleged NFL defense gives up 274 yards rushing in a single game, and somehow one lone ranger thinks its that team’s QB that lost it for them…..

Can’t fix stupid.
or how the highest paid QB in the league cant lead his team to a TD for 3.5 quarters of the game.. and we think he played great.

cant fix stupid.... but then again you thought Jake Mangum was right handed

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

jstoddawg

Sep 14, 2012
Lets not call this a big game. I see both sides but if Dallas wins it certainly wouldnt have been. Dak is gonna be judged in the playoffs.....and they will make it as a wild card. Their arent that many great teams in the NFC.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I honestly haven't paid a lot of attention to his drama this season, but what was going on with him yesterday? Seemed completely unhinged for no good reason.
I would say blaming dak at every turn and your standard diva’ish behavior. Finger pointing instead of buckling down, looking in the mirror and getting it done.

Reactions: She Mate Me

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I would say blaming dak at every turn and your standard diva’ish behavior. Finger pointing instead of buckling down, looking in the mirror and getting it done.
dumpster fire by seasons end most likely.

They'll all get a reprive this week with the Giants but then its..

@ Pitt
Detroit at Home
@ San Fran
@ Atlanta
Philly at home

They could be 4-5 thru the 9 game mark.

5 games vs Giants, Washington, Carolina-- make them almost a shoe in for 9 wins though

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
1. 4th highest-- good. They need him to play like the 4th highest. Hes not.

2. Why i even bother coming on here talking to you. GoJ-off to dak jersey later on. They scored less points than the Raiders and Gardner Minshew did against that D. The cowboys didnt even get into the red zone until there were 8 mins to go in the GAME. Sorry. He laid an egg. Tom Brady said it was a Dak game. Thats how Dak performs in big games and why cowboys fans loathe him and why many across the league continue to say he's not a championship QB.
The Dallas D has gave up 70 points in 6 quarters. But yeah, Dak should've played better. Sorry for whatever he did to you, but you're off your rocker. The title of the OP says it all. If Dallas D was even mediocre, they are 3-0.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The Dallas D has gave up 70 points in 6 quarters. But yeah, Dak should've played better. Sorry for whatever he did to you, but you're off your rocker. The title of the OP says it all. If Dallas D was even mediocre, they are 3-0.
They were winning that game regardless. Baltimore dominated the game on both sides of the ball. Baltimore went into prevent mode a little at the end of the game. Had the defense played better it would have been 21-6 or 21-9. I doubt dallas even scores a TD.

Their window to win is closed. They'll struggle due to salaries and their cap position for the next 2-3 seasons. They'll survive b/c washington and new york are terribly run organizations.. but they choked their window away in the playoffs the last 5-6 years.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
For whatever reason, some people don't like Dak. We've heard it his whole career. Whenever he succeeds, it's the O-Line or Zeke or the Defense. When they don't do well, it's all Dak. Forget stats. Just trust them. Paxton Lynch is better. Carson Wentz is better.

Last year Green Bay averaged 9 yards a play on first down, but yeah, Dak can't perform in the playoffs.

Cee Dee Lamb just fumbled the ball in the red zone, but they love him. Somehow that's Dak's fault.

Micah Parsons hasn't made a play of note in months, but he's LT.

I can't figure out why people hate him, but they just do.

Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson's playoff record. Oh, we've got an excuse list a mile long for that. He's an MVP. Clearly awesome.

For whatever reason, Dak is not favored. I guess he can cry himself to sleep with all that money. Somehow I think he'll be okay.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
For whatever reason, some people don't like Dak. We've heard it his whole career. Whenever he succeeds, it's the O-Line or Zeke or the Defense. When they don't do well, it's all Dak. Forget stats. Just trust them. Paxton Lynch is better. Carson Wentz is better.

Last year Green Bay averaged 9 yards a play on first down, but yeah, Dak can't perform in the playoffs.

Cee Dee Lamb just fumbled the ball in the red zone, but they love him. Somehow that's Dak's fault.

Micah Parsons hasn't made a play of note in months, but he's LT.

I can't figure out why people hate him, but they just do.

Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson's playoff record. Oh, we've got an excuse list a mile long for that. He's an MVP. Clearly awesome.

For whatever reason, Dak is not favored. I guess he can cry himself to sleep with all that money. Somehow I think he'll be okay.
The talent on the roster has already been downgraded and will continue to be over the next few seasons. Daks contract combined with Lamb and Parsons on the way.

Its how the NFL works. You're stars either have to be super elite (mahomes) or willing to take less money to keep winning (brady) to sustain success over a long period of time.

Dallas had their window when Dak was on the rookie contract and shortly there after. Couldnt get it done in the playoffs. Similar to the Chargers, they could afford their D, Allen, Williams, Eckler, and company when Herbert was on his rookie deal.. they've slowly all had to leave. Same will happen with Dallas.

BTW: Think Lamar has caught plenty of critizism for not winning in the playoffs. However he's been to an AFC championship game a few times.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
That’s fine. Do you care to address the fact that your assessment of Dak being a “$240MM QB” when the 2024 roster was put together was completely false?
My post read like this: “When you’re paying your QB $240MM, it’s hard to go on a shopping spree.”

I believe that to be true. Have a nice day.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
My post read like this: “When you’re paying your QB $240MM, it’s hard to go on a shopping spree.”

I believe that to be true. Have a nice day.
and its fact. Jerry said they couldnt afford Henry. its true. If Dak wants a running game, take a few million less. Brady did.

Im sure the other side of the coin is manage your money better.. and thats fair... but there are bad contracts all in the NFL.

Either way. Pay a QB big money. The rest of the roster will suffer. So that QB better be really really good at working with talent that isnt elite. Cant pay a QB record breaking money then complain about not having an All-pro talent oozing out the seems at other positions.