Dammit, Dak! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Why risk your great reputation, fan-following, etc., by jumping on board the toxic Bud Light sinking ship? Can't imagine this works out good for him in the long run. You know it will absolutely turn a large chunk of fans against him.

Sorry, but really dumb move. If his agent ok'd this, that agent should be fired.

Last edited:

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
GIF by Bud Light

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Why risk your great reputation, fan-following, etc., by jumping on board the toxic Bud Light sinking ship? Can't imagine this works out good for him in the long wrong. You know it will absolutely turn a large chunk of fans against him.

Sorry, but really dumb move. If his agent ok'd this, that agent should be fired.
Also interesting that Miller is a big sponsor of the Boys. I’m sure he and Barkley and lots of other people are getting paid a ridiculous amount as they try to save the brand, but I’m not sure this is the best move for Dak. I’m sure there’s gonna be a lot of Broke Dak Mountain memes.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Why risk your great reputation, fan-following, etc., by jumping on board the toxic Bud Light sinking ship? Can't imagine this works out good for him in the long wrong. You know it will absolutely turn a large chunk of fans against him.

You guys gotta move on… if you don’t want to drink bud light then don’t drink bud light but quit making it weird for people who just don’t give a **** or for some reason like bud light.

But as for Dak, he probably got paid fairly well for the advertisement. Bud light pays me what they paid him, I’ll make a commercial drinking a bud light out of one the cans with the trans dude on it.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
My pharmacist had the audacity to put a sign in his yard supporting the guy I didn't vote for for City Council, so I won't spend money with him. The doctor I go to said Russia isn't that bad, so he is obviously an idiot and can't be a good doctor. The preacher at my church said it was ok to accept your gay son if you have one, so I left that church. My neighbors don't celebrate Christmas, and I can't associate with people who have declared war on Jesus. The grocery store sells condoms which I don't believe in, so I can't go there. Now I'm just an unmedicated, untreated, isolated, hungry dick head who can't seem to grasp the concept that everyone isn't going to agree with me, and that's ok.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I don't disagree it's a bad look. Throw in the fact that the Cowboys don't do anything with BL (they are strictly Miller Lite and always have been), and the fact that it gives just one more reason to beat on poor Dak, I would have steered to something else entirely. Bad marketing decision on his part, given the market he's in.

Surely there's some more money to be made in European poop yogurt or something....

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've never cared about the Bud Light stuff.

It was funny watching Kid Rock shoot cans, though (that he obviously paid for).

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022

Sorry, but really dumb move. If his agent ok'd this, that agent should be fired
Why you hate Budlight so much? Dak really should have run it by you

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
You guys gotta move on… if you don’t want to drink bud light then don’t drink bud light but quit making it weird for people who just don’t give a **** or for some reason like bud light.

But as for Dak, he probably got paid fairly well for the advertisement. Bud light pays me what they paid him, I’ll make a commercial drinking a bud light out of one the cans with the trans dude on it.
**** for that much money they could film me drinking Bud Light WITH the trans dude.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I don't drink Bud Light although I've had a few over the years. I did like the backlash to that minstrel-show fraud pretending to be the biggest stereotype of a 14-year-old girl picked by some nitwit SJW marketing boss as the new face of the brand. That was pretty awesome. That's how it's done. Don't just post memes to own the libz. Punish them financially. Dak can do what he wants. I still like Dak.

Reactions: Maroon13

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Between this heatwave and that Bud Light commercial, all you snowflakes are having a rough summer.

I enjoy a Budweiser from time to time, but generally just stick to Miller. Bud Light needs to consider going to a retro can, akin to what they did with Natural Light and what Miller did a decade ago or so. I could probably be convinced to switch back to Bud Light for the nostalgia of drinking out of one of these again.....

download.jpg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

I bet if you take this to Outkick or the FoxNews comments section, you will find plenty of people who are still vocally outraged 4.5 months later.

A quick rundown of crap I care about showed this comes in at #147 right now. You should feel very good that this is what's atop your outrage list.

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
I think any State alum should make as much as they can as quickly as they can (as long as it is legal). I feel the BL hate has already peaked and fewer and fewer people will care so it probably has minimal impact on his reputation. Not to mention it is hard to be the 1 QB in all the NFL they want to represent the #2 beer in America. In truth they could replace him with 10 other QB's if he said no, but there are not 10 other beers that will pay him that money.

Reactions: Dawgg

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
from the interwebs:

"Bud Light does not sponsor the Dallas Cowboys. Though the brand is the official National Football League (NFL) beer partner, the Dallas Cowboys are missing from their clientele list. The Cowboys are one of the five NFL franchises not sponsored by the beer giants."

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't think anybody really cares anymore AB is just spending a **** load of money to try to fix the brand. More power to Dak for getting some of that easy money.

5 years from now there will be a thread here titled Can You Remember That Bud Light Fiasco? Me neither.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I don't think anybody really cares anymore AB is just spending a **** load of money to try to fix the brand. More power to Dak for getting some of that easy money.

5 years from now there will be a thread here titled Can You Remember That Bud Light Fiasco? Me neither.

I don't know, man. I still hate Clippy and I'm willing to bet most of y'all do as well. How many years ago was that?

word everyone GIF

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I'm pretty tired of the pearl clutching over Bud Light. I'm also tired of cancel culture no matter what side is employing it. If you don't want to buy something, don't buy it. Why the need to have a bunch of other people not buying it with you? Do people need that much validation? Also, Bud Light is tragic as far as tasting like beer. It and Michelob Ultra are basically for the seltzer crowd who don't like to taste anything. Miller Lite is about the only light beer that tastes like beer.

Reactions: HRMSU and Dawgg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
from the interwebs:

"Bud Light does not sponsor the Dallas Cowboys. Though the brand is the official National Football League (NFL) beer partner, the Dallas Cowboys are missing from their clientele list. The Cowboys are one of the five NFL franchises not sponsored by the beer giants."
Miller Lite is theirs. At least Jerry got that right.

Reactions: HRMSU and onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
the reality of today's information overload is that if it is not a controversy (real, fake, or planned) no one will pay attention to it and talk about it.

you are seeing daily planned controversies now, completely and totally planned so that you will talk about it or care about it. my advice? ignore it

my dog taught me this trick. we walked often and when she heard a dog barking at her she didn't look, even when two dogs were barking and fighting, she just kept on sniffing the ground and being happy.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Yes, time to carry the pitchforks to Barbie outrage. Nothing more satisfying than arguing about how fictional characters "should" be. Up until now, little girls wanting to be just like Barbie, many of whom have the eating disorders to prove their desire to have an unattainable body, has been just fine...
But the SI Swim issue was a lot better

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I'm pretty tired of the pearl clutching over Bud Light. I'm also tired of cancel culture no matter what side is employing it. If you don't want to buy something, don't buy it. Why the need to have a bunch of other people not buying it with you? Do people need that much validation? Also, Bud Light is tragic as far as tasting like beer. It and Michelob Ultra are basically for the seltzer crowd who don't like to taste anything. Miller Lite is about the only light beer that tastes like beer.
I agree with you - basically, everyone please stay in your lane, leave others alone, quit pushing your beliefs on everyone else (especially children). Quit purposefully standing up (or parading around) in the public square shouting that everyone has to agree with you or else be canceled/labeled a bigot/punished in some manner. It is so so tiresome.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

who gives a ****?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't disagree it's a bad look. Throw in the fact that the Cowboys don't do anything with BL (they are strictly Miller Lite and always have been), and the fact that it gives just one more reason to beat on poor Dak, I would have steered to something else entirely. Bad marketing decision on his part, given the market he's in.

Surely there's some more money to be made in European poop yogurt or something....

I think its a terrible move for him, the only positive reactions will be from LGBTQABCXYZ* supporters which will be so very minimal compared to the negative support. He's not hurting for endorsements and could have his pick so why choose that one?

Reactions: Dawg1976
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login