Damn proud of the effort today

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes oline is our weakest group on offense. They have improved two weeks in a row on run blocking but pass pro is weak. Very weak. Pounders trying to get our qb killed
No doubt. Run blocking was pretty good today. But our tackles got abused trying to pass block.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not keen on moral victories but the defense and runninme looked better today, especially in the first half. We schemed well to keep our true freshman qb from getting decapitated and I saw some decent open field tackles. If the pass rush gets there half a second earlier we don't give up the TD to end the half.

Here's hoping the shitters, quitters, and pussies are all gone and we can start looking like a halfway competitive team going forward.
I don't count moral victories. We need to spend all our NIL money on Linemen. We have a good start at the skill spots.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Great effort today v a bigger and faster football team. Talent was the difference today.

We scratched and clawed and looked like a competent football team. We have something to build on now.

The freshman MVB...... good job. He is a player.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Great. We are back to getting excited about moral victories.
I'm pretty sure except for like one time in history we have always only had moral victories against the number 1 team in the country. All we can ask most years is to be competitive in that game. We were today for 2 quarters with a new coach and basically new team from last year. Now Texas could have been sleep walking too knowing how awful we are. But we have been improving our run game just got to get the passing game going and I think we will see some more scores.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login