Dear $NFLX owners….

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Saw that this afternoon and realized I have no idea when the last time I watched something on Netflix. HBO MAX (despite being the worst app on earth operationally) runs laps around it from a content standpoint.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Looks like maybe that bump up to $20 while the bulk of their new content was trash reality shows wasn't their best idea.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The worst streaming app is the Bally Sports Network app. It’s a like a group of third graders slapped it together overnight.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
The worst streaming app is the Bally Sports Network app. It’s a like a group of third graders slapped it together overnight.

That app is garbage. I have yet to be able to watch a game broadcast on Sports Southeast. It always says this is not a part of your package. Turn it on the TV, it’s right there.

I’m not home a lot to watch games and their stupid mobile app keeps me from watching a good chunk of the games.

I have xfinity and get both Bally channels. I should be able to watch ALL the games on their stupid app.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I got rid of Netflix like 1.5 years ago. Someone called me a psychopath when I said this the first time, but the whole platform feels like some super woke 20 year olds are feeding social media posts to an AI computer designed to write scripts. The plots are laughably bad. Politics aside, the quality of the content is so poor that I can’t even watch full seasons. I think I made it through a couple seasons of you but bailed on the rest

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I got rid of Netflix like 1.5 years ago. Someone called me a psychopath when I said this the first time, but the whole platform feels like some super woke 20 year olds are feeding social media posts to an AI computer designed to write scripts. The plots are laughably bad. Politics aside, the quality of the content is so poor that I can’t even watch full seasons. I think I made it through a couple seasons of you but bailed on the rest

Concur, we pay for netflix, but never watch it. Hulu, HBOMax and even Prime are our go tos.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
My wife watches a bunch of Netflix shows and every one of them are terrible. Bad writing and storylines.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I decided to switch things up 15 months ago and sign up for motley fool stock advisor. Netflix was just one of the awful picks they had. I'm down about 60% overall. They sent me some emails to resubscribe, but didn't like my reimbursement request.
Now I'm just gonna take my $3k annual loss max untik I die. Just need to figure out what to sell first.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I can’t defend most of Netflix original programming. Some of their investigative series are really good.
But I gotta defend Longmire. Best series on the platform. Only show my whole family can agree to sit down around.

The next closest is Blue Bloods on CBS, but it has become horribly stale and cheesy for me.

We watched Reacher on prime. First two or three episodes were good. Rest of the season was wtf.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
She doesn’t watch any of those. I can’t remember the names of the shows but they’re terrible.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Saw that this afternoon and realized I have no idea when the last time I watched something on Netflix. HBO MAX (despite being the worst app on earth operationally) runs laps around it from a content standpoint.
The algorithm they have built has to be so dumb. I watch John Oliver/Winning Time/Peacemaker and they are nowhere to be found on the front page when a new episode is out, yet here are our suggestions Gossip Girl Sex and athe City Reboot and some Rom Com. HBO, I hope you aren’t Data brokering because whoever you are selling to is getting screwed.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Looks like maybe that bump up to $20 while the bulk of their new content was trash reality shows wasn't their best idea.

I'm considering dropping it as well and cutting back on several streaming applications except for the ones I really like Discovery. It has a ton of content for a good price.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Covid shutting down show production has hurt all streaming apps to me. It's like there's two or three shows on each and the seasons are short, but that's about it.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
My wife's LOVES Virgin River. Just kill me. It's like watching a Netflix series version of Sweet Home Alabama

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
My wife's LOVES Virgin River. Just kill me. It's like watching a Netflix series version of Sweet Home Alabama

Holy 17! I told mine she should watch that **** with her boyfriend. It was painfully bad! And all these damn vampire shows? Vampires are supposed to be bad.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I paid for it for years just so my daughter's could use the log in and keep the peace. I warned them about 6 months ago it was the last month on my credit card and apparently they didn't believe me because it was salty around the house for a few days until they figured out how to renew the account with their credit card. My wife nor I EVER watched it but kept it around for them, no more. Hulu is next on my delete list....

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The algorithm they have built has to be so dumb. I watch John Oliver/Winning Time/Peacemaker and they are nowhere to be found on the front page when a new episode is out, yet here are our suggestions Gossip Girl Sex and athe City Reboot and some Rom Com. HBO, I hope you aren’t Data brokering because whoever you are selling to is getting screwed.

Me each Sunday night- "Where the 17 is Last Week Tonight?! Its one of only a few things I even watch on this app!"

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I dont remember the last time I watched something on Netflix. I looked a week or so ago and was just unmotivated to try anything. It was probably that mercenary action movie with one of Thor's brothers. Or maybe it was one of the Explained Docuseries. Those Explained episodes are legitimately interesting- 20min and info on random topics made interesting.

The only reason why we still have Netflix is because my kids watch the **** out of some really dumb shows on it and because my parents use it for...I am guessing some really dumb shows.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Lol y’all hating on Netflix are some snobby as mother17ers. You mean you don’t like Seinfeld? Breaking Bad? Better Call Saul? Tiger King? Comedians in Cars? Chapelle stand ups? I can watch that **** on repeat. Just having Seinfeld alone is worth it. Plus all the true crime docuseries they come out with, y’all just can’t help but find a reason to ***** about something.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I was about to post the same thing about Stand Up specials. When I get into a new comic, I can usually find one or two specials I didn't know about, and it's quite enjoyable. I use Netflix more than any of the others, though we have most of them. I watch a lot of old shows as well that I either didn't have time for when it originally aired, or wasn't interested then. The Last Kingdom was phenomenal. I'm running out of them, but I love the historical dramas I can find. I need to basically restart Peaky for I have no idea where I left off, Season 3 maybe.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I am waiting for the second half of ozark to release. Then I will binge and drop the Flix.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Just wrapped up the first 7 episodes last night of Season 4. It’s been solid.

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom the HBO Max app works like hammered ****. I thought it was just me.

kired

Aug 22, 2008

Somewhat of a tangent here... but I can't understand how I can watch nothing but MSU sports on the ESPN app, but it still makes me scroll past 20 other games of softball, college hockey, southern vs tulane, etc. before I find the MSU baseball game. After years of collecting data on me, how can it not realize there is only one team I'm interested in watching? How can it not know to put anything MSU related at the top of my list?

And meanwhile I can search for a mattress on my iphone one time, and the next day I get mattress ads on SPS using my work computer.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I apparently am one of the few here that enjoys Netflix. Yeah, I don't like some of the woke crap they push, but guess what? I just won't watch it. I do like a lot of things they have. Ozark is excellent. Bloodline, while it ended a few years ago, was one of my favorite shows ever. Netflix is my main go to, but Apple+, while it doesn't have the quantity of Netflix is really making a push. Netflix is uncancellable for me. So it Apple.

As for Hulu, I really like it for the few originals they have put out. Little Fires Everywhere, Dope Sick, Only Murders in the Building, and one that I'm really into now - The Girl from Plainville.

I will dip in and out of Peacock, Paramount+ and HBO, but Netflix, Youtube TVm Apple+ and the Disney bundle are ones that I won't even consider cancelling at this point.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
The problem isn't Netflix itself.

The problem is that Netflix used to be all you needed, as far as streaming services go, because that's all there was. Now there's quality content spread across so many platforms it's just as expensive as cable if you want access to it all.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The problem is that Netflix used to be all you needed, as far as streaming services go, because that's all there was. Now there's quality content spread across so many platforms it's just as expensive as cable if you want access to it all.

And the people that used to provide content to Netflix now have their own services. Too many services now. You have to go from one to the other to see the best stuff. Too expensive to have them all at once.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
I currently have basically all of them, but the rotating strategy is better.

Have Netflix for a month, or until you get caught up on everything you watch, then cancel and switch to Hulu, Disney+, Paramount+, HBO Max, Prime Video, Apple TV, etc.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I can’t defend most of Netflix original programming. Some of their investigative series are really good.
But I gotta defend Longmire. Best series on the platform. Only show my whole family can agree to sit down around.

The next closest is Blue Bloods on CBS, but it has become horribly stale and cheesy for me.

We watched Reacher on prime. First two or three episodes were good. Rest of the season was wtf.

Netflix has really gone with a quantity over quality approach. Or arguably, quality plus quantity. They really don't want to be reliant on rights negotiated with third party content producers/owners, but I think the volume of **** they put out just makes it harder for people to find stuff that is actually good. For example, Netflix's lost in space adaptation was pretty decent and pretty high production value. It may not be something that's going to drive people to the app, but it's at least good enough to watch. But it's mixed in with a hundred different ****** productions and I'm guessing a lot of people haven't even tried it.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Agree, the ESPN app finally stopped making me login to directv EVERY SINGLE TIME I opened it, but it desperately needs a ‘favorite team’ option, or just remember who you normally watch. You have to scroll all the way down to ‘baseball’ or ‘sec’, and then it’s always one of the last games listed.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Because I'm old, white, and uncool, I find more content that I like on Pluto. And it's free. Now they are showing the old school Iron Chefs with muh boi Chen Kenichi.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lot of us "snobby as mother17ers" out here. Article I read just this morning sitting on the throne says they just lost over 200,000 subscribers in 1stQ '22. Seinfeld ended 24, yes, 24 years ago

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I’d rather watching Joebob catching fish and screaming about a tight line on YouTube than any of these woke tranny streaming services

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login